PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to solo2 but with a couple of questions

css_jay99
06-03-2013, 08:51 AM
hi guys,

I have just bought the solo2 and installed the latest vix image. Everything is almost done but I still a questions.

1) Every where mentions that things are in the vix feeds (e.g. ice films / channel1) . where exactly are these vix feeds?
2) I can see a drivers section on the forum, what are they for or when would i know if I need them?
3) I copied cccam & oscam ipk to the /tmp directory but then only installed cccam.
when I click on the blue button "2 oscam info" is showing up in the list. Please How can I get rid of it since i dont need it?
4) backup manager:- I cant seem to be able to create a backup. when I go into the backup manager I get a message "There was a problem with this device, please reformat' could this be because I don't have a hdd/usb stick attached?
5) I have a NAS and a Mac Mini that has films on it, please how do I get access to them from the solo?
6) When Skins are installed, can they bee uninstalled or does it mean re-imaging the whole unit again ...?

Thanks

cooa99

donki
06-03-2013, 10:57 AM
1. Install TS Panel
2. ipk files should be installed either from tmp or hdd root and installed via Software Management.
3. Why do you want to use OSC@M? Just use CCC@M if you are just running as a client.
4. Yes. You can't back something up into thin air. Install a HDD or use a pen drive.
5. Go into Setup-System-Network-Network Browser. Find the NAS share you want and add it. The mapped drive will then appear in your Media Player and you will be able to select media files from it to play.
6. Use DCC or VUCC to navigate to usr/share/enigima2/. Here you will find a folder associated with the skin you wish to be rid of. Delete the folder and you will be rid of it for good. This also works to restore your box if you install an incompatible skin that causes it to GIU restart loop.

Hope this has been helpful.

css_jay99
06-03-2013, 03:01 PM
1. Install TS Panel
2. ipk files should be installed either from tmp or hdd root and installed via Software Management.
3. Why do you want to use OSC@M? Just use CCC@M if you are just running as a client.
4. Yes. You can't back something up into thin air. Install a HDD or use a pen drive.
5. Go into Setup-System-Network-Network Browser. Find the NAS share you want and add it. The mapped drive will then appear in your Media Player and you will be able to select media files from it to play.
6. Use DCC or VUCC to navigate to usr/share/enigima2/. Here you will find a folder associated with the skin you wish to be rid of. Delete the folder and you will be rid of it for good. This also works to restore your box if you install an incompatible skin that causes it to GIU restart loop.

Hope this has been helpful.

Thanks for reply.

1) TS Panel is no longer part of the VIX feed( ... as I have read....). So this does not answer the question of what vix feeds are and where to view them.
Are vix feeds simply info you see on the screen in the plugins menu? or something else seen elsewhere?.
Since TS Panel is mentioned above what are the uses of TS Panel?
2) still unanswered
3) understood now, but how do I get it (i.e. OSC@M ) off the screen ?(when I never installed it except for previously placing it in the /tmp folder)
4) understood now
5) understood now
6) understood now

sorry for the questions!

cheers

DCG
06-03-2013, 03:14 PM
i am glad the search function works

try here

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?156126-TS-Panel-(various)-for-vu-and-linux-boxes

echelon
06-03-2013, 05:42 PM
Thanks for reply.

1) TS Panel is no longer part of the VIX feed( ... as I have read....). So this does not answer the question of what vix feeds are and where to view them.
Are vix feeds simply info you see on the screen in the plugins menu? or something else seen elsewhere?.
Since TS Panel is mentioned above what are the uses of TS Panel?
2) still unanswered
3) understood now, but how do I get it (i.e. OSC@M ) off the screen ?(when I never installed it except for previously placing it in the /tmp folder)
4) understood now
5) understood now
6) understood now

sorry for the questions!

cheers

1) no idea what vix feeds are , but 1channel and icefilms are plugins to stream feeds to your box, so are usually in the plugins menu

2) difficult to answer as drivers are updated all the time, but vix usually has them in its online update feature

3) oscam info is a plugin to tell you oscam details, it is not oscam (the clue is in the name !)

so as you didnt install oscam you dont need to uninstall it

if oscam info is installed, and if you didnt install it , then its a plugin already installed into the main image (as there usually are)

uninstalling plugins is usually done in add/remove plugins in the plugin management section of the plugins menu, or maybe be somewhere else depending on the image makers, so its a case of finding the add/remove section of the aspect you are dealing with, and add or remove as required

css_jay99
07-03-2013, 03:45 AM
thanks very much for the replies guys.

All now understood!