PDA

View Full Version : Freesat hd

thevandestroyer
13-03-2013, 10:48 PM
Hi folks... is there a free sat hd reciever on the market with the rf 1 & 2 so The back feed with magic eye can work???... thanks in advance :)

echelon
14-03-2013, 01:32 AM
not that I know of but you never can tell

there are rf modulators and infra red blasters you can buy that work with a magic eye (blue delta and global make them, maybe others)

BUT , if you just wanted a freesat HD box with rf modulator buy a cheap second hand sly plus HD box and you have it all in the one viewing box

and if it comes with a sly freesat card from your own locality its postcoded and will open c5HD too (using the card)

thevandestroyer
15-03-2013, 09:55 PM
interesting.... its for an old dear I know and wants to do away with sky.... but continue with the back feed to a kitchen with the magic eye... except that she wants a fancy freesat with hard drive etc... the modulators?!.. are they easy to fit operate etc???...

thanks in advance

Detlef
16-03-2013, 01:37 AM
AFAIR it will need a basic sub for a Sky HD box to record/playback and then it will only do HD on BBC1 (and soon BBC2), ITV1, Ch4 and Ch5 plus NRK News and RT News.

But then again that is all you will get in HD on a Foxsat HDpvr (AKA FreeSat).

TK4|2|1
16-03-2013, 09:00 AM
You will need a humax foxsatHDR and a Triax omni link kit to maintain your magic eye to the kitchen. There are other freesat recorders on the market, but the humax is the best. IMHO.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

davet
16-03-2013, 10:40 AM
Hi what you need is a pace 3100 sly box thats had the sly patch applied ( google pace 3100 patch ) you can use the rf 2 output and record any of the fta channels without an sly sub
I been using one over a year now

just read the post again ( it wont do hd ) sorry

Hookman
13-10-2013, 03:57 PM
Sorry for coming in late with a newbie question - I dont seem to be able to tune to any Freesat channels on my HD AZbox, is this due to my box as other standard channels tune perfectly.
Thanks in advance.