PDA

View Full Version : S4000HD updates to assist a noob

renevil
14-03-2013, 06:35 PM
Hi all,

I have had my Icecrypt S4000HD for over 2 years now and apart from the odd problem (nothing major) I have been very happy with it. Unfortunately it has now started to give me major problems with TV stations not being where they were (even after channel scans) and things being slow and untidy in general especially on some of the European sats.

I have not updated/changed anything on it for them 2 years so I know there must be a few updates/plug ins I need to change and was wondering if anyone could help/advise me of what I really need to do and what I need to use I would be eternally grateful. I know I need to download something and put it onto USB stick which is then inserted into the S4000 but after that I am at a loss.

Many thanks in advance

blakmumba
14-03-2013, 08:14 PM
If your box is running perfect and you only having problems with channel orders why do you want to upgrade plugins, f/w etc? :banghead: All info is available via the threads but will list the basics. To install copy plugin folder to usb stick and slam in ice and follow on-screen instructions (press red button, press green etc). However if installing plugins ensure you press the yellow button 1st to erase previous plugins before updating.

Firmware - update if your having problems BUT expect further problems.

Plugins (cccam, xcam, mgcamd etc) - update if your having crashes/glitches etc.

Channel Lists - As name suggests, download to update the order immitating sly uk.

Maxiboot - To change bootloader to install different vendors firmware or to install third party software.

Enigma - To change to third party firmware/software.

fatboy7
14-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Have a go with the flash cleaner, very well do***ented on here.

renevil
15-03-2013, 08:34 AM
Many thanks to all. I will and read as many threads in the forum as I can.

Blakmumba, "Channel Lists - As name suggests, download to update the order immitating sly uk."

As it is the channel listings I am having trouble with, especially for some of the non Sly UK satellites. Do you recommend a Channel list I can download?

Many thanks again for all the help