PDA

View Full Version : Recording with icecrypt 6000pvr

woodbud
17-03-2013, 12:37 PM
Further to previous posts regarding recording and EPG problems , I am experiencing all the previously mentioned issues (epg dissappearing not populating, timer setting recordings ,crashing ,blackscreen when trieing to view recordings etc ,etc ) Has any further progress been made regarding these issues or have we just accepted the fact that it will never be resolved. I have tried different firmware currently using 2.11.34 dont think I have had one decent recording without it crashing or failing, these receivers would seem to be not fit for purpose as other members have said, how can a top end product be allowed to be sold when it does not perform its basic fuctions?

geoffh
17-03-2013, 01:41 PM
I might be tempting fate here but so far apart from not always getting the programme synopnsis, the box (6000) is working well. I did have a few problems some months back withe box refusing to update Fw and locking up, so I decided to do 2 things;
1) clearout all plugins by doing a user format.
2) Look at sticky 2 on main icecrypt page and follow that procedure (follow the 4000 procecure).
This worked for me and I haven't had a problem since (34 Fw)
Might be worth a try

woodbud
17-03-2013, 02:14 PM
Which plugin bundle are you using my latest try was the "OCT12.12" bundle, does it make a difference?

geoffh
17-03-2013, 03:13 PM
Its always good practice to use the latest plugins with the latest Fw as there can be compatability issues, but what goes best with what you will have to research through the ice posts. I believe there have been issues with Mgcamd in particular. I tend not to use the whole plugin bundle, I pick and choose, I guess it depends what your needs are. Let us know how you get on.
I think I would clear the plugins by doing a user format, update the Fw as said above. see how the box perfoms if ok start adding your plugins
Don't forget to do a factiory reset after loading the Fw and save your settings either in the system recovery section or on a usb stick befor you do anything