PDA

View Full Version : Couple of queries

ironman
21-03-2013, 12:23 PM
I have adjusted my channel list ( cataeyes ) to my own personal taste by using the STB remote no problem, however when I go to say 13e there is no option to move any channel. Is this common? I know it can be done using VUcc but i've not tried that yet.
Thanks for any input. ;)

sonic1
21-03-2013, 02:29 PM
Something is not right, you should be able to edit any channel in any bouquet.

donki
21-03-2013, 03:43 PM
It is both easier and more expedient (depending on how much editting you want to do) to use Dreamboxedit (Dbedit) to adjust settings on an Enignma based STB. It can be used to download and upload them also. The name is a bit misleading as it is in reality an Enigma tool which all DM & VU+ STB's employ as standard.

If you are just making minor changes then sure you should be able to do this via the remote by opening the channel list, pressing the sat key (normally green), scoll to the sat you want (eg Astra 19E services (usually the top of the three), then finding the channel you want to play with (eg: add to a bouquet), press the menu button and take your pick.

You will not be able to delete or move entries in the main services listings via the remote. That can only be done using Dbdit on a PC.

Word of warning, it is very common for settings to become corrupt when moving or adding services to bouquets using the handset. Whilst this will not become immediately apparrent on the box itself it does result in Dbedit freezing up completely when trying to import such modified settings. Never got my head around why this happens but it happens on all boxes I currently own & have ever owned. After a while I have know this to cause my STB to begin freezing up completely when zapping through channels which is why I always use Dbedit to avoid such complications.

Not saying this is all gospel but worth mentioning just for reference.

kota
21-03-2013, 04:19 PM
Second that ...

ironman
21-03-2013, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the replies guy's. I downloaded the catseyes file earlier this month and put the zip file in a folder, then unpacked it and then installed it via VUcc FTP. It all loaded except 13E which had to be scanned in by sending the dish to Hotbird via the v-box positioner then scanning using the remote but it would not work first few times, I thought something was wrong. Being new to the stb I was reluctant to try to much in case I messed it up, I have updated channels epg manually and at other times and all is O.K.
Do you recommend using the B.H to download catseye channel list and start again, I would think this would over write the current edited one and I could then edit from the P.C, is this the correct way to go?
Many thanks for the advice.

Dark Cloud
21-03-2013, 07:42 PM
Yes, I'm a Dreambox Edit Guy. I have a nice personal list for each satellite I land on.
Nice'n'easy.

kota
21-03-2013, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the replies guy's. I downloaded the catseyes file earlier this month and put the zip file in a folder, then unpacked it and then installed it via VUcc FTP. It all loaded except 13E which had to be scanned in by sending the dish to Hotbird via the v-box positioner then scanning using the remote but it would not work first few times, I thought something was wrong. Being new to the stb I was reluctant to try to much in case I messed it up, I have updated channels epg manually and at other times and all is O.K.
Do you recommend using the B.H to download catseye channel list and start again, I would think this would over write the current edited one and I could then edit from the P.C, is this the correct way to go?
Many thanks for the advice.

Try this. Download catseye list once again from the forum and unrar the file to a new folder in your computer. Then open dreambox Edit and let it load the file you've just saved. It will probably say it found some errors but it will correct them anyway. Save it and start deleting all satellites and lists you won't be needing. When finished, save it again and use the program to send the edited file to the Vu+ making sure your set up is set to EXPERT in you box CUSTOMISE menu. It will delete the existing settings on your box and if needed you can always reload it back on your computer if you want to change anything else or update it if any new services emerge in the meantime. Hope this helps. :001_302:

EDIT. Forgot to mention every time you send a new list to the box, you will need to restart Enigma2 for the changes to take effect but you probably knew that already ....

ironman
21-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Hello Kota, thats a great how to M8, very much appreciated. Have had a bit too much to drink at the moment ( dont drink that much ) so will leave that till tomorrow. Thanks again for the info, will update when completed.

Cheers ironman :respect-055: