PDA

View Full Version : cccam on Solo 2

kemik
25-03-2013, 02:57 PM
Hi,

Thinking of upgrading my DM800HD to Vu solo 2

Just a quick question as moving from a single to a dual tuner. Do I need a c-line per tuner or will one c-line work for both tuners?

Thanks

kota
25-03-2013, 03:02 PM
one sea lion will be more than enough :cool:

donki
25-03-2013, 03:59 PM
Upgrading from an 800 to the S2 is going to be a mind blowing experieince unless you are a Nemesis fan or a image swapping freak like me. :)

Be aware that, depending on the source of the sealion, you may get cut off because some places only allow 1 connection per IP. So if you are using both tuners at the same time (recording one while watching another) then the answer may well be you need a 2nd line or a line that allows a second connection at the same IP.

If, like me, you are just sharing between friends, then I am sure it will be fine but it would be worth letting your co-sharers know just so that they don't think you have begun taking the **** or are resharing outside the 'circle'. :)

PS: Don't know how much more expensive or even when it will finally be available but I decided to wait for the new Duo2. It's going to be the dogz spherical objects.

Hi,

Thinking of upgrading my DM800HD to Vu solo 2

Just a quick question as moving from a single to a dual tuner. Do I need a c-line per tuner or will one c-line work for both tuners?

Thanks

kota
25-03-2013, 04:50 PM
Upgrading from an 800 to the S2 is going to be a mind blowing experieince unless you are a Nemesis fan or a image swapping freak like me. :)

Be aware that, depending on the source of the sealion, you may get cut off because some places only allow 1 connection per IP. So if you are using both tuners at the same time (recording one while watching another) then the answer may well be you need a 2nd line or a line that allows a second connection at the same IP.

If, like me, you are just sharing between friends, then I am sure it will be fine but it would be worth letting your co-sharers know just so that they don't think you have begun taking the **** or are resharing outside the 'circle'. :)

PS: Don't know how much more expensive or even when it will finally be available but I decided to wait for the new Duo2. It's going to be the dogz spherical objects.

Got a point there donki. My mistake. Haven't been warned yet but I hardly watch a channel while recording another anyway ... thanks for clarifying this.

kemik
25-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Thanks but the Solo 2 has only just come out hasn't it therefore wont i have to wait some time for a Duo 2?

donki
25-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Got a point there donki. My mistake. Haven't been warned yet but I hardly watch a channel while recording another anyway ... thanks for clarifying this.

I still run with a single tuner and to be perfectly honest a second tuner has just never been a requirement for me because stuff that may be on at the same time is repeated so often anyway. Else I can get it from a still open Torrent site. :)

Only times I really wished I had a second tuner was when say Derby & Manu U or Germany & England have very rarely had games on TV at the same time. Even then it's not really a must have. :)

One should remember also that the 2nd tuner can only be used on the same Sat anyway unless one is going to go for a really complex setup.

Thanks but the Solo 2 has only just come out hasn't it therefore wont i have to wait some time for a Duo 2?

It was orginally supposed to be released this month but last I read was that it would now be in the summer. Check this thread out by clicking HERE (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?160188-Duo2-Release-date):)

Check their site out by clicking HERE (http://www2.vuplus.com/products/dou2manu).