PDA

View Full Version : crashlogs help please

vamas
01-04-2013, 11:19 AM
@phoenix
Thanks for this plug in which i have installed thanks to your instructions.
I have tried BBC, ITV and Ch4 but all of these give me green screen when I try to see the actual episode. getting to what item i want to watch is fine but then as said before. Is there something I can do to be able to see what we want. I am outside the UK and am running this on a vu solo very latest BH.

thanks again.

pheonix
01-04-2013, 11:32 AM
@phoenix
Thanks for this plug in which i have installed thanks to your instructions.
I have tried BBC, ITV and Ch4 but all of these give me green screen when I try to see the actual episode. getting to what item i want to watch is fine but then as said before. Is there something I can do to be able to see what we want. I am outside the UK and am running this on a vu solo very latest BH.

thanks again.

Best thing would be to upload the crash logs so people can try and see whats going wrong for you.

vamas
01-04-2013, 12:13 PM
how can I get the crash logs as i have never done this before.

echelon
01-04-2013, 12:26 PM
how can I get the crash logs as i have never done this before.

ftp them from your box to your pc or laptop

zip them up, and upload in your post onto here so others can view them and see what the error was

I always ensure any personal info is ****** out by checking on the laptop in Notepad++ first however

vamas
01-04-2013, 12:33 PM
@echelon - sorry but still in the dark as i have no idea how to do what you are telling me. I normally do ftp from pc to box but have never done it any other way.

echelon
01-04-2013, 01:27 PM
@echelon - sorry but still in the dark as i have no idea how to do what you are telling me. I normally do ftp from pc to box but have never done it any other way.

exactly the same but in reverse (ie:- ftp FROM the box , TO the laptop or pc), then install and use notepad++ to edit the personal info out of the file

then use 7zip or winzip to zip it up, and then upload it to the forum using the advanced reply and use the attachment management section, using the basic uploader

you should open your own threads on the forum when asking how to do something which you should be fully aware of after 9 years on here as a member

vamas
01-04-2013, 02:57 PM
@ echelon

my problem is not how to ftp or zip etc but what to ftp from the box to pc, meaning which file/command whatever. Please also appreciate that I am not English and sometimes I might not be too clear in what I write and yes you are right I should have started my own thread, maybe you can arrange to do send my correspondence on this part as a new thread on my behalf.
thanks

echelon
01-04-2013, 03:29 PM
check the location of where your system is set to save the crash logs, which may be on the hdd or usb stick

ftp into the box to that location, then transfer them to your pc to a spare folder (mine are in media/hdd)

they are normally named enigma2_crash_123456.log for example (the actual numbers will be different)

then open them in notepad++ and edit out any personal info

these logs will also indicate why the system crashed

you can also check those on your box in the tools in tspanel crashlog viewer too

and you can use 7zip to zip them up and post in this thread for further help

any ftp program can be used, including dcc or cute-ftp or flash-fxp which is what I use
also fireftp and filezilla

but as you have a vu you could quite easily use VuCC by our sponsor goldwafers and use its built in ftp program

vamas
07-04-2013, 10:59 AM
@ Echelon
Finally I am back home and back on my box.
I have managed to FTP crash report to my pc (it is only 18KB).
I need to know now how to attach to message on here.

thanks

echelon
07-04-2013, 11:02 AM
@ Echelon
Finally I am back home and back on my box.
I have managed to FTP crash report to my pc (it is only 18KB).
I need to know now how to attach to message on here.

thanks

check it for any personal info using notepad++, and blank any out with ******* and save it

then zip it up with 7zip

and then use an advanced reply, and in manage attachments attach the zipped file using the "basic uploader" to your reply message and post it

this will add a reply and will attach the zipped file so somebody else can download it, unpack it and view the crashlog

vamas
07-04-2013, 05:43 PM
This is an attachment to my crash report. I need to know why every time i try to access a programm on BBC, ITV or ch 4 I get green screen.

ian
07-04-2013, 05:49 PM
this is why

BBC iPlayer: Version 1.0.1: Non UK Address: Using TUNLR!!
BBC iPlayer: Version 1.0.1: findPlayUrl: Non-UK and no limelight, return blank:
Screen <class 'Screens.MessageBox.MessageBox'>(('Non-UK and no limelight, No playable stream for The Voice UK: Series 2: Blind Auditions 2', 3), {'simple': True, 'timeout': 5}): <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
Traceback (most recent call last):

because you cannot connect to the url its creating a kwargs argument,hence the crash.

does your isp block TUNLR ?

Ian.

vamas
07-04-2013, 06:01 PM
@ Ian
thanks for your super fast answer.
I do not know what my isp is using. I will have to chech with them. I do not know if it makes any difference but i do manage to see RTE and the others. I cannot open just BBC, ITV & ch4

echelon
07-04-2013, 06:06 PM
@ Ian
thanks for your super fast answer.
I do not know what my isp is using. I will have to chech with them. I do not know if it makes any difference but i do manage to see RTE and the others.

I cannot open just BBC, ITV & ch4

well, as an observation you did say in post #1 you are OUTSIDE the UK

ian
07-04-2013, 07:12 PM
i doubt very much your isp will tell you what they are blocking lol

you need to find this out for yourself using the net.

try to access their website from your pc.

Ian.

vamas
07-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Am I right in getting the impression that this plug in will not work for the uk channels outside the UK (?)

ian
07-04-2013, 09:56 PM
yes it will.

it uses TUNLR to bypass the geolock

if a none UK IP is detected it diverts to TUNLR to select limelight.
but yours isnt doing this,your unable to connect to limelight,hence the question about your isp blocking that site.

Ian.