PDA

View Full Version : changing reseller id on icecrypt S4000 ?

echelon
02-04-2013, 03:44 PM
ok , lets kick things off for spring 2013

1) can anybody please tell me which up to date tools or plugins (or both) I need to use to change my icecrypt S4000 to an octagon SF1018 ?

there were some files listed in here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?160871-New-software-for-icecrypt-4000 which I have now uploaded to the forum and I have also uploaded a few tools and plugins I found elsewhere

but ideally I could do with a step by step guide as to what to use and in what order in order to change the bootloader to allow the reseller ID to be changed, and ideally to allow me to run an E2 image from a usb stick too

2) so instructions on the loading of the HDMU E2 image required as well please

I have had a look at a few guides but they are a few years old and I would rather be told do this, do that etc , and what tools to use

I have a null modem cable that I can use from an xp pc with standard fifo serial port (so no usb adapters) if this is also necessary
I can also connect an ethernet cable too if both are necessary for these tasks

my icecrypt s4000 currently has an old 2011 v1.10.32 firmware on it and bootloader v 1.54, if that is any help

once I have managed to do these steps I will add or amend any tutorials as required so others can also learn from this

I can probably acquire any tools or plugins if they arent already here too (but feel free to upload any)

thank you for reading

paulipm
02-04-2013, 07:44 PM
I used this one couple of weeks ago from the icecrypt plug section works fine also changes the boot loader back to the original current bootloader (version 1.54 ) https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?149727-HDF-Flasher-plugin-TWIN-TUNER-ONLY-v1-54-06 just load it from a pendrive like you normally load plugins run it and select the reseller you want . if you are running the maxiboot bootloader then you can use the AAF recovery tool to change reseller (haven't found this to be a very reliable bit of software)you need your STB connected to your network and a null modem cable connected to your pc or laptop and run AAF and follow onscreen instructions to connect then select change reseller tab and again follow on screen instructions

echelon
02-04-2013, 08:05 PM
thanks , I dont have the maxiboot loader installed yet, was hoping to try that plugin after altering the reseller and trying the latest octagon firmware first

I actually hope to do both, and have the octagon in the flash and use a usb stick to try HDMU E2 images

fatboy7
02-04-2013, 11:58 PM
Hi echelon, sorry mate, I've been away so only saw your increased efforts to play with E2, so I quickly knocked this up, hope it helps (could do with polishing and pictures). If anyone has even shortened this further, please jump in.

How to E2 on a S4000.

I'll try and keep it concise, but some of it is from memory.

1. With the stock bootloader L1.54 and any firmware, install this plugin:
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?157469-New-Maxi-Flasher-E2-Boot-Loader-T11-BA09a
2. Make sure the internal HDD is formatted and recognised at this point.
3. Run the plugin, code 0815 , then use left and right to select the new reseller ID 'SF1018'. Press select, then restart the box.
4. Check the VFD on boot up, use the up and down keys to select Flash, to boot into stock firmware or USB P1 for E2 (when happy with full install press red on remote to select default boot flash or usb p1.
5. When back in stock firmware, make a note of the box IP address in the network menu.
6. At this point I always go to storage manager and perform a format on the user data partition.
7. After the above boot back to stock firmware.
8. Download Maxiboot installer from here:
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?151215-AAF-recovery-tool-4-6-%28latest%29-and-AAF-Maxiboot-Installer-1-5
9. Download your preferred E2 image and store on PC.
10. On a PC format a USB stick to fat32 then leave in the rear of the box.
11. Install maxiboot installer on a PC (run as administrator if needed), change the IP address to your box's IP address (from above), and your default gateway is normally 192.168.0.1 if using a router. Change the telnet and ftp username to 'root' no password needed, tick the auto helper box then connect.
12. After a while you will see your HDD and USB on the left panel in maxiboot installer.
13. Right click on the HDD, select 1 partition in EXT3 and give it a label of 'RECORD'. It will ask to confirm etc then format the HDD, it will take a while and may even give a time out error, just wait it fine.
14. Right click on the USB, select 1 partition (no point in 2), in EXT2 and its label by default is MINI1
15. After both are formatted, try the refresh button to see if both appear in the right panel, if not restart box to stock and connect again.
16. Right click on the USB on the right panel and select mount.
17. Once mounted right click again and select install image, then find your downloaded image.
18. It will ask to format again, this is fine, when its finished (a good few minutes), disconnect in maxiboot.
19. Leave stick in (now got the extracted image on it), and restart the box in USB P1 mode and your done, set up E2 and enjoy.

echelon
03-04-2013, 12:33 AM
thanks

I assume that somewhere in the early part of the tut I can stick the latest octagon firmware into the flash, then do the E2 stuff later

thanks again

fatboy7
03-04-2013, 12:51 PM
Think you've already got it sorted.

But

Yes, after you have changed your reseller ID and rebooted the box back to stock FW (FLASH in VFD on boot up), copy your prefered octagon .ird firmware onto a empty fat32 USB stick, plug in front of box and accept the firmware update. Then enjoy.

echelon
03-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Think you've already got it sorted.

But

Yes, after you have changed your reseller ID and rebooted the box back to stock FW (FLASH in VFD on boot up), copy your prefered octagon .ird firmware onto a empty fat32 USB stick, plug in front of box and accept the firmware update. Then enjoy.

thanks

now done that part but had trouble with the old plugin (for xcam), checked our forums and found a new icecam plugin for march 2013 so erased/formatted the user data area and installed the latest plugin and its working fine again

the maxiboot installer wanted to make partitions on the hdd like MINI1 and MINI2 etc so I changed it to 1 partition and named it RECORD
not sure what would have happened had I left it as the default partitions

so the tutorial I posted as a sticky , post #1 reseller and octagon formware install etc has been done and checked out ok

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?161323-TUTORIAL-changing-reseller-id-on-S4000-changing-firmware-and-E2

I used my old saved channel list and just the cardclient.config file in the new mar2013 icecam bundle plugin

still doing post #2 which is the E2 section of that tutorial as its taking a very long time formatting the hdd (or its stuck) even though I am in admin mode (run as administrator)

thanks again

ps:- not seen any picture breakup or frozen screens on HD channels on this new octagon software either !

echelon
03-04-2013, 03:57 PM
the problem I have now is that if I boot using the octagon firmware, it wants to format the hdd using ntfs

if I format the hdd using ext3 in AAF and reboot the box wants to reformat the hdd yet again using ntfs

ideally I could do with an ntfs or fat32 partition for the standard octagon firmware, and an ext3 partition to use for the E2 firmware

not sure if that is possible but clearly neither os wishes to use the other systems filing system, LOL

ps:- at least I no longer get HD picture breakup or frozen pics in octagon firmware or in E2 hdmu firmware

fatboy7
03-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Urggg, sounds about right.

I gave up on the stock FW years ago, so put up with the nag screen for formatting the HDD when in stock FW (only use it to use maxiboot installer).

You can have as many partitions as needed, but for the sake of E2 when in maxiboot and partitioning your HDD make partition 1 EXT3 and partition 2 NTFS. As everything for mounting HDD's in E2 looks for sda1.

I know its daft making sure the HDD is formatted and recognisable in stock FW first, but it keeps the boot arguments in check, otherwise your new E2 image just wont run (stuck on boot or boo). There are different bootloaders to try which may help with this issue.

If you really really want a dual boot system with the best of both, and would rather prefer the partitioning the other way round, it will work ok, just use the HDD manager in HDMU (plugin), to point to the HDD or edit the fstab file to have a permanent mount point. HDMU's E2 occasionally likes to misplace your HDD, which causes havoc with recordings and EPG data etc, but doing it as above has never caused me any issues. Or a USB HDD could be used, and save all the above.

Just a note - Always give the HDD a label of RECORD otherwise it cocks up your E2 recording paths and loads of other things.

Glad you've got E2 on and working, what do you think so far.

echelon
03-04-2013, 10:18 PM
the octagon firmware seems to work fine and no issues as yet

the E2 seemed to have a few problems and locked up a few times requiring a full reboot, and this was on the 3rd stick as the first 2 I tried failed completely. I do have a duo and a dm800 (and have recently played around with a solo2) so know a fair amount already and HDMU looks quite good but I have to try to get it working properly first

also I couldnt find a cccam to install, so did oscam and mgcamd online but the softcam manager didnt pick up on them at all so couldnt proceed

I may try some other usb sticks first and see if I get any further, but if not I do have a working box with this new ocatagon firmware

I think one point I have resolved is the fact that all my HD channel problems have now disappeared, and its taken years for that to happen when using stock icecrypt firmware and I had given up on those people actually fixing it. I also dont believe it was my box at fault, and it wasnt the hdd I had fitted either, its too easy for these resellers to blame the owner or the box, instead of actually putting out working firmware

echelon
04-04-2013, 01:21 PM
Urggg, sounds about right.

I gave up on the stock FW years ago, so put up with the nag screen for formatting the HDD when in stock FW (only use it to use maxiboot installer).

You can have as many partitions as needed, but for the sake of E2 when in maxiboot and partitioning your HDD make partition 1 EXT3 and partition 2 NTFS.
As everything for mounting HDD's in E2 looks for sda1.

looks like AAF maxiboot wont let me format in ntfs so the stock firmware doesnt like it and will only format the whole hdd in ntfs which then removes sda1 in ext3, it still complains if I use jfs or fat32 instead ! so not as easy as we thought , lol

seems to be working fine in stock octagon firmware though ;)

fatboy7
05-04-2013, 02:42 PM
Try 'JFS' in maxiboot installer when formatting the two partitions, the stock FW should recognise that.

Think I might give the octagon firmware a go, sounds intriguing, how does it get on with epg data on 28.2.

I use a sandisk extreme 8gb stick for my E2 images and have very few issues (Asda).

Using the latest HDMU image, with Oscam for MGcamd / CrossEpg / CoolTV I use it as a Sly box for playing watching recording pausing, remote streaming and internal NAS severing. And it spits its dummy out about once a week.

I must admit by its nature HDMU is always going to unstable due to its nightly build nature, but they are at least supporting and developing it, its just a shame now that I think the box's specifications don't live up to what's required of it.

echelon
05-04-2013, 03:23 PM
I tried jfs and ext3 as 2 partitions but the octagon firmware still wanted to format and mount the hdd in ntfs at full capacity

I havent looked into octagon epg issues as was busy looking into these other aspects like getting the octagon firmware to work and trying E2 from a stick (I dont even remember how to initiate octagon/icecrypt epg updating at the moment)

I tend to use my duo and dm800 but it bugged me that this box was sitting there doing nothing due to the cr*ppy icecrypt firmware, hence my posts about it

the duo replaced this box and serves what I want quite happily so I havent decided what to do with this icecrypt box yet, its useful as it plays divx and other files so I may use it as a spare in the living room which is where I usually use my client spiderbox, or it may get sold on as a twin tuner box as ultimately I want a vu solo2 for the living room