PDA

View Full Version : Gilbertini satelitte dish

skem4
04-04-2013, 07:33 PM
can anyone tell me how good these dishes are ,and are they high gain regards skem4 LFC:respect-050:

great dane
04-04-2013, 07:40 PM
can anyone tell me how good these dishes are ,and are they high gain regards skem4 LFC:respect-050:

Yes, they are highly recommendable.
I have a Gibertini 1.6m motorised in the south of Portugal. The signal improved by about 20% when I first installed it, and I have been happy with it ever since (3 years faultless service now)

bugaloo41
04-04-2013, 10:05 PM
I have a 1m dish (Scotland) motorised and its very good. Aluminium so not as heavy but certainly high gain.

skem4
05-04-2013, 05:56 AM
many thanks lads for your replies regard skem4 LFC

Barney
05-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Gilbertini ok dish but for me its got very weak arm and bracket compared with a Triax dish which is a much heavier build and much more reliable in heavy winds .
Triax 78cm or 88cm dish and inverto black ultra LNB should be a better option in my opinion .
cheers .
-
Barney

digicon
05-04-2013, 01:01 PM
Barney not sure where you have been looking but how can a Gibertini 1m dish that has a full aluminium dish face and have a full galavanised steel backplate not be better than a Triax steel front main dish face with one of the worse AZ/EL brackets to ever be invented which is horrendous to adjust for slight movement, lets put it this way once the Triax has rusted over the years the Gibby will still look like new.

You get what you pay for and seeing as the Gibby is around £40 dearer than the cheap steel Triax i know which one i would buy

dog-man
05-04-2013, 03:34 PM
My 1.1 Triax is over 10 years old and has no noticeable rust at all.

I do agree that the AZ/EL bracket setup is a very bad design. Very hard to adjust the dish because of the weight.

dog-man

pontiend
05-04-2013, 06:25 PM
I have a td88 and a 97cm triax.As said above,a lot of time and patience is needed to get the elivation any where near spot on.
The first time my wifes back is turned I am going to get an ally 1m orbial dish.My mate has one It is very good.

digicon
05-04-2013, 06:53 PM
I have a td88 and a 97cm triax.As said above,a lot of time and patience is needed to get the elivation any where near spot on.
The first time my wifes back is turned I am going to get an ally 1m orbial dish.My mate has one It is very good.

Good Choice the Orbital is now my preferred install Dish unless someone asks for a 90cm then i have to go with the dreaded Triax if the Punter can afford it then the Gibertini gets first choice followed by the orbital which shares a similar AZ/EL mount to the Gibby but its hardened Plastic but will stand the test of time and will still be as easy to adjust as when new.

Regards

cosworth4x4
05-04-2013, 09:18 PM
i cant confirm 100% as never owned or prob ever will a gibertini dish :smilielol5:

reports say it warps easily as only aluminium ,great when first put up but if you live in a windy area , im sure that counts all of the uk in, signals can soon drop.

malsat
05-04-2013, 10:45 PM
Would you put remolds on a fast sports car ?

Orbital is the best in both 1m and 80cm class
Gibertini is excellent in 1.2m if you want to use a disqc motor
Channel Master 1.2m if 36v used

Would never use triax with the crappy slide system unless customer demands then only on fixed satellite

digicon
05-04-2013, 11:10 PM
Never had any make of Aluminium face dish warp in any speed of winds and to warp that would have to be one hell of an almighty fast wind, Never put a Gibby 1.2m on a diseqc motor unless you dont mind changing them every year at nearly 27kg you would be stupid to put one on a Diseqc motor even the CM 1.2m with standard backplate weighs less.

Worse dish ever has to go to Triax and the so called 'Clasp' mechanism for an AZ/EL mount its shocking

Barney
06-04-2013, 12:26 AM
Triax is not that bad and not nearly as bad as what is claimed in this thread so far and nope rust is not a thing that will happen with triax dishes i got one on the gavel of house for past 10 years and there is no rust on it at all .
Gibertini 90cm is very light dish and Arm is too weak and flexible and mount looks like nothin' to be honest like a coke can is best way to describe it ..gotta be a nightmare as cosworth4x4 says in the constant high winds i would not be surprised to see it warp and fold up in two pieces ,
Triax 1.1m is a bit overkill and yes agree its not suitable for disecq motor to adjust as is any dish over 90cm in my opinion .
my Channel master offset 1.2m dish ground mounted with actuator preforms superb as good as any 1.6m dish i doubt if anyone can argue that fact ?
Channel master is quite simply best brand of dish money can buy thats why you never see them being sold anywhere anyone that has one will agree im sure ?
this discussion is interesting but For me Gibertini dish would be great if it wasnt for the wind factor ,
Triax 78cm or 88cm certainly is good in high winds ive seen my triax dishes survive 151kmph winds [ 93.8271 mph ]
if wind wasnt a huge factor i'd prob say Gibertini all day long afterall since its so easily adjusted to quite possible absolute perfection
the real downside is the build is weak in every way and wouldnt last a week where i live ..

digicon
06-04-2013, 01:51 AM
Orbital 1m Dish Gain 10.7 -11.7ghz = 39.8db

Gibertini 1m Dish Gain 10.7 = 39.2db 11.7 = 39.95db 12.75 = 40.70db

Personally in the lower range there is not much in it between both and i dont know the higher end figures for the Orbital but i would assume its not too far behind

And out of curiosity the TD110 Gain at 11.7 - 12.75 = 40.2db so again higher but only marginal

malsat
06-04-2013, 09:31 AM
Never put a Gibby 1.2m on a diseqc motor unless you dont mind changing them every year at nearly 27kg you would be stupid to put one on a Diseqc motor even the CM 1.2m with standard backplate weighs less.

I have had my Gibertini 1.2m on a TM2600 diseqc motor for 3 yrs and never had a problem, no play in the motor and no warping LOL, and im sure I get the same winds as everyone else if not worse as my back garden looks onto open fields.

Bod
06-04-2013, 10:18 AM
some posts have been removed from this thread and some edited due to flaming and going off topic , please keep on topic and lay off the personal attacks

Bod

satwyn
06-04-2013, 10:50 AM
i would say the prodelin 1.2m dish is even better build quality than the channel master i have both here but at the moment i only use the channel master could never find a polar mount for the prodelin dish but it was easy to modify for the channel master polar mount

mdt
06-04-2013, 08:33 PM
I have had my Gibertini 1.2m on a TM2600 diseqc motor for 3 yrs and never had a problem, no play in the motor and no warping LOL, and im sure I get the same winds as everyone else if not worse as my back garden looks onto open fields.

is it ground mounted?, imo up to gibby 1m or td110 is fine on a stab,tm,darkmotor in exposed/over the gutter installations but a gibby 1.25 or andrew 1.25 really needs a 3 inch pole and polar mount actuator due to the shear wieght and wind load factor. i had my gibby 1.25m dish on my stab 120 on a over the gutter t+k arrangment but removed it after 6 months due to it struggling to track due to the wieght. im now running my old td110 on the same bracketry and it tracks fine. if your going to spend the money on a quality dish like a gibertini or andrew then do it justice with a polar mount and actuator. for build quality and lifetime expectancy nothing beats a channel master (although the new gibby 1.25m are excellent imo) and although the dish face and fixed brackets are still available the polar mounts are not although second hand ones come up on **** now and then for bargain prices. the best 1.2m dish ever made is the fibo gregorian , the rolls royce of dishes.regards mdt

Barney
06-04-2013, 10:06 PM
i believe it was mentioned a while back about fibo gregorian dish i even trolled the net trying to find one but no joy ,
have to settle for my 1.2m channel master which is solid dish ground mounted of course and with proper polar mount which i agree is near impossible to find anymore .
Think you hit the nail on the head there mdt think we need more clarity on this thread as i fail to understand or see how a dish of 1.2m can work out unless it is ground mounted i couldnt agree more with this point because if ground mounted then i can imagine wind factor would be nowhere nearly as much of a factor

Triax 1.1m even is a bit much for a disecq motor but since its an offset dish that is about the limit for any wall mounted dish on a disecq motor ,
but saying this ...i did try a Fortec Star offset 1.6m dish on a T & K wall mounted and motor once in the past ..really that didnt last pi$$in time motor gave up inside maybbe a month max and was just incredibly stupid idea first bit of a gale of wind and T & K bracket and a big chunk of the wall collapsed : ) .
that was likely the craziest and stupidest thing ive ever done thinking back on it .

now i got 2meter prime focus solid dish ground mounted on matcing polar mount with actuator arm and a 1.2m andrews offset with the rare matching polar mount ,
1x 88cm triax offset wall mounted on T & K with tmate disecq for past 10 years ..and 78cm Triax offset also on a tmate disecq and T & K on same gavel wall ,
and on my garage wall i got a 78cm triax fixed dish on a T & K [ previously was motorised ] but no longer required so is now fixed .
I Use inverto black ultra lnb's on all my offset dishes and inverto black pro C120 on my prime focus dish .
2x V-boxes in my garage to drive the ground mounted dishes .
only sats i struggle with is 7w and 4w and viasat 5e as i think beam for those dont very well reach Eire tooo well .

hopefully some of this info's might be of little help to OP perhaps .
have a good weekend fellow pimps .: )

-
Barney

TK4|2|1
07-04-2013, 08:16 AM
Hey Barney, I know where there's a Philips Gregorian not being used. Not sure if the guy wants to sell but I can ask if your interested.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

pedigree
07-04-2013, 06:08 PM
Using a fibo gregorian dish for the last 15 years, its hard to beat them.
Pedigree

mikie8
08-04-2013, 11:22 AM
Hey Barney, I know where there's a Philips Gregorian not being used. Not sure if the guy wants to sell but I can ask if your interested.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

if its 1.2M , im always looking to upgrade my 90cm fibo .

i have a 1.2m gibby and its a great dish , solid build quality and easy to adjust .

malsat
09-04-2013, 01:07 PM
is it ground mounted?,

Yes its ground mounted on a 3in pole

ManikM
10-07-2013, 06:40 PM
Thanks all. This thread has been enlightening. Im now starting to doubt upgrading my triax 88cm currently on a moteck sg2100 motor. I was gonna upgrade to a td110 but fear for my brick wall come the high winds of winter. I wish I could adjust it more easily. Bought a black ultra today.

ManikM
15-07-2013, 10:31 AM
whats the diff between the gib 100 cm OPL and the OPX (L range and X range - both aluminuium)

digicon
15-07-2013, 11:38 AM
The X Range are a higher standard again Reflector db measurement gains on both are the same though, the Back AZ/EL mount is now more close to the Gibby 1.2m as well as the LNB Mount being made out of stainless steel so will probably weigh more than the 'L' series

ManikM
15-07-2013, 12:23 PM
thanks digicon - so for a motorised setup such as mine, the L range will be lighter, and better for the motor?

digicon
15-07-2013, 12:49 PM
thanks digicon - so for a motorised setup such as mine, the L range will be lighter, and better for the motor?

Yes the 'L' series is lighter than the 'X' series, Have you also thought about the Orbital Aluminium probably just as light and slightly cheaper and has nigh on identical db Gain properties

ManikM
15-07-2013, 01:54 PM
i have mate, i dont like the idea of a plastic mount assembly...

digicon
15-07-2013, 02:26 PM
i have mate, i dont like the idea of a plastic mount assembly...

I know where your coming from but have put quite a few of these up over the years (Steel Face) and they have stood the test of time no problem, Which ever you choose i am sure you will have no problems

Good Luck

simon 2003
15-07-2013, 06:02 PM
you can still get 90cm fibos if your looking for max performance from a 90 they do punch above there weight ,best dish i ever owned,,the old type go through that a uction site now and again ,but you can get a master focus gregorian type from germany brand new will cost a fair bit though

ManikM
16-07-2013, 01:06 PM
hi guys,

i've bought one! went for the Gibertini OP 100 X range one, 100cm.
_http://www.gibertini.it/product/product_serieX.html

digicon
16-07-2013, 01:22 PM
Nice choice :respect-055:

ManikM
16-07-2013, 01:47 PM
thanks mate!
took me a while...

mikie8
16-07-2013, 05:09 PM
if i never found my fibo 90 , i think i would also go for the gibby 1m .

over 1m is not always practical and the extra weight mean a 36v system in most cases .

if the adjustment is the same as my old gibby , it is solid , easy and accurate to adjust .

good luck .

nml
16-07-2013, 08:13 PM
I have got a 1.5 steel and a 1.25 aluminium Gibertini and an old Funke 1mtr aluminium and I have to say thae I think that the gibertinis are best although not a lot of difference between the 1.5 and 1.25.
I did mount the 1.25 on a darkmotor for a couple o years and I it worked well, but please note that it was ground mounted on a 3" pole in Southern Spain.

The most surprising thing is that the old funke dish is still in perfect condition after approx. 9 years outside in the UK and out performs some Triax 1.1s I have compared locally with a Satcatcher Mk 4 nit meter.

nml

ManikM
16-07-2013, 08:31 PM
Apparently the td110 is 1m anyway and not a 1.1m

skem4
18-07-2013, 05:13 AM
thread closed