PDA

View Full Version : Dual tuners

McrRed
06-04-2013, 05:55 PM
Well ain't I the chump ?

I bought my Solo2 because the idea of using the twin tuners really grabbed me. Don't get me wrong, I love this machine but I'd completely forgotten the polarity issue re the output from a single lnb. Basically, I can't really use the twin tuners because of my single lnb.

If I get a dual output lnb do I need to run another cable to tuner B on the solo2 or can it magically tell the difference between the two outputs ?

(I'm trying to work out the easiest way of getting thing going)

Cheers
McrRed

Sent from my F9S using Tapatalk HD

oldfart
06-04-2013, 06:00 PM
one cable per tuner
get an octo lnb - then you are covered!

echelon
06-04-2013, 06:00 PM
Well ain't I the chump ?

I bought my Solo2 because the idea of using the twin tuners really grabbed me. Don't get me wrong, I love this machine but I'd completely forgotten the polarity issue re the output from a single lnb. Basically, I can't really use the twin tuners because of my single lnb.

If I get a dual output lnb do I need to run another cable to tuner B on the solo2 or can it magically tell the difference between the two outputs ?

(I'm trying to work out the easiest way of getting thing going)

Cheers
McrRed

Sent from my F9S using Tapatalk HD

you need a dual output or preferably a quad output lnb, like for sly plus

then run a second cable from the second output to the second tuner input on the box

so from a sly dish using a sly quad lnb you use a twin cable, known as "shotgun" cable

so just replace the single lnb for a quad, and replace the single cable with a shotgun cable , or add a second cable