--> Can not open viaccess cable CH with specific CAM : Solved
--> RCU key not working on ZDF : Solved
--> Minor bugs fix
--> TV Portal+ : Added
--> VLC Streaming : Added

Please note that Slovak and Czech languages are no longer supported

lil_honda123
15-04-2013, 07:33 PM
thanks - how do you use the VLC Streaming ?

geoffh
15-04-2013, 09:33 PM
If you google it wikiHow explanes all, seems pretty impressive to me but haven't followed it through yet. In fact I haven't loaded the latest Fw yet but will do over the next couple of weeks

lil_honda123
15-04-2013, 09:50 PM
I've had a look however doesn't make to much sense? unless looking at wrong URL - how do I know VLC is started on the icecrypt box?

blakmumba
16-04-2013, 08:07 PM
thanks - how do you use the VLC Streaming ?

As I can't post links, have taken this from the net. ALL credit goes to Nicole Cozma@CNET

Setting up the server:

Step 1: Open VLC and then open the Media menu. Select Stream from the list of options.

Step 2: Click the Add button under the File tab. Browse to the file you'd like to stream. Note that if you wish to stream multiple files in a row, you'll first need to create a playlist file. If this is the case, you'll want to select that playlist here.

Step 3: Press the Stream button in the bottom right-hand corner of the window.

Step 4: In the new window that appears, click the Next button.

Step 5: Open the drop-down menu that is labeled New destination. Select RTP / MPEG Transport Stream from the list and click Add.

Step 6: Now you'll have to enter the local IP address of the device you'd like to allow streaming to. The base port can be left at its default.

Step 7: Uncheck the option labeled Active Transcoding under the Transcoding.

Step 8: Click on the Option label. If you're having trouble seeing this button, it's because it looks more like a heading for a new area than an actual button (a flaw in the VLC UI). Hint: It's near the bottom of the window.

Step 9: Under Miscellaneous Options, check the option labeled Stream all elementary streams and SAP announce. Enter a name for the stream in the text box next to SAP announce and click the Stream button in the bottom right-hand corner.

Setting up the Client

Step 1: Open VLC and click on the Show playlist button. If you don't see this button, you may be running an old copy of VLC.

Step 2: Expand the menu for Local Network and select Network streams (SAP) from the list.

Step 3: The stream you set up will appear in this list under the name given in step 9. Select it and hit play to begin streaming the video.

lil_honda123
20-04-2013, 02:36 PM
thanks for the info. Can get it this to work. I thought the icecrypt was going to be the VLC server and stream the a VLC client - obviously not. not running .49 and its falling apart everywhere... getting a little bit bored. :(