PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with VU+solo2

moatboys
15-04-2013, 06:20 PM
Hello all I have just brought a VU+solo2, been stuck a few times, it came pre flashed with BH I also had to aline my motorized dish, anyway plugged it all in went to 1 west but could not get a sausage so more research, I download a channel list and with dreambox edit sent it to the box and wohoo got a picture locked the dish up all good but now the dish wont move when I select a channel I have it set on tuner A usals and tuner B equal to A. it will move on satfinder but not when I change channel.... ? also need some help with the next step how to get and set up ccam or do I use mgmcamd,oscam a mate has given me a line............. any help would be gratefully received:o15:

McrRed
16-04-2013, 06:28 AM
There are better on here than me but you don't say whether you have single lnb. Try "tuner B = 2nd cable of tuner A". Worked for me :-)

Sent from my F9S using Tapatalk HD

donki
16-04-2013, 10:10 AM
You are not specific enough about your set up but here are some options to consider based on the assumption you motor and dish are up and aligned correctly which I assume is correct as you report you were able to get some life on 1 West.

Check that your motor settings are set correctly. If using USALS, that you have input your Long/Lat. If not then you will need to manually set each satellite you want and store it before you can automatically move between Sat's.

Again of using USALS a goto 0 recalibration may also be worth a shot. This is on the assumption however, that the system has been setup correctly and was moving before in the first place. If not you may need to revisit your setup and ensure it is correct.

Details on this subject have been posted to this forum and all over the net many times and are easily searchable.

Checkout here also. (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?161377-Motorised)

EMU: Unless you intended running a Server stick with CCC@M, it's the most versatile, fastest & simplest to install and get going. v2.3 is the most current but make sure you only get it via the download manager for your image or TSPANEL. Again, how to do any of this has been widely circulated. There are even video's posted on YT. :)

moatboy
16-04-2013, 10:06 PM
You are not specific enough about your set up but here are some options to consider based on the assumption you motor and dish are up and aligned correctly which I assume is correct as you report you were able to get some life on 1 West.

Check that your motor settings are set correctly. If using USALS, that you have input your Long/Lat. If not then you will need to manually set each satellite you want and store it before you can automatically move between Sat's.

Again of using USALS a goto 0 recalibration may also be worth a shot. This is on the assumption however, that the system has been setup correctly and was moving before in the first place. If not you may need to revisit your setup and ensure it is correct.

Details on this subject have been posted to this forum and all over the net many times and are easily searchable.

Checkout here also. (https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?161377-Motorised)

EMU: Unless you intended running a Server stick with CCC@M, it's the most versatile, fastest & simplest to install and get going. v2.3 is the most current but make sure you only get it via the download manager for your image or TSPANEL. Again, how to do any of this has been widely circulated. There are even video's posted on YT. :)

Thanks for the help is a bit more info on my set up
1. its on a t@k bracket+pole installed by my good self...
2.1 meter dish Trac and the motor is a motech 2100
3. i think its the latest BH the box came pre flashed
4. i live in the u.k.
5. my post code is L****U and at dish pointer i get lat 52.6733 and long -1.1948 and as the long is a minus i have read that i have to subtact it from 360.00 so what i put in for long was 358.805 west and lat 052.673 north
6. looks like where i am i have a good foot print but the fact the dish wont move when i change chan is ****ing me off cause i dont know why, but if i go in to sat finder in the menu the dish moves to what ever sat that i select ..........

DCG
16-04-2013, 10:13 PM
lat should be

long 1.194 west

McrRed
17-04-2013, 01:56 AM
lat should be

long 1.194 west

Yeah, on the solo2 you can press the side arrow (left/right) to change "east" to "west"