PDA

View Full Version : Help setting up a S4000

number7
15-04-2013, 09:17 PM
Hi,

I hope you can help me. Ive been looking around and have got quite confused of where to start.

I have a clean S4000 box which I want to setup. I have read the tutorials but I am lost straight away :willy_nilly:

I see the firmwares out of date or glitchy so there something called the Octagon firmware but this requires a bootloader v1.54 - Where can I get this and what do I do...

You've probably guessed that Im a noob and am looking for a guide from the begining.

Can anyone help out?

Thanks in advance.

echelon
15-04-2013, 10:01 PM
1) which bootloader is on the box now ?

2) which firmware is on the box now ?

number7
15-04-2013, 10:21 PM
Thanks for responding mate.

Loader (i assume thats bootloader) version L 1.21
Then there's application version FS v1.10.67

echelon
15-04-2013, 10:25 PM
check the details in here

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?121122-S4000HDPVR-How-To

and here

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?149262-New-Bootloader-for-the-Icecrypt-S4000

its just a case of reading through the icecrypt forums and finding what you need, reading sticky threads and tutorials etc

number7
15-04-2013, 10:34 PM
So I don't need t run the Octagon stuff. I should just follow those steps?

But ive read somewhere that the latest S4000 freezes a lot and people have loaded this Octagon firmware on.

Sorry if I'm asking silly questions and thank you for your help.

echelon
15-04-2013, 11:20 PM
my thoughts are already expressed in the other threads so I am not repeating myself
its not a silly question, it just proves you havent read all the info in this forum yet
you have the choice to do as you please, so do one or the other same as I did

number7
16-04-2013, 10:44 PM
Im sorry but im stuck.

I get the message to download and install the bootloader which i do i then im stuck on installing the twin tuner?

How do I install the twin tuner program/firmware. it's on the usb stick but nothing happens.

EDIT - got the installer to appear

echelon
16-04-2013, 11:09 PM
Im sorry but im stuck.

I get the message to download and install the bootloader which i do i then im stuck on installing the twin tuner?

How do I install the twin tuner program/firmware. it's on the usb stick but nothing happens.

EDIT - got the installer to appear

use the left/right buttons to change your options

number7
17-04-2013, 10:40 PM
Echelon, thanks for your help. I've got ioctagon on there now.
Do I need to do this E2 stuff now or is it good to go?

echelon
17-04-2013, 11:14 PM
good to go as it is, although you can try e2 on usb stick if you wish

I had a few problems in e2 and have e2 boxes so left my s4000 on octagon

blakmumba
17-04-2013, 11:18 PM
Your good to go mate. E2 is a third party software which runs differently to the stock firmware. Has features such as picons etc.
Read echelon's & fatboy's posts on their views regarding e2.

Echelon gave the best advice...

it just proves you havent read all the info in this forum yet
you have the choice to do as you please, so do one or the other same as I did

number7
17-04-2013, 11:27 PM
ok thanks guys. I know but there's so much to read and it was quite confusing what to do and i didn't want to "brick" it. so apologies for asking questions that seem pretty straigtforward.

Thanks for your help.

mackowiakp
18-04-2013, 06:37 AM

Hello number7. What kind.version of EMU You are using on ICECRYPT->Octagon box? I have a problem with with simultaneous watching and recording using EMU. Do You have similar problem?

number7
18-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Hello number7. What kind.version of EMU You are using on ICECRYPT->Octagon box? I have a problem with with simultaneous watching and recording using EMU. Do You have similar problem?

Hi, I have just managed to get Octagon on an Icecrypt box so i haven't strted watcing anything as yet. When Ive finished i'll coe back to you. Sorry.

There are so many so i'm going to have a look around to find out which is better.

fatboy7
18-04-2013, 10:43 PM

I use Jaap's (many thanks), Oscam in Stock or E2, both work spot on, I've updated the oscam emu to later and latest versions, but with same result.

Oscam is one of the better emu for sustained support, and reliability (when you get your head round it).

blakmumba
19-04-2013, 02:23 AM
I use Jaap's (many thanks), Oscam in Stock or E2, both work spot on, I've updated the oscam emu to later and latest versions, but with same result.

Oscam is one of the better emu for sustained support, and reliability (when you get your head round it).
Does it still have the bug of only recording 1 channel at a time? & does it work with the latest (well dated) icecrypt firmware (1.11.30).

JaapS
19-04-2013, 10:36 AM
oscam never had a bug of recording one channel, I know that Icecrypt 1.11.16 had a STAPI bug that let oscam only decode one channel but that was not related to oscam.
The firmware should create in /tmp:
pmt1_1.tmp
pmt1_2.tmp
pmt1_3.tmp
For tuner 1 (this is on demand)
pmt2_1.tmp
pmt2_2.tmp
pmt2_3.tmp
For tuner 2
pmt3_1.tmp
When watching timeshift.
If those files are created oscam does it's job...

blakmumba
19-04-2013, 02:35 PM
oscam never had a bug of recording one channel, I know that Icecrypt 1.11.16 had a STAPI bug that let oscam only decode one channel but that was not related to oscam.
Sorry mate, my mistake. Had it confused with mgcamd as we both discussed regarding that very issue on a different thread.

The firmware should create in /tmp:
pmt1_1.tmp
pmt1_2.tmp
pmt1_3.tmp
For tuner 1 (this is on demand)
pmt2_1.tmp
pmt2_2.tmp
pmt2_3.tmp
For tuner 2
pmt3_1.tmp
When watching timeshift.

Are these files automatically created or do I have to create them? Haven't checked in a long long time so may just take the ice out from hiding to investigate & do you have an updated oscam plugin on satpimps?
Tnx

Sent from my iPhone

JaapS
19-04-2013, 06:13 PM
The files are created on demand by the firmware, you can monitor the contents of /tmp via ftp or telnet, the easyest to check if it is working correctly is pausing and then resume after a couple of minutes, if the pmt3_1.tmp is created the firmware works as it should.
The last oscam in the plugin section should work fine, there have been some minor changes but not big enough to decide to pack a newer version...

I can view crypted HD/SD channels fine, trough internal card reader(s) and via external reader all is working very well.
I did have some freezes with skyUK but it seemed to be my friend who had a bad cccam server, he now is using oscam and I have glitch free skyUK. (minor things related to firmware not taken into account, I don't need EPG)
However I have no clue if your sky card is working in the internal reader but I presume that wont be an issue. (unless your card is updated, have been reading that sky is linking cards to box-id's for HD so that would mean the end for me since as a continental resident I can't buy a sky card and have to get keys the illegal way)

echelon
19-04-2013, 07:03 PM

any chance of publishing the files and examples ?

like I asked in this thread https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?152296-oscam-for-S4000

we could do with an updated version with examples for uk channels and uk users ;)

blakmumba
20-04-2013, 12:34 AM
any chance of publishing the files and examples ?

like I asked in this thread https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?152296-oscam-for-S4000

we could do with an updated version with examples for uk channels and uk users ;)
Same here. Would be greatly appreciated.

JaapS
20-04-2013, 05:33 AM
There is an example sky cccam config in oscam.server, you can copy that settings regarding caid and ident to the canal digital cardreader example. If I understood correctly boxkey is not needed but maybe you have to play with:
mhz = 500
cardmhz = 375
settings to get it running...

mackowiakp
22-04-2013, 04:06 PM
OK, JaapS. But oscam works form me on S4000->Octagon box in client-only mode. I have oscam server based on x86_64 Linux, because of may reasons. The problem I have is that oscam/cccam client does not start automatically for second tuner (simultaneous watching and recording two different channels). The workaround is to turn S4000/Ocatgon to the channel I want to record, at the time when recording begins. If recording stars, I can watch another channel and both tuner "ask" my server about necessary keys.
It is possible ofcoure, that i use wrong version of oscam on Octasoft. If so - correkt me and tell which version is correct for Octasoft.
My version is: redcam (not oscam) OCTAGON 1.20-unstable_svn build #0. A little bit strange ver info - I know.

JaapS
22-04-2013, 04:49 PM
Don't ask me about Redcam, Dotcam, Sh*tcam or whatever.

The oscam plugin I posted in the plugin section works with default config for Dutch and Flemish cards, only have to modify reader for skyUK card, nothing more to it.
I used it on Octagon, Icecrypt, Atevio and Openbox firmwares all working very well and if I have to believe the die hards on E2 also.
The plugin contains the config I use(d) so it works out of the box, viewing, recording 2 channels and time shift without problems... (related to oscam ;-)