PDA

View Full Version : tm600 receiver

ajp
19-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Hi all I have ordered a tm600 which comes today. After looking at the spec there is no cam slot, so how will I be able to watch scrambled channels. I have had the motor and dish put up and went to use the tm5500ci and everytime it finds a sat and I store it,it seems to move to another satellite eg 28.2east and yet if I use the tm 5500d that has no cam it finds sats and will stay on the one stored. What is a good receiver that is easy to use, as I am used to the manhattan that runs 36 volt positioner.

Hope someone can give me some good advice as I feel am spending money on receivers that wont do what I want it do.

thanks

andrew

echelon
19-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Hi all I have ordered a tm600 which comes today. After looking at the spec there is no cam slot, so how will I be able to watch scrambled channels. I have had the motor and dish put up and went to use the tm5500ci and everytime it finds a sat and I store it,it seems to move to another satellite eg 28.2east and yet if I use the tm 5500d that has no cam it finds sats and will stay on the one stored. What is a good receiver that is easy to use, as I am used to the manhattan that runs 36 volt positioner.

Hope someone can give me some good advice as I feel am spending money on receivers that wont do what I want it do.

thanks

andrew

this box is similar to the dreambox 500s SD receiver so uses similar firmware and channel lists I believe

you wont get much support for it as its all "old hat" now, and generally speaking all boxes are diseqc so you may need a vbox if you scrap your 36 volt boxes in order to move your motor/actuator/dish

have a look at goldwafers website and think about buying a vu HD box if you wish to get into linux boxes

you are probably wasting your time with any old cams anyway, I havent used a cam for several years now