PDA

View Full Version : Add on suddenly not working

beamobhoy
01-05-2013, 10:31 AM
Hi there, my "add on" 8281 has just suddenly given up the ghost for some reason. Tried a different wireless bridge and still doesn't work. It is connecting as it shows up the ip addresses etc and 8281 shows connected. The sealion is working on another receiver so that's not the issue. Tried full reflash using the Holmroad guidelines - still nothing. Any other ideas?

PS - I am using latest 752 patches (official then phantom).

joany
01-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Hi there, my "add on" 8281 has just suddenly given up the ghost for some reason. Tried a different wireless bridge and still doesn't work. It is connecting as it shows up the ip addresses etc and 8281 shows connected. The sealion is working on another receiver so that's not the issue. Tried full reflash using the Holmroad guidelines - still nothing. Any other ideas?

PS - I am using latest 752 patches (official then phantom).

What is not working anymore? You say that the 8281 menus says you are connected so that means the network connection is fine. Maybe some of the services have been pulled or maybe a different protocol is being used at the far end.

beamobhoy
01-05-2013, 02:02 PM
thanks - will have to check at "the other end" !

beamobhoy
01-05-2013, 02:12 PM
having a relook at this, going into the ip settings dhcp shows the correct information for about 5 seconds then goes to 000.000.000.000 on all, so it looks like a box issue coz if I type it all in manually dhcp off - still doesn't work.

joany
01-05-2013, 03:56 PM
having a relook at this, going into the ip settings dhcp shows the correct information for about 5 seconds then goes to 000.000.000.000 on all, so it looks like a box issue coz if I type it all in manually dhcp off - still doesn't work.

when you have put a static ip address in, check the gateway setting is correct (should be your router ip address) and then see if you can ping the box from another computer on your network.

beamobhoy
01-05-2013, 06:33 PM
short answer is no!

joany
01-05-2013, 09:24 PM
short answer is no!
so its a network issue then. if possible connect your box to the network via a network cable.if this works then you know that its the wireless which is problematic