PDA

View Full Version : cheap eReader "nook" - £29.99 - Sainsburies, Argos, PC World\Currys

ManikM
02-05-2013, 12:14 PM
great little eReader, got WIFI and 256Mb (enough for books @ 90kb a time on average)

cant go wrong.

echelon
03-05-2013, 06:45 PM
just got an email from c*rrys and it says its £29 and 2 gig memory
well worth the money !!

Product details

Read in style wherever you are with the lightweight and user-friendly NOOK® Simple Touch eReader.

Easy reading

Thanks to the 6" E Ink® display you can read your favourite books easily wherever you are, even in bright sunshine. Thanks to the Best-Text Technology™ this eReader delivers sharp, easy-on-the-eye text to make reading as relaxing as ever.

The NOOK® Simple Touch has a touchscreen for easy use, so you can easily open your book, organise your library and look for new books, as well as make text bigger or change the font to suit your preferences.

This smart eReader lets you flip through your lists of books and turn pages with speed so you can choose from your favourites and be lost in the story in no time.

Browse the NOOK® Store

You've got access to over 2.5 million titles in the Nook® Store, so you'll never run out of things to read. You can choose from books, magazines and newspapers, some of which you can try for free.

As if this wasn't enough, you can also borrow public library books when they're in the universal ePub format, providing you with more literary options.

All you need to do to access your books is to connect using the WiFi connection.

Long battery life

The NOOK® SimpleTouch boasts enough battery life to allow you to read for half an hour every day for 2 months before you need to recharge. For the avid reader, it's simple to recharge your eReader from your PC in only 3.5 hours.

Weighing only 212 grams, the NOOK® Simple Touch eReader is perfectly designed to come everywhere with you.

isplay Display technology E Ink®
Display size 6"
Display resolution 800 x 600
Levels of grey 16 level greyscale
Memory & Connectivity Built-in memory 2GB - holds up to 1,000 eBooks (1GB for content; 750MB reserved for NOOK content)
**1GB = 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity may be less.
Memory card slot Expandable microSD™ card up to 32GB (sold separately)
Wireless connectivity WiFi
Content Internet downloads Access to the NOOK Store - with over 2.5 million digital books, magazines, newspapers & apps
Electronic book formats ePub, PDF
(Note ePub contains Reader® Mobile technology by Adobe Systems Incorporated)
General information Battery Installed Rechargeable Battery
Charge via USB to a computer (Charging time: approximately 3 1/2 hours from computer) or from a wall outlet using a power adapter (sold separately)
Over 2 months with wireless off based on a half hour of daily reading.
(Battery life depends on device settings, individual usage, and many other factors. Battery tests are conducted using specific units; actual results may vary).
Accessories included microUSB cable
Quick Start Guide
Dimensions 165.4 x 126.6 x 12 mm
Weight 212 g

ManikM
03-05-2013, 07:00 PM
im looking at my NOOK now and available storage is 236Mb of 236Mb but ive downloaded 6 books...weird

whatever, its amazing value, im not a massive reader, but at this price, its defo worth it. will be good for holidays and long trips \ commutes

echelon
04-05-2013, 08:58 PM
cant understand that considering the adverts all say different

just looked at asda direct online and they have the nook at £29 too

echelon
14-05-2013, 05:32 PM
im looking at my NOOK now and available storage is 236Mb of 236Mb but ive downloaded 6 books...weird

whatever, its amazing value, im not a massive reader, but at this price, its defo worth it. will be good for holidays and long trips \ commutes

found this site that explains where all the space went ;)

_http://www.typographicalera.com/5-mildly-annoying-things-about-the-new-nook-simple-touch-reader/

huddleston
14-05-2013, 06:19 PM
wish i could buy 1 everywhere out of stock :frown:

echelon
14-05-2013, 06:33 PM
c*rry`s are expecting new stock as mine were ordered 10 days ago and should come this week
I chased them up and was told the above yesterday

huddleston
14-05-2013, 06:41 PM
c*rry`s are expecting new stock as mine were ordered 10 days ago and should come this week
|'
i e mailed argos so thay could e mail me when thay got stock back in i got e mail today @ 1.20pm and @ 1.25pm out of stock
but thanks will try currys

echelon
07-06-2013, 10:55 PM

there was a massive delay on these items but I finally got my order for two fulfilled as they both came today, they are the nook 2 simple touch 6 inch readers

they are 2 gig but only have 0.25 gig available to the end user/owner so I have placed two old 2 gig micro sd cards in them (one in each) and copied the epubs over to the sd cards to leave the internal memory free , as 2 gig is ample space for books

you have to register with barnes and noble but I already have a nook hd+ registered so I used the same existing login for these ereaders

after you have logged in your home wifi and the b+n login they are good to go, and work fine using epubs

well worth the money at £29 each with free delivery, despite the long wait !!

I doubt they will be this price at the moment though, but if anyone still has them on back order they should turn up soon

otherwise they are £41.38 on the usual @uction site