PDA

View Full Version : dcc connection issue on solo2

cooler48
15-05-2013, 12:38 PM
hi guys!

just got my solo 2 . i can connect via dcc but there is nothing on the left side of dcc

th ip on dcc is different from the one scanned on the box

can't ftp ccam etc.....

any help please

echelon
15-05-2013, 02:55 PM
make sure the dcc has been setup with the correct tick boxes to include the router so that it connects via the router
your admin panel in the router will tell you the correct lan ip address of the vu
I always fix the box ip address instead of dhcp, check its seen by the router and then try ftp programs last

tick the router tick box in connection type , also tick image in the flash and ftp keep alive

the left side of dcc-E2-r150 shows the pc or laptop ip address, middle one is the sat box ip address and the right hand side one is the router and its ip server host address

or try Vucc instead

cooler48
17-05-2013, 08:00 AM
thanks bro i did everything but can't connect
the network is ok when i scan the ip on the box i find it
i sometimes get telnet connected but the login is incorrect( root-dreambox or blank)
the problem is that the ip of the box is not detected by dcc .it detects the modem ip
when i search box ip with dcc it gives me just one ip 192.168.1.1 !!!!!

here are some images of the situation

_http://www.sendspace.com/file/sj4fqs

_http://www.sendspace.com/file/t0shu7

_http://www.sendspace.com/file/qobw88

_http://www.sendspace.com/file/8lgiwv

note image is blackhole 2.03 hyper and with 2.0.0 the same issue

thanks a lot for your patience and help

echelon
17-05-2013, 08:29 AM
you should not be using a modem , you should be using a router

what is the make and model of this router ?

chances are the router host ip address is 192.168.1.1 from your info
so your pc or laptop should be on something like 192.168.1.2

and the solo2 networking after setup should show something like 192.168.1.10 if you fix it manually on ip 10 (dhcp off) and do a network test

looking at your pictures, number 4 has the router box ticked correctly and the pc on the left shows 192.168.1.2 but the router isnt showing a valid ip address and has xx according to picture 5 , so you dont appear to have connected to the router in the middle never mind the solo2 on the right, which also shows xx instead of a number as well !

you need to ensure the ethernet cables are ok from the pc to the router, and from the router to the solo2; you also need to ensure these cables are standard straight wired ethernet cables and not crossover ethernet cables

then you need to login to the router admin panel from your browser and check that the pc is using ip 2 (192.168.1.2) and is connected ok

then fix the solo2 to 192.168.1.10 (ip 10) and do a network test to ensure it has been given ip 10 by the router, check this is also true in the router admin panel in your browser

once your devices are all on the same network, same ip addressing system and all seen by the router you will get green lines all the way through (you have a red line at the moment where the router connection is , and you have xx in the ip address of this router but it should show a 1 as in 192.168.1.1) xxx should not be showing anywhere on this network plan

until you get all green when you "cherche" then you wont get anywhere as you have no valid lan network running

your first 2 pictures are incorrect as you hadnt ticked the router box (pictures 2 and 3)

cooler48
17-05-2013, 10:16 AM
really sorry fr bothering you man
i put ip on the box :192.168.1.10
scanned it with vu and confirmedit as 192.1.68.1.10
but when i put in on dcc ,it is not recognized and asks me to chech my ip weird !!!

what's driving me crazy is that when i look for an ip with dcc ,i t always gives me the gateway 192.168.1.1

once again really sorry bro

note:1- the network is ok cause i can download plugins youtube etc....

2- on the router interface a just have the pc ip !!

3- i use a modem zte 831 as a router

Burnham
17-05-2013, 12:29 PM
Try 192.168.1.10

192.1.68.1.10 is not a valid IP.

Then post again if still stuck.

echelon
17-05-2013, 01:14 PM
seems to me that you need to add a router in order to get this working properly

buy a router with a WAN connection (as used on cable modems) for use with your existing modem, not an adsl router, or swap for a suitable adsl router with built in adsl modem and do not use the existing modem

here is some info about your MODEM

_http://www.mydigitallife.info/zte-zxdsl-831-adsl-modem-default-factory-password/

YOU HAVE ALREADY BEEN TOLD MANY TIMES YOU NEED A ROUTER, CLEARLY YOU ARE NOT TAKING ANY NOTICE OF THIS CRUCIAL REQUIREMENT

cooler48
17-05-2013, 04:36 PM
HI GUYS!!
WHAT CAN I SAY THANKS A MILLION FOR YOUR HELP. IT'S WORKING PERFECTLY

I MANGED TO GET A SWITCH AND FINIHSED THE SET UP EVERY THING IS OK

CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH YOU really SAVED ME AND MY WEK END

ONE MORE THING / THE FRENCH CHNNELS AREN'T WORKING

I USED DREAMBOXEDIT TO DELTE CHANNELS BUT THEY REAPPEAR ON THE BOX .ANY IDEA

echelon
17-05-2013, 05:04 PM
no idea on your last two issues, but glad you sorted out the networking

I would think you may need to run mgcamd (or cccam) and the softcam file in order to get some channels working