PDA

View Full Version : Card stopped working

trucker30
20-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Team I have a VU+duo with Sky card in for my own use with the latest Vix image, I put the sky card back into the original sky HD box to update entitlements and now it dose not work in Vu+, Original HD sky box serial number has changed and now has a D added to the end make it 11 digits not 10, so I think it may be a problem to do with the boxkey in cccam config file now not being recognised

I have heard that sky have stopped sending out entitlements over the air unless you send them the information they are asking for and that needs to be a up to date sky box showing the D in the serial no and version no etc so every one will come to this point sooner or later ???

Has any one managed to work around the problem yet as there will be a lot of useless boxes soon?

Big thanks to the team for all there hard work and support.

kegnkiwi
21-05-2013, 08:08 AM
There is no work around at present this is skys attempt to halt sharing. I think I have read that the odd person has used skys online pairing system and registered their card again but with an old sd thompson box and got some channels back, other than that I think its leave your card in your original box.

donki
21-05-2013, 09:38 AM
If the implementation in OZ is anything to go by, a workaround is pretty unlikely any time soon. :( There appears now to be 2 encryption systems applied by a particular provider. Oh woe is us.

It's no real surprise if you think about it. I am just surprised it took so long given the perpetual mass exodus of subscribers to pirate pay servers.

Bottoms. Time to die.