PDA

View Full Version : Channel master mount modified for inclined sats.

cosworth4x4
25-05-2013, 07:34 PM
been messing about with my mount last few weeks , finally got it set up and working perfect , using 2 v boxes and 2 actuators.

few pictures and a 2 vids , pic quality not the best on the vids as taken with a digital camera.

cosworth4x4
25-05-2013, 07:36 PM
2nd vid.

Mickha
25-05-2013, 08:51 PM
Nice set up.
Is that a Channel Master 1.2M dish?
I saw a new SMR-1224EL, on that site, a couple of weeks ago, it was posted on a forum, and it went very cheaply, unfortunately, by the time I saw it, when I got home from work, it had already sold.

cosworth4x4
25-05-2013, 08:56 PM
yeah a 1.2 cm.

Barney
25-05-2013, 11:25 PM
Exactly same Channel master dish as mine ..only mine is ground mounted and i see you have 32" Heavy actuator maybbe slight overkill ?? but since its wall mounted above spouting then perhaps this is not a bad idea ..thats a real Beast of a pole you got there aswell cosworth m8 ,lol !!
very nice pics ..i too have 2 v-boxes aswell one for my 2m prime focus and other for my 1.2m channel master offset dish ,
i would appreciate if you can drop me a pm msg where you got that vertical Actuator arm i need one of those it looks a genuine superjack too ?
those are pretty scarce these days .
congrats on getting it on the arc i rarely struggle with feeds and get nice arc or 42e to 30w aswell ,
cheers .
-
Barney

Mickha
26-05-2013, 11:32 AM
That Supermount Jaeger SMR 1224 EL motor went for just over £100, even with 40Euros postage, from Germany, it would have been a great purchase. E**y item 321122443063

simon 2003
26-05-2013, 01:29 PM
very nice mate ,

cosworth4x4
26-05-2013, 05:48 PM
Exactly same Channel master dish as mine ..only mine is ground mounted and i see you have 32" Heavy actuator maybbe slight overkill ?? but since its wall mounted above spouting then perhaps this is not a bad idea ..thats a real Beast of a pole you got there aswell cosworth m8 ,lol !!
very nice pics ..i too have 2 v-boxes aswell one for my 2m prime focus and other for my 1.2m channel master offset dish ,
i would appreciate if you can drop me a pm msg where you got that vertical Actuator arm i need one of those it looks a genuine superjack too ?
those are pretty scarce these days .
congrats on getting it on the arc i rarely struggle with feeds and get nice arc or 42e to 30w aswell ,
cheers .
-
Barney

its a 24 inch hd , the vertical a 12 inch both genuine superjacks .
was originally a 18 inch it lasted about 15 years still works but has a bit of play in it , so when i had the cash back last year i replaced it went for the heavy duty one hoping it would last even longer ,and it failed within 3 months :001_07: but was instanly replaced .
ill pm you the company.

cosworth4x4
26-05-2013, 05:49 PM
That Supermount Jaeger SMR 1224 EL motor went for just over £100, even with 40Euros postage, from Germany, it would have been a great purchase. E**y item 321122443063

that was a good price id have gone for it if i had seen that.

CokeAddict
26-05-2013, 05:51 PM
that was a good price id have gone for it if i had seen that.

You would have been outbid ;) lol

cosworth4x4
26-05-2013, 05:56 PM
:D:D:D

smileys dont seem to work with out any text.

Barney
26-05-2013, 06:51 PM
i woulda been a bidder for sure if it was a genuine Jaeger i'd have been happy enuff to pay double that bid plus i have a good m8 in Germany he woulda posted it on to me without any postage fee .
i have a week off next week bank holiday so i gonna order that arm you suggested as ive been looking at it for a while already anyhow cosworth m8 ,
hope to get some clear weather to get it fitted ,
cheers .
-
Barney

simon 2003
26-05-2013, 07:00 PM
8 and 10 inch actuators seem easy enough to find with google mate

cosworth4x4
26-05-2013, 07:14 PM
i originaly bought a 8 inch to use as the second actuator , but they use the smaller m8 fixing bolts it really did not look upto the job.

if you plan to do it and have the room goto the 12 inch purely for the extra strength.

TK4|2|1
26-05-2013, 09:43 PM
I remember doing something similar years back for the language department at a university. They were trying to track a Russian Cband satellite that seemed to fly in a big figure 8.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

cosworth4x4
26-05-2013, 09:52 PM
c band will be my next project .

catseye
26-05-2013, 10:05 PM
What sats can you get with the adjustments??

If i mess with mine i can get 53 east

Any luck with 68.5 east & 36 east (the south african package)

Cheers

cosworth4x4
26-05-2013, 10:58 PM
ive only got it working yesterday so no real chance to try out the sats yet, 2 or 3 i got from lyngsat were not in my channel list so i moved on to get it working fully with 2 v-boxes.

im blocked by roof from 39 east.

ill check 36 east tomorrow do you have a freq that is on a inclined sat ?

satwyn
27-05-2013, 09:08 AM
have picked up 68e with andrews 1.2m in KU with no second actuator for inclined orbit this was 2 years ago don't bother much these days just to add a small diseqc actuator arm is available that could be used for inclined orbit sats then no need for v box if using a 36v compatable receiver

satwyn
27-05-2013, 09:16 AM
with c band a prime focus dish would be best but offset can be used have looked at c band in the past with 1.8m dish also now the new KA band for some channels on 9e the irish package fta even the big dishes will not help with these very tight spot beams because the same frequency is used in more than 1 location for 9e rte freqency 20.185R i have a spare ka band lnb here if anyone wants to give it a go

tr8.
27-05-2013, 09:28 AM
Hope there is some serious fixing into the wall both my channel masters are ground mounted ( 1.2 / 1.8) they have been through a few gales but I can say the windage is massive in a gale, add that the heavy beast the dish is. WOW.
I use traffic light poles back filled inside with concrete to keep them from bending.
Then over a ton of concrete in each mount in the ground with spreader bars welded about 5' down.

If you are happy its set true south drill straight through the mount and pole then tap it and put a bolt in will stop any chance of it turning in the stronger winds.

catseye
27-05-2013, 12:09 PM
68.5 East seems to be the hot slot for all the 'religious' channels aimed at the south african market

If i get chance I might adjust the limits on my mount & try picking this up whilst weather is good

Not that im into that stuff but enjoy the thrill of picking up some new stuff previously out of reach

cosworth4x4
27-05-2013, 07:54 PM
with c band a prime focus dish would be best but offset can be used have looked at c band in the past with 1.8m dish also now the new KA band for some channels on 9e the irish package fta even the big dishes will not help with these very tight spot beams because the same frequency is used in more than 1 location for 9e rte freqency 20.185R i have a spare ka band lnb here if anyone wants to give it a go

it will be c band on the 1.2 so could well be a bit of a impossibility , but its something to play with .
i managed to get the ka band irish channels last year .

cosworth4x4
27-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Hope there is some serious fixing into the wall both my channel masters are ground mounted ( 1.2 / 1.8) they have been through a few gales but I can say the windage is massive in a gale, add that the heavy beast the dish is. WOW.
I use traffic light poles back filled inside with concrete to keep them from bending.
Then over a ton of concrete in each mount in the ground with spreader bars welded about 5' down.

If you are happy its set true south drill straight through the mount and pole then tap it and put a bolt in will stop any chance of it turning in the stronger winds.

its well fixed that pole goes down to just below the back door and has 3 wall fixings , im not far from the coast and quite often get winds close to 100mph here ,its be up now easily 15 years and never moved on the mount, 39 east is as far as i can go as the main roof of next door blocks anything further east , i lifted the pole up last year about 12 inches hoping to get more easterly sats but no luck.
and had hell of a job to free it off to realign on the pole.