PDA

View Full Version : Advice on motorised setup & LNB's

ironman
06-06-2013, 01:07 PM
When I got my solo2 it was connected to my motorised dish on input one. Later I connected my static sky dish to input two in order to feed the second tuner to enable dual recordings etc, this via my Humax Fox sat on pass through ie when stb is switched OFF. About a month ago the signal started to deteriorate on the recordings, I put this down to an old dish and LNB. So I bought a new dish and a quad LNB, it worked for about a month or so and then the signal started to fade again and picture became very blocky. I changed the cable and bought a sat finder meter to make sure everything was spot on, it was. So I contacted the company who supplied the dish and LNB and they said my configuration was incorrect and two different LNB's should not feed one STB. Is this correct? I thought the solo2 with its dual tuners would not be affected by this issue. Oh by the way if I connect new shotgun cable to the solo, it works and if I connect my old cable and one leg of the shotgun cable it works. So original cable is O.K. Must be the LNB surely??? Is there a fault with the way I have set things up???
Any advice greatly appreciated. :svengo:

ironman
10-06-2013, 10:00 AM
Got it sorted so please close thread.