PDA

View Full Version : Solo2 and MGcamd 1.38c

bpodnar
07-06-2013, 04:55 PM
Hi! I have solo2 box for a 2 months now and tried several different images like Vti, BH, openPli. My problem is that sometimes I have to restart MGcamd to get channel working. Sometimes it works well, zapping is instant but often I get a black screen and then going to menu and start cam again. I was using CCcam earlier but there was a problem with server so I found other CS provider. My CS provider says that his server works like a charm with dreambox dm500 hd clone. I'm using BH 2.0.3 hyperspace now. What can be the cause of that problem?

PS. I looked in mg_cfg file and there was B:{ 06 } under box type. Someone told me that if there's B:{ 00 } it has to be changed to 06 but 06 it was. I tried to put 00 but then I couldnt watch anything.

donki
07-06-2013, 05:38 PM
No idea what a ** provider is but I'll ASSume it's the friend on foreign shores you exchanges shares with :)

If restarting a CAM clears the channel then it is unlikely to be a "provider" fault

You should not need to mess with your cfg file to that level to get things working. They either work or they don't.

I'd be sorely tempted to just go back to using ccc@m coz your having to restart the cam is not really proof of anything. This happens to me sometimes on certain channels during zapping. I found that zapping between particular channels can cause this odd effect. I also found that moving to a different channel and then back again fixed it for me. Indeed I got so pedantic about it that I rearranged my channel lists.

If you really want to use a particular EMU then why not try a different version to see if that helps.

Other things that come to mind are network congestion (your or the other end), low resource availability (but surely not on a Solo2) or maybe restart of STB required. Hard to be definitive as it appears not to be a constant issue not restricted to a particular image. Restarting the EMU could actually be a total red herring because during the time it is restarting the actually cause may have cleared itself, eg a longer than accustomed ECM access request time and there is very little one can do about things of that nature.

Maybe a clue or two in there among all my baloney. Good luck :)

The Solo2 sure kicks ass don't it? :)

sonic1
07-06-2013, 08:15 PM
Have you setup any logging ?

bpodnar
08-06-2013, 02:25 PM
I've changed the mg_cfg file by instructions from this forum. I changed certain parameters and now it's like this G:{ 01 } P:{ 00 } B:{ 06 } R: { 00 }. I've noticed immediately that zapping is faster nad no need to activate emulator all over again even if I change the channel on different satellite which was the case earlier. I hope that I solved the problem. I'll see in few days.