PDA

View Full Version : Wifi on 6000 H D

Knacker
26-06-2013, 09:00 PM
Hi,I have a 6000 H D and the wifi does not work,I have eliminated the usual culprits ie broadband,modem,wiring and all devices that are separating,filtering and redirecting phone and Broadband signals from access point of phone into house to Spiderbox 6000,this may be a problem particular to me or may be a difficulty with several,other than this wifi difficulty it seems a good cheap little box and good value for money to anyone getting started in our hobby of getting education from the skies,regards Knacker

blackdevil
26-06-2013, 09:51 PM
Go Menu - Network Settings , change to Wireless ,select your provider and press blue button-connect .
Give your password and you will see true .
This is it.

Knacker
27-06-2013, 07:38 PM
Many thanks for the reply blackdevil,I am away at the minute but I should be home at the weekend,will the password be 0000 or maybe 1111 or possibly another password,regards Knacker

Roadrunner
27-06-2013, 07:40 PM
No, your password would be your network key/wireless password/wi-fi key(usually printed on the router unless you have changed it to something different,)
Regards,
Roadrunner

Knacker
29-06-2013, 03:04 PM
Many thanks Blackdevil and roadrunner,got home today and did as informed and bingo,now I must search to find info on icks ie channels,regards Knacker

Roadrunner
29-06-2013, 03:42 PM
:respect-055:Nice :)
As for the channels, pinch someone elses list if you want to quickly see what is and what isnt working and customize to your taste, or do what I did ie scan in and organize the channels yourself (my personal favourite , just like buying a kit car, you buy one to put together yourself, getting one already built is a big no no in my book :D
Regards,
Roadrunner

Knacker
05-07-2013, 07:45 PM
You are right Roadrunner,I was looking for the lazy mans preferred way Im must confess over the years I have usually searched the Sat and made up my own list to suit what I prefer watching,I will put a couple of home plugs on and search for I am a ;little wary of missing some channel on Wifi,regards Knacker

Knacker
07-07-2013, 04:53 PM
Hi friends,I am still having a what is probably a minor difficulty to add to the other little diffs I have had with this little box that I like if I can do all I want to do,this time after reffering to Compass's excellent how to set up the 6000, going thru item per item when I reach the page where I highlight go to Satelite and want to go to Usals to enter my co-ordinates I cannot seem to open the the Hor and Ver or North and South page,when I press the set position the save or nay appears and I save and it leaves the page without my co-ordinates being entered,hopefully I have explained this problem as clear as to make people understand,I look forward to any assistance on this matter,thanks in advance,Knacker

2colby
07-07-2013, 08:52 PM
Knacker,from GO TO SATELLITE press the down cursor,that brings you to GO,down cursor again and that brings you to SET LOCATION, press OK,you can now enter your co-ordinates. Regards, 2colby.

Knacker
08-07-2013, 12:02 AM
Many thanks 2colby,yep I sorted it as you advised and we have it,still little probs like not driving on to other Sats and at this hour of the night I am going to sleep on it and try again tomorrow,again many thanks for help,regards Knacker