PDA

View Full Version : B.H 2.0.4 update

ironman
08-07-2013, 05:12 PM
How many of you are now using the latest B.H 2.0.4 image? Is it stable and is there much improvement from B.H 2.0.1? Being a novice with the solo2 I have not updated the image before, so just wondered if it was worth the while? I know I would have to do a clean install then add all the extras after the new image had been downloaded, just full of doubt about my competency for the task.
Any comments appreciated. :respect-056:

crabber
08-07-2013, 05:23 PM
Yes dead easy to install from USB, channel lists look slightly different, cant see too much else. I was hoping for adjustable bit and frame rates for the trans-coding function but that is apparently only possible with the new Duo2. (I wonder why) So pre-ordered one, really disappointed but not surprised.
If you don't want to have to rescan you can always save all your channels etc, don't know what EMU you use but again dead easy to FTP files back to new image.

seagate1
08-07-2013, 11:14 PM
ive been using 2.0.4 since it came out and i think the new image is the best so far all my pugins work. xxxacm 2.1.3 ipk went in ok. plus when its in standby it now displays the time and date which i do like files the front of the stb. and as crabber said its easy to flash there's a guide in solo2 section

ironman
09-07-2013, 10:06 AM
@ crabber & seagate1 thanks very much for the comments above, gives me a bit more confidence to try it out.
Stand by for " how do I " and " I can not get ", lol's.

kemik
12-08-2013, 12:15 AM
Now you guys have been running 2.0.4 for a while any additional views to what you posted in here in the early days of the new image?

Reason I ask is I'm using 2.0.2 at the moment and trying to decide whether to upgrade or not

Cheers

A
12-08-2013, 05:36 AM
Upgrade it. Using 2.04 since it came out and its stable