PDA

View Full Version : stc 6000 BBC3, BBC4 EPG

geoffh
09-07-2013, 05:14 PM
Hi Guys,
Back from hols and busy updating Fw.
New Test Fw loaded ok and no probs to speak off yet. However I have never been able to get any epg data for BB3 and 4 which ever Fw was loaded, CBBC and CBeebies can get epg data, so can anybody point me in the right direction, I know its a channel share but I should be able to get the epg data for 3 and 4.

blakmumba
09-07-2013, 05:56 PM
I have noticed that some channels have their epg data missing (movies24, movies 24+ and others) and have mentioned this on my comments regarding this initial release but have just checked the channels you mentioned above and I have the epg for both. Check your channel frequency/data settings. Mine are as follows...

BBC THREE

Frequency : 10818 V 22000
Transponder: 2048
Service ID : 10351
VPID : 5400
APID : 5401

BBC FOUR

Frequency : 10773 H 22000
Transponder: 2045
Service ID : 6316
VPID : 5200
APID : 5202

geoffh
09-07-2013, 06:11 PM
thx,
I'll check my settings and let you know

buck401
09-07-2013, 06:29 PM
I have found that if the BBC 3 and 4 are populated AFTER 1900hrs the problem is solved.

blakmumba
09-07-2013, 06:33 PM
BUCK, have you got the epg for movies24/24+?

buck401
09-07-2013, 07:04 PM
Yes. On 11307 V at 28degE.

geoffh
09-07-2013, 07:56 PM
ok now got the channells corectly tuned in but still no epg data, really odd because I get epg data for CBBC and CBeebies.
I am wondering if its something to do with the service ID I haven't found a way to check or alter this, any suggestions?.
Buck
Did do a epg tune after 7.00 but no joy.
All a bit odd

blakmumba
09-07-2013, 08:15 PM
I am wondering if its something to do with the service ID I haven't found a way to check or alter this, any suggestions?.

Use PolarEditor to change service ID.

blakmumba
09-07-2013, 08:21 PM
If yr still having issues, leme knw and i'll upload my channel fdu list for you to try.

lil_honda123
09-07-2013, 09:10 PM
If yr still having issues, leme knw and i'll upload my channel fdu list for you to try.

would it be possible to send me your fdu file - having serious issues with the epg data.

blakmumba
09-07-2013, 09:26 PM
would it be possible to send me your fdu file - having serious issues with the epg data.

Here you go m8. Its all updated as of yesterday by me from scratch with s*y channel numbering (took bloody 6+ hrs doing it in this UK heat lol).

Just remember I have arranged it according to *my* liking so just re-arrange if necessary to your taste :)

ps..Geoff, save yr fdu list on a usb and try mine. If epg IS loaded for bbc 3 & 4, copy both channels using polareditor from my fdu list to yrs.
Remember to delete service data each time you upload an fdu list.

PLEASE USE THE 1 ATTACHED BELOW (6th post down).

geoffh
09-07-2013, 09:30 PM
ok success now able to get epg data on BBC 3 and 4.
The box didn't like it to start with tho.
Did the mods in Polar edit via usb (formatted) transfered service data back to box and waited for it to boot up all ok untill I tried to open the epg menu and the box crashed, did this tree times and crashed every time. On the fourth attempt I decided to switch the box off and on at the back and thern on via the remote, waited awhile for it populate and then open the epg menu and bingo it worked.
Thanks Blakmamba for your help but I think the test Fw in this case wobled or is not stable.
Value your opinion

geoffh
09-07-2013, 09:39 PM
Just read your previous post and I didn't delete the service data prior to loading the new one so that could be where I had problems but all seems ok.
should I redo as you suggest or leave it be?

blakmumba
09-07-2013, 09:42 PM
Instead of loading fdu list via usb stick (yes I also have experienced crashes whilst uploading); within polar editor ftp it across.
Click on Up-Down icon -> ftp options -> input yr IP address, Username: root Password: leave blank & then click "test connection" (should give u a success box). Then click Up-Down again and choose Octagon 10x8 -> to pc. Now the fdu list would have uploaded. Make amendments and repeat previous process but this time click Pc -> Octagon 10x8. It will now give u a "reboot message" (if you get the message 'not responding' WAIT it will work). now wait at least 30secs and hit reboot. Simples :)

blakmumba
09-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Just read your previous post and I didn't delete the service data prior to loading the new one so that could be where I had problems but all seems ok.
should I redo as you suggest or leave it be?
If all is working fine, just leave it be but do it next time you mess with it.

geoffh
09-07-2013, 09:48 PM
I'll leave it for the mo because it seems to be behaving.
Will use ftp next time I mess with.
great help thanks again m8 good post!

blakmumba
10-07-2013, 12:54 AM
@lil_honda123 - use this channel list instead. I've found the culprit which stopped the epg loading for Movies24, Movies24+, Syfy+1 amongst others.

I've also just updated it with a new channel just released 'Drama'.

geoffh
10-07-2013, 09:48 AM
blakmumba,
Did an update using the ftp protocol, this time I reset the service data befor downloading the modified file, worked a treat, as you say simples:)
Thanks again for your help

geoffh
10-07-2013, 10:49 AM
Took a look at this and a very impressive piece of work which I would like to use however;
In my own channel list I have an extensive selection of different sats stored do you know of a way of combining the data from both files.
Cheers

blakmumba
10-07-2013, 11:39 AM
In my own channel list I have an extensive selection of different sats stored do you know of a way of combining the data from both files.
Cheers
I'm only running 28.2e unfortunately. However, upload yr complete fdu list and I'll take a look but will be in the later part of the afternoon as just heading to hospital to get my stitches taken out *ouch*.

geoffh
10-07-2013, 12:43 PM
Hi, Ihope this works never attached a file befor on this forum.
Anyway I had a play with PE and it looks like it should be possible to transfer data from one page to another but the key actions are blanked out like; cut, copy, paste which prevents you doing anything.
Almost forgot, hope the stiches removal goes ok last time I had that done was post a vasectamy, thought my balls were going to drop off. LOL

blakmumba
10-07-2013, 11:00 PM
thought my balls were going to drop off. LOL
Lol :respect-applause-00. Honestly this made me crack up whilst sitting at the bus stop and I guess the people sitting besides me thought I'd gone mad especially just coming outa the hospital lol.

Right, off to see yr fdu list.

blakmumba
11-07-2013, 12:59 AM
Taking waaaaay to long as a lot of info needs changing let alone just the copy & paste. The channel numbering, positioning, satellite info etc etc. the list just goes on and on. Have already been at it for the past 2hrs & just barely scratched the surface. Will continue tomorrow as got a week off work so won't give up.

Next post should be with the amended fdu list ;)

blakmumba
11-07-2013, 09:20 PM
As promised, my next post with your amended fdu list below. :woohoo-022:

Did it bloody take a long time with several f** words inbetween. Had to amend couple of sat transponders & id's for certain channels so just ensure the epg populates as usual & Geoffh; I'm unable to test as I'm only running 28.2e so if any problems let me know and i'll amend as necessary.

ENJOY

geoffh
12-07-2013, 08:33 AM
Many thx for this, I hadn't expected it to be such a mamoth task.
I don't just owe to one but many favours.
I'll give it a good run over the weekend and let you know how I get on but I think that now the basics are in place any future tweeks I should be able to do.
Anyway thanks again.
Geoff

lil_honda123
14-07-2013, 12:29 PM
thanks for this works brilliantly better than my list

couldn't found more4 SD quality on there?

blakmumba
14-07-2013, 07:16 PM
couldn't found more4 SD quality on there?
All channels that are identical in HD have been removed just like sly uk. This gives a much more neater appearance & easier to navigate through channels.
However, if you want SD channels included let me know & I'll do 1 for you but will take at least a day or two (maybe three) as making a most of this UK weather.

ps...echelon any chance of re-opening the 'channels sticky thread' or making this a sticky as I'll continue updating the channel lists for as long as I've got my ice. Saves surfing through threads.

Sent from my iPhone.

lil_honda123
20-07-2013, 08:42 AM
if you can do an SD one that would be great as I struggle on some HD channels. I've been enjoying weather as well in uk - however today is slightly off the norm of sunny days

ColdAsICE
22-07-2013, 12:54 PM
Thank you blakmumba for all your hard work.
Your Astra2 settings are bang on.
I've slightly modified your settings by removing the preset second tuner for the people with a Terrestrial tuner combo or for other single tuner models such as the S3500, S3550 or S3600.
Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing it.

blakmumba
26-07-2013, 09:56 PM
Updated Channel list as of 26/07/2013 for 28.2e.

Sorry for the delay, had no net and then had net but pc went belly up.

Have re-done from scratch with SD channels included and in the same order and numbering as sly uk. Couple of channels not listed in sly uk's guide; I have added into correct favourites such as setanta sport, setanta Ireland etc.

Thanks to ColdAsIce for mentioning the single sat users (terrestrial tuner combo or S3500, S3550, S3600), so therefore I have now catered for both.

Will continue to update.

Enjoy:sifone:

echelon
26-07-2013, 11:21 PM
All channels that are identical in HD have been removed just like sly uk. This gives a much more neater appearance & easier to navigate through channels.
However, if you want SD channels included let me know & I'll do 1 for you but will take at least a day or two (maybe three) as making a most of this UK weather.

ps...echelon any chance of re-opening the 'channels sticky thread' or making this a sticky as I'll continue updating the channel lists for as long as I've got my ice. Saves surfing through threads.

Sent from my iPhone.

I will open the channels thread, can you also please indicate if these will work on the s4000 too ? , thanks

blakmumba
26-07-2013, 11:53 PM
I will open the channels thread, can you also please indicate if these will work on the s4000 too ? , thanks
Yes they will echelon; tried and tested. I'm gona open a thread just dedicated to icecrypt channels so just sticky that if possible as people are still asking for channel list which is quite annoying.

Echelon; jus started a thread for twin/single channel lists so jus sticky that as I'm sure new users cannot miss that!