PDA

View Full Version : Added feature(s) for next firmware release - IF possible

blakmumba
10-07-2013, 08:15 AM
ColdAsIce; since the Koreans are finally listening to us consumers, is there any chance you could *politely* ask them if they could somehow implement UK Catchup service such as BBC iplayer, ITV player etc. within the next firmware release?. I am more than happy to drop Internet TV+, Katrina TV, Google maps etc. as I never see myself using them crap services (hope others agree ;)).

Any other suggestions peoples?:toetap05:

ColdAsICE
10-07-2013, 01:53 PM
I will pass on your request but I'm still waiting for the official release.
And I presume your "politely" comment meant not to rant at them like I have recently which got me a working test firmware but sod all else.

blakmumba
10-07-2013, 03:33 PM
And I presume your "politely" comment meant not to rant at them like I have recently which got me a working test firmware but sod all else.
I don't think a rant would do u or them any good regarding the "added feature". I honestly don't think it would work as they all use flash which the ice lacks in. It would be "just" nice to have the added feature which would sort of put the ice in a good competition point with the rest of the top brand receivers out there.

Have to admit though; your rant indeed did the job and as before, hats off to you ;)

ps.. In all honesty I doubt I'd use the added feature anyway as all that's available within my sammy tele.

lil_honda123
14-07-2013, 12:31 PM
would would like a possible streaming to ip service? i.e. a small tv headend server on it. the other thing I would like is able to mount an nfs on the icecrypt box - as I can't seem to do this.

blakmumba
21-07-2013, 12:42 AM
Cold; please could you ask the Koreans if they could add in the driver for the usb wifi dongle D-Link DWA-160 H/W Ver A2 in the next firmware release as this would be much much appreciated. I've got couple lying around and would be ideal if I could use them with the s4000 & 6000. For some bizarre reason only H/W B works!!!

Cheers m8.

Sent from my iPhone