PDA

View Full Version : tm5402hd

ajp
13-07-2013, 06:13 PM
I am looking to buy the tm5402 for the use of hd channels and was told about using my router because you get more channels opening "I guess". Does anyone use this method and is it easy to set up

thanks

andrew

Barney
13-07-2013, 08:12 PM
answer is yes to both questions .
Patch box via USB Pen with latest patch 1.02p March 11 2013
goto menu>USB>data transfer

then you can load Addon via USB Pen aswell
enter 8281 "HIDDEN" MENU And input 0000 for PIN then enter details and save .

Support for this box TM5402 HD is totally dissapointing however and pretty much nothing new has ever come out for this box in the past 4 months
and due to the lack of support for TM5402 HD range and even the newer TM5402 M2 HD many if not all suppliers have already stopped keeping any stock , its a good enuff box in my opinion and great for feedhunting but does lack any support in a big way im sorry to say .

Good luck .
-
Barney

satpaul
14-07-2013, 08:30 AM
A small note when this patch is installed March 11th any new patch can be downloaded in new TM Online menu (when they actually do one)

ajp
14-07-2013, 04:46 PM
hi m8s thanks for the info. It will give something to chew when I buy

regards

andrew

Barney
05-08-2013, 01:55 PM
WIFI Bridge should be ok but Homeplugs are better and faster in my humble opnion
my brother Use 500mb Homeplugs in to my Router and up at his caravan which is maybbe 60 meters away
Both homeplugs and WIFI Bridge should be ok

biggest annoyance i found is TM5402 M2 HD allows only 40 Biss key lines to be inserted ,
this i think is the only major set back other than PVR and EPG not yet fixed
UPC Hack not yet fixed either .

otherwise it is an awesome non-linux box that cannott c/s but only act like client box same as Spiderbox6000HD
hopefully there is some much needed correct software update fixes on the horizon ??

cheers

ajp
05-08-2013, 02:13 PM
WIFI Bridge should be ok but Homeplugs are better and faster in my humble opnion
my brother Use 500mb Homeplugs in to my Router and up at his caravan which is maybbe 60 meters away
Both homeplugs and WIFI Bridge should be ok

biggest annoyance i found is TM5402 M2 HD allows only 40 Biss key lines to be inserted ,
this i think is the only major set back other than PVR and EPG not yet fixed
UPC Hack not yet fixed either .

otherwise it is an awesome non-linux box that cannott c/s but only act like client box same as Spiderbox6000HD
hopefully there is some much needed correct software update fixes on the horizon ??

cheers Thanks Barney for your advice. Will do a search for homeplugs and see what I find. I haven't had the receiver yet should come tomorrow
I might need some more help once I receive it.

Thanks M8

Andrew

DARKMAN
07-08-2013, 02:43 AM
I have found this info very useful to the point that I have got one on order, and am told about running it through my router. My router is quite away from the receiver and have seen this "TECHNOMATE WIFI WIRELESS BRIDGE". Has anyone had any experience with it.

thanks

Andrew

"TECHNOMATE WIFI WIRELESS BRIDGE" wow.. after 2-3 years they copy even WIFI WIRELESS BRIDGE .lol

DARKMAN
07-08-2013, 02:50 AM
I think Technomate 5000 series is a breath of fresh air, Especially the sensitivity of the tuner, if neither the tuner or software are anything special, both combined work very well compared to my past receivers, on both Manual and Motorised settings.

Iv had a 2 TM5400HDs for around a year, and its a cracker, simple to use, very reliable

I think the grassroutes of TMs success is keeping it simple, its the picture on the screen im more concerned about, the less headache obtaining it, the better.

Iv had a few receivers since the Dmac days, including Dreamboxes, Spiderbox, Echo, Manhattan, Tm1500, and without doubt without paying silly money, the Tm wins hands down on virtually every aspect, in Ci and CS eras, for me, apart from a little initial setup, its pretty much fit and forget.

Fair enough, a few more enhancements to the pvr and epg, would be good for the money.

Technomate 5000 series is a breath of fresh air,

This is fist time to hear this kind of tuner .lol Haw they get that fresh Air ? please let us know ....

Now about recon the Ci Tm do not recon Paring cam conax which other machines do without nominating names...
About CS Tm is the last machine any one can buy for that use still is after SSSP ( twin protocol ) lol...To compare Dreambox or any other boxes is shame ...

holmroad
07-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Wonder WHOSE wireless bridge they have actually copied?:cool:

DARKMAN
07-08-2013, 05:24 PM
Wonder WHOSE wireless bridge they have actually copied?:cool:

No idea was a joke.....but if you read this post if is true maybe you understand ...

Quote Originally Posted by ajp View Post
I have found this info very useful to the point that I have got one on order, and am told about running it through my router. My router is quite away from the receiver and have seen this "TECHNOMATE WIFI WIRELESS BRIDGE". Has anyone had any experience with it.

thanks

Andrew

holmroad
07-08-2013, 09:55 PM
No idea was a joke.....but if you read this post if is true maybe you understand ...

Quote Originally Posted by ajp View Post

thanks

Andrew

Sorry bout that DM - but for some reason the Pimps post 'display' doesn't always display the WHOLE thread on IE 8 - so all I'd actually seen was YOUR post and simply queried the wireless bridge mate!
Thanks anyway - I can see there's a lot more to this thread now I've yet again changed the 'Display' settings accordingly!:respect-055:

ajp
08-08-2013, 12:43 PM
hi Barney have now got my tm5402 and am running it with TECHNOMATE WIFI WIRELESS BRIDGE. It has picked up my router settings but nothing is unscrambling, do I have to put in the setting u mention in your earlier post for me and can u use any flash drive as I am waiting for a flash drive that comes with the receiver.

regards

andrew

ajp
08-08-2013, 01:27 PM
Hi I have put the addon file to my 5402 but the patch a try to use says not compatible with stb this patch being 1.02. Can someone please put me in the right direction for 1.01 patch to see if it works, also when goin through hidden menu I see a server list but not sure what to do in setting it up

Any help please

thanks in advance

Andrew

jamsb
08-08-2013, 01:48 PM
If your Stb. is 5402 m2 hd then 102p and addon 002 will be fine also.

However if you have older version 5402 Hd you need different s/ware but with the same addon 002.

jamsb
08-08-2013, 02:06 PM
Hi Andrew, you will find what you need here.

In the stickies in the Tm. 5000 section. Links below.

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?162850-Phantompatch-TM5402HDCI_M2_ALL_012p_20130802

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?162849-Phantompatch-TM5402HDCI_ALL_032p_20130802

ajp
08-08-2013, 02:28 PM
hi lecky thanks for the info. I now have the latest patch and addon but nothing still clearing i'm 13 east at the moment I have found hidden server list not sure what to insert so that it will work with my router.
So struggling at the moment

Andrew

jamsb
08-08-2013, 02:40 PM
I don't use the addon nor do i connect to the internet with my Stb. So cant help on that one.

However have you also loaded the latest soft cam also.

Another member will have to advise on connection and other stuff if that's allowed.

ajp
08-08-2013, 02:59 PM
thanks lecky I have latest software to the cam as i am using a wifi diablo cam but don't know if its setup right so thanks for that
and hi manic01 i don't how to add a c/n line into the receiver. I have a wifi bridge connected to the receiver which has picked up router settings but that's about it.

I think i am goin to go out of my depth, that why i use a cam as not sure how u go about rigging upto router

thanks both

andrew

echelon
08-08-2013, 03:02 PM
thanks lecky I have latest software to the cam as i am using a wifi diablo cam but don't know if its setup right so thanks for that
and hi manic01 i don't how to add a c/n line into the receiver. I have a wifi bridge connected to the receiver which has picked up router settings but that's about it.

I think i am goin to go out of my depth, that why i use a cam as not sure how u go about rigging upto router

thanks both

andrew

if your box has a router connection it has access to the internet

the internet can be useful for streaming video (like say youtube) , and for allowing c or n lines into your box to decode channels (obtain these lines yourself; no lines = no decoding)

its a means to an end, not the end itself

a softcam can be used on a patched box to open channels like nova sport and diema on 39e (no internet required)

ajp
08-08-2013, 03:30 PM
hi echelon wish I had room I would invite you down to help sort this out, taking all this info in gives me a headache and I still get nowhere hi hi

TheBadger
09-08-2013, 07:21 AM
Also you can't use Diablo cam and the built in softcam at the same time - the box gets confused over which one to use and you lose picture intermittently. The softcam is quicker than Diablo anyway.

ajp
09-08-2013, 09:59 AM
Also you can't use Diablo cam and the built in softcam at the same time - the box gets confused over which one to use and you lose picture intermittently. The softcam is quicker than Diablo anyway.Morning the badger I did not know that there was a builtin softcam? So how do I access that please.

thanks

andrew

ajp
09-08-2013, 10:30 AM
I take it I use a flash drive and then data transfer them

thanks

Andrew

ajp
09-08-2013, 10:47 AM
I have put the latest patch in that I can find and softkey dated 21/07/13 in and I am on novasport 4 on 13 East but nothing

ajp
09-08-2013, 11:09 AM
thanks I am on 13e at the moment fixed until I can setup motorized my other dish is on 19.2e until I get used to usual and diseqc setup its a long story, don't want to bore you.

Andrew

echelon
09-08-2013, 11:39 AM
the softcam will only open the channels listed in its file or in the notes added to the file

you can see the usual list in the spiderbox softcam threads, including the location of the channels and packages opened

post #27 clearly stated nova sport on 39e

Yes as long as it's patched it will be ok.
Unzip file first.
Nova sport and diema open on 39e and show epl and 1 3pm game as well.

and the latest softcam says 02 aug 2013 along with the packages opened

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?146673-Latest-TM-Softcams-keys/page2 in post #24

ajp
09-08-2013, 12:03 PM
hi echelon yeah ok starting to work it out have a few channels working as I looked at the list on 13e. Will now have get used to setting up motor with usuals and diseqc. Its hard work but as you say it good when it works.

Thanks for help so far

Andrew

ps did u read my post earlier if I had room I would invite you down and show me hi hi

ManikM
09-08-2013, 01:18 PM
does this box (tm5402) have a blindscan issue with a particular symbol rate? does the Dr HD D15 have the same issue?!

ajp
09-08-2013, 03:54 PM
hi it has blindscan in the menu but carn't help with the other ?

DARKMAN
09-08-2013, 04:48 PM
Hi Andrew, you will find what you need here.

h**p://d***load.***-b***er.b**/bbs/main.php

Hope i dont get into trouble for posting this.

That web advertise different forum under e techno mate direction. If i be mod i will delete the link is against the rules.If any one need help can upload the software here not redirecting members on other website who have other interest.

ajp
09-08-2013, 05:33 PM
hi I wouldn't want to break any rules. I need this forum for future help.

thanks

echelon
09-08-2013, 06:56 PM
new 5402 patches out in the firmware section of the forum