PDA

View Full Version : ***box f3

skem4
29-07-2013, 07:59 PM
my box keeps rebooting it has already been back to supplier I have it working by wifi somebody suggested I use a internet plug would solve my problem this is the 1st time I have heard of these plugs does anybody else use these and are they reliable regards skem4 LFC

echelon
29-07-2013, 08:44 PM
my box keeps rebooting it has already been back to supplier I have it working by wifi somebody suggested I use a internet plug would solve my problem this is the 1st time I have heard of these plugs does anybody else use these and are they reliable regards skem4 LFC

you probably mean homeplugs and you already participated in one of those threads

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?161633-network-plugs

donki
30-07-2013, 11:35 AM
Note: Nothing is better than a real wired LAN at present.

Homeplug should be adequate for STB data but don't expect to see anywhere near the throughput rated.

Can't see how this will help with your box rebooting but anything is worth a try I suppose.

captainglassback
30-07-2013, 11:50 AM
You are one of very few folk who have got that box or the F5 to run with wi-fi even using the 'official' stick!! Homeplugs will work great with it, (subject to usual caveats!), though I am not sure that this will solve rebooting issue! Even if the plugs do not solve the rebooting problem I am sure that you will find other uses for them. Unfortunately Lee doesn't stock them at the moment.

mikie8
30-07-2013, 12:57 PM
i have a f5 box working with the wifi stick no problems .

im using a tenda w300m with a f3 no problems there either .

reboots are normally the psu browning out .

skem4
30-07-2013, 01:36 PM
just ordered pack 19 99p free p&p thanks everyone regards skem4 LFC

manic01
30-07-2013, 02:25 PM
Cant see what that will do regarding reboots.
Its normally dodgy tp scanned in or loose cable or needs refalsh.
Sometimes dect phone interferes as well.
try receiver with sat cable removed to see if still reboots.
Is it on any channel specific or all of them?