PDA

View Full Version : Spaze Alternative

sammyjay
03-08-2013, 01:42 PM
STB - Azbox HD
Hello guys,
I have been on spaze 2.0 for a while now and was wondering if the experts can advise or recommend which other image I can move to.
Options I see within the forum are -
A - OpenRSI
B - Openspa -beta
C - OpenATV
D - OpenAZbox

Please will appreciate any recommendations so as to sort box out before EPL kick off.
thanks in advance

Burnham
04-08-2013, 02:52 PM
I have been using OpenRSI for a few months. Better than Spaze, but not perfect. You only need to try a few recordings to get crashes and failures.

My conclusion is that the AZBox is ok as a 2nd back up box but it is still far too much hassle as a main box for everyday use. For a main box I recommend to sell the AZBox and get any VU+ box.

sammyjay
04-08-2013, 04:13 PM
Cheers mate, did you ever try the OpenATV.

Burnham
05-08-2013, 01:34 PM
No, not tried OpenATV - might have a go later in the year to see if I get a stable box.

I should have said in my first reply that I have an AZBox Premium HD with an internal hard drive. People with later versions of the AZBox may get better results than I get with my AZBox Premium.

john_graydon
22-08-2013, 06:46 PM
OpenAtv worked fine till I used the recording feature. Nothing but very slow channel changes and a long time to clear using CS. Also If you change HDMI channel, you will have to reboot to get it back on screen. Going back to Spadz.

ManikM
22-08-2013, 07:30 PM
I run openrsi mate cccam and it works fine...no crashes. Dont use crossepg on a schedule this causes the crashes I found

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

john_graydon
08-04-2015, 01:09 AM
Think this is the worst box I ever had.
Was changing image to openspa-4.0.001
And what I got,,,,,stuck on booting..aghaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Think I take a lump hammer to it for once and for all.
Cant wait for my new Dreambox 800

DCG
08-04-2015, 01:16 AM
Think this is the worst box I ever had.
Was changing image to openspa-4.0.001
And what I got,,,,,stuck on booting..aghaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Think I take a lump hammer to it for once and for all.
Cant wait for my new Dreambox 800

dreambox ????????????????

old hat not much if any support