PDA

View Full Version : Can I record from spider6000 to dvd.

gee
04-08-2013, 07:55 PM
Is it correct to assume its ok to record from spider6000 hd to a dvd recorder.
Have always done this with a TMbox [ .TS format ] and as the spider has the same recording mode with a scart socket assume this will work.
I know that some pvr boxes that are .trp need a hdd added which of course costs extra. Thanks for any advice.

Roadrunner
04-08-2013, 08:31 PM
I would have thought so. Personaly only tried recording onto the old VHS (just to see if it works, normally I have it hooked up to the 500gb Toshiba drive), but I think the principle is the same. And the format which is being recorded depends more on the device it is bein recorded to, not the source, you are only getting audio +video via scart and the recorder records in the format it supports.(unless you use an external hdd in which case it is recorded in the .TS format with Spiderbox 6000 )

echelon
04-08-2013, 08:38 PM
no problem recording to a dvd recorder with scart or composite phono connections, but the recordings will be SD not HD

you cannot record to a pvr as a pvr wont allow external sources

I use a sony hxd dvd/hdd recorder , recording over scart from satellite box to the recorders internal hdd, edit, then fastdub to dvdr

at the moment the main supplier of similar suitable dvd recorders is panasonic

gee
06-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Hope I'm still in the right place..... have been trying to get into Goldwafer site to go further with the spider6000.. clicked on the picture and got to a blank screen.. searched and found info and price but get no further..no shopping basket etc .. no postage.. nothing to browse... is it me!

echelon
06-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Hope I'm still in the right place..... have been trying to get into Goldwafer site to go further with the spider6000.. clicked on the picture and got to a blank screen.. searched and found info and price but get no further..no shopping basket etc .. no postage.. nothing to browse... is it me!

must be you, working ok here in firefox

http://www.goldwafers.co.uk

gee
07-08-2013, 12:09 PM
Have now gone to firefox... working ok... have bought spider6000 from goldwafers. thanks