PDA

View Full Version : spiderbox off

den123
16-08-2013, 07:11 AM
anyone had problem with spiderboxx 9900 switching off on its own thanks

Mickha
16-08-2013, 08:25 AM
Have you tried turning off the eco friendly power option, to see if this is the problem?
Can you please supply more details, is it turning off, or re-booting?
Does this happen often, when viewing, only on certain channels, after a certain amount of time, is it random, how regularly does this occur?

den123
16-08-2013, 08:46 AM
seems to go off on hd channels goes off then i have to start it again last for few mins then off again thanks

gbmitie
16-08-2013, 09:27 AM
den I spent most of yesterday trying to fix same fault in a 9000HD and failed. Box is one of the earliest ones and the cause of the fault is attributed to overheating but it was fine for 3 years!! I opened mine up and checked for swollen capacitors and as I have 2 spiders I compared it with the other and everything looked ace. I did factory reset, reloaded patch, did channel list, did a clean sat scan, different channel list and so on. No good. The only thing I could not do was swop out the PSU as lo and behold they are different!!! I think the 9900 came out second last, the combo was the last. I have read everywhere and the usual answer is bin it. One final option that I have not tried yet, and may not bother, is use a hairdryer turned to cool and aim that at box while on hd and see if it helps. If it does then buy a usb fan. You would think with all the boxes sold someone established the bits that wore out and told us so we could replace them like what happened with the thompson sky box.

I am particularly sick as this is the first box that died on me, I knew it ran hot but beleieved I had given it plenty of air space. I am switching off the other one at the rear now until I get a replacement, not a spider.

If by chance you stumble on a solution or know a nice person who can delve into it and discover the dud bits let me know. You can try all of the above and you may be lucky. It lasts on a SD channel for about 20 mins.

echelon
16-08-2013, 09:37 AM
den I spent most of yesterday trying to fix same fault in a 9000HD and failed. Box is one of the earliest ones and the cause of the fault is attributed to overheating but it was fine for 3 years!! I opened mine up and checked for swollen capacitors and as I have 2 spiders I compared it with the other and everything looked ace. I did factory reset, reloaded patch, did channel list, did a clean sat scan, different channel list and so on. No good. The only thing I could not do was swop out the PSU as lo and behold they are different!!! I think the 9900 came out second last, the combo was the last. I have read everywhere and the usual answer is bin it. One final option that I have not tried yet, and may not bother, is use a hairdryer turned to cool and aim that at box while on hd and see if it helps. If it does then buy a usb fan. You would think with all the boxes sold someone established the bits that wore out and told us so we could replace them like what happened with the thompson sky box.

I am particularly sick as this is the first box that died on me, I knew it ran hot but beleieved I had given it plenty of air space. I am switching off the other one at the rear now until I get a replacement, not a spider.

If by chance you stumble on a solution or know a nice person who can delve into it and discover the dud bits let me know. You can try all of the above and you may be lucky. It lasts on a SD channel for about 20 mins.

I have an older 7000 with a similar fault since the recent hot weather, no obvious signs of problems on the psu comparing it with my other spider. clearly there may be some psu components that need replacing but I could not tell which ones

TonyO
16-08-2013, 09:51 AM
it sounds like the psu, are you using a card in a cam or a Ethernet server connection, HD puts a big workload on boxes and generates a lot of heat on some boxes.

Strangely the spider 9000 runs cooler than most HD boxes I've tried, I had a fortech star when HD first came out and it would cut out when it it got really hot, a pc cpu fan over the cam and the back half open kept it going in hot weather, no good if you have kids around though.

den123
16-08-2013, 09:54 AM
thanks guys for all your help will play around see what i can do or bin it and get the 6000 model thanks

TonyO
16-08-2013, 10:10 AM
The 6000 has a external mains to dc power supply, at first I thought that this was a bit cheapskate but the positive side is you can replace the PSU very cheaply if it goes wrong.

Thursday I managed to name the providers as satellites on the faulty channel editor, ie four 19e providers and four Hotbird providers at 13E, it wouldn't save any changes though however small.

The good news is that the box seems to accept multiple providers as satellites, when the editor is working properly it should be straight forward to load the list in this fashion.

den123
16-08-2013, 10:29 AM
i konw this is off topic but is there a good channel list to load on the 6000 like the ones billybits dose thanks

echelon
16-08-2013, 10:32 AM
i konw this is off topic but is there a good channel list to load on the 6000 like the ones billybits dose thanks

only blackdevil or compass ones on here, in the channel list section

the blackdevil one is the most recent list

gbmitie
16-08-2013, 05:04 PM
den dont physically bin it yet, it could go for spares and the remote is useful, actually remote may work the 6000.

den123
20-08-2013, 04:13 PM
yippeeeeeeeeeee all sorted guys it was the lnb put new lnb on and checked the cable connections now all fine thanks guys

gbmitie
20-08-2013, 04:50 PM
how long has it been ok for? I swopped lnb's and dishes and still no joy

den123
21-08-2013, 07:26 AM
was ok all last night never once went off

den123
21-08-2013, 07:27 AM
check the cable also mate

gbmitie
21-08-2013, 10:35 AM
I used 3 different cables and 2 lnb's so far. mine is the 9000hd. and glad you are sorted.

den123
21-08-2013, 12:38 PM
thought i had sorted it found out that it only goes off when on hd only any package any help would be great thanks guys

den123
21-08-2013, 12:54 PM
just loaded biilybits new list

den123
21-08-2013, 03:31 PM
just being to change lnb up to yet seems ok on hd channels fingers x