PDA

View Full Version : Lots of channel selections crashing my Solo2

kemik
18-08-2013, 03:52 PM
Just interested if many people are having the same issue as me. Increasingly I'm getting crashes when selecting certain channels. I originally noticed in on BT Sport then someone said do a rescan which I did. But although BT Sport now works some other channels are crashing the box.

Interested in best practice for updating channels as they're of course always moving frequencies, etc. On my Dreambox I never really had an issue downloading Catseye channel list updating and then if needed doing a rescan.

On my Solo2 however I update to the latest Catseye and then do a rescan and replace but I'm getting more and more channels crashing the box. Am I missing something? or do people do their channel updates in a different way than me?

Thanks

Anrakh
18-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Try spending a little time scanning in your own settings. I have never used anyone elses settings, and have no plans to do so.
Most of my colleagues do the same.

Dark Cloud
18-08-2013, 04:42 PM
Me too. I use Dreambox Edit to sort out the old frequencies and keep up to date on all satellites.
Can't expect Catseyes to update us everyday.

echelon
18-08-2013, 04:53 PM
Just interested if many people are having the same issue as me. Increasingly I'm getting crashes when selecting certain channels. I originally noticed in on BT Sport then someone said do a rescan which I did. But although BT Sport now works some other channels are crashing the box.

Interested in best practice for updating channels as they're of course always moving frequencies, etc. On my Dreambox I never really had an issue downloading Catseye channel list updating and then if needed doing a rescan.

On my Solo2 however I update to the latest Catseye and then do a rescan and replace but I'm getting more and more channels crashing the box. Am I missing something? or do people do their channel updates in a different way than me?

Thanks

I have not seen any issues on a duo , solo2 or dm800 using a recent list that I got from here , so maybe it depends on the image used too ?

there is a sticky thread in that E2 settings section for discussing his lists, so unless you have a problem with your solo 2 that you wish to discuss I suggest you actually post in the relevant forum and thread - in this case as it seems to be an issue with the catseye settings list then surely that feedback thread is the correct thread to post in ?

its worth noting that there was one file causing issues on some boxes and I think some fixed files were posted that were smaller in size ?