PDA

View Full Version : new 6000 channel editor issues

TonyO
19-08-2013, 12:01 AM
The recent 6000 channel list editor is faulty but is good enough to display accurately the channels stored and what is in the favourite lists, its when you try to modify the data that the probs occur in the editor.

john.dat
19-08-2013, 12:23 AM
The answer to that can be found in this thread:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?161632-spiderbox-6000hd

Thanks

^^COMPASS^^
19-08-2013, 09:45 AM
The recent 6000 channel list editor is faulty but is good enough to display accurately the channels stored and what is in the favourite lists, its when you try to modify the data that the probs occur in the editor.

Can you explain a in more detail Tony,
I'm using Spiderbox/Smartbox HD6000 Channel Editor 1st Version 17.08.13 which works fine for me :respect-050:

I have found it user friendly,
I'm building up the fav's
which works great, im selecting channels by Satellite, frequency & adding to the fav's
it would seem the move option is disabled so i cannot organize my fav's into order
but once saved i can via the Spiderbox 6000HD channel manager

blackdevil
19-08-2013, 10:38 AM
it would seem the move option is disabled so i cannot organize my fav's into order

You can move channels , drag/drop

For others :
Channel Editor is here :
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?162971-Spiderbox-Smartbox-HD6000-Channel-Editor-1st-Version&p=883083#post883083

need feedback here :
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?162903-Spider-6000-channel-editor-is-out-!

TonyO
19-08-2013, 12:43 PM
The first version of the 6000 channel I got from another board and it was very quickly listed as premature as it was not finalised, I've tried the one from the link above (post 10) and it is differant and less problematic.

I can manipulate the data in the editor with no problem at all and it will edit sats and delete channels rename sats and delete transponders, however none of it saves still.

When I reload to the editor the saved renamed channel list, the changes were all lost or not saved in the first place despite saying they were.

The blackdevil list has the maximum number of sats allowed according to the editor, I delete hallf of the empty sats and save but they keep coming back.

blackdevil
19-08-2013, 02:46 PM
The first version of the 6000 channel I got from another board and it was very quickly listed as premature as it was not finalised, I've tried the one from the link above (post 10) and it is differant and less problematic.

I can manipulate the data in the editor with problem at all and it will edit sats and delete channels rename sats and delete transponders, however none of it saves still.

When I reload to the editor the saved renamed channel list, the changes were all lost or not saved in the first place despite saying they were.

The blackdevil list has the maximum number of sats allowed according to the editor, I delete half of the empty sats and save but they keep coming back.

First, use Channel Editor 1st Version ,this is the official working version .
Use save option and give a name in the new archive (see attached picture) .
Be sure that you are using it correct . It is working .

TonyO
19-08-2013, 03:33 PM
That's exactly what I did, I'm using w7 are you using the same ? thanks for your effort blackdevil, I'm sure it will resolve itself soon.

blackdevil
19-08-2013, 04:47 PM
I am using it in W7,Vista & xp .
Just save your channel list with other name ,not the same .

TonyO
19-08-2013, 07:26 PM
Yeh I did that, and I also let it save to the default name it gave in case it made a difference, it didn't

blackdevil
19-08-2013, 08:35 PM
The channel editor that i upload two days ago is working 100% and saves changes .
Probably you are confused and you use the other version which save option is not working .

TonyO
19-08-2013, 09:06 PM
I'll download from the link in post 10 again, to see if the download got corrupted.

chariotuk
20-08-2013, 08:46 PM
Hi Tony,

I had a small issue with the channel editor first time I used it. When you hit the save option the dialog box disappears however you need to wait for the messagebox saying save complete to appear before ejecting the usb key. The channellist.ssu needs to be the magic 513KB in size.

Bit rusty but I think the code needs something like

Cursor = Hourglass // just after the save dialog box

and

Cursor = Normal or pointer just after the message box to say save complete.

Hope this Helps

CUK.

Edit: Win 7 X64

TonyO
21-08-2013, 12:24 AM
Its not the first time I've used it and I have been using computers for 25 years, most of the time everything works 100%.

I am using w7 which I hate and have modified the settings massively and run third party versions to make it look and behave like xp, this could be the problem, somehow.

Most of the companies I work for still use NT because all those big blobby folders get in the way of doing serious work, theres been a bereavement in my wifes side of the family so I wont have much time in the next couple of weeks.