PDA

View Full Version : doing full scan

den123
19-08-2013, 03:54 PM
when i go into automatic scan and scan all it starts off ok then when i gets mid way though it freezes the only way i can switch off is by the mains any help please

Aldo
19-08-2013, 04:05 PM
when i go into automatic scan and scan all it starts off ok then when i gets mid way though it freezes the only way i can switch off is by the mains any help please

Have you followed the following procedure fully:

Satellite Setup

Go to Menu / Sat Settings, scroll down the left hand list and click OK to select all the Sats you want to scan, this will give them a tick.
Right arrow across, scroll down to Motor, right arrow to select ‘Diseq/Usals’, OK, Scroll down to Mode, select Drive to Satellite, scroll down to Set Location, OK, Scroll down Set Long then Lat then save, scroll to Go ‘Save Data and run’ thats it.

Now to scan, Goto Menu / Automatic Sat Scan scroll down to ‘Scan select’ and change to ‘All Sat’, thats it, go get a coffee while it scans.

echelon
19-08-2013, 04:36 PM

speaking frankly, this would be a silly thing to do seeing as the box can only handle about half the channels that a 9000 can handle

you will easily bust the maximum channels and maximum transponders on a motorised system if you scan a load of satellites

so I suppose this is why it freezes, you are trying to put a quart into a pint pot !

den123
19-08-2013, 04:44 PM
think you might be right echelon can you tell me the only sats i would have to tick in the uk thanks den

echelon
19-08-2013, 04:51 PM
think you might be right echelon can you tell me the only sats i would have to tick in the uk thanks den

I would have thought the main ones of 39e , 28e , 19e , 13e , 0.8w , and maybe 30w , so thats 5 or 6 satellites, and if you scan everything in thats all the tv channels and all the radio channels so putting you close to maximum of • 6000 TV / Radio Channels , if not over

try scanning tv only if you can live without the radio channels

den123
19-08-2013, 05:11 PM
thanks mate u a star xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

echelon
19-08-2013, 05:18 PM
ok , now thats done , check the satellite ALL list and see how many entries it has, then change to radio and see how many entries that has, add the 2 figures together and it gives you a total. this total has to be less than 6000 channels on a spiderbox 6000 HD

take that total from 6000 and that is what you have spare, if its a lot you could add one or two more satellites into the mix, or scan manually on them to keep the actual figures low - also try deleting unwanted stuff from your blindscan