PDA

View Full Version : new spiderbox 6000 purchase ?

hianta
21-08-2013, 12:06 PM
Hi all, interesting read about the sound issue.

I am looking to change my dated TM 5600 CI super for a cheap HD box that might still open channels in a few years.:confused: After thinking about the spider HD6000 I came across this thread, So can you tell me if this box is worth it ? ( does it still open a few chs and still have the backing needed.)

The hdmi sound is a concern but would hope that it is the TV side and not the box? I'm looking for a box for under £100 so I cant hope for everything :respect-053:

Aldo
21-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Please check the forum sponsors site for the spiderbox 6000:

https://www.goldwafers.co.uk/Spiderbox/

The setup procedure can be found here:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?162474-Setup-Guide-for-Spiderbox-6000HD

den123
21-08-2013, 02:05 PM
hi there i just bought one in case i cant sort my 9900 out i think the 6000 for the money is brill only thing is 6000 channels not 10000 other than that its excellent box wife thinks its better picture and sound

Roadrunner
21-08-2013, 09:38 PM
+1
Good receiver. Had a 9000 before and somehow I like this one better. Price is good in the sponsors shop , you can put it just about anywhere thanks to its small footprint, it has an external power supply which is good (in case it packs up you can replace it cheaply and easily without any technical knowledge) also you can take it camping should you wish so. And last but not least it is a nice receiver to bridge a gap between the `normal` receiver and a linux box for someone who wants to go that route but lacks the knowledge of networking setting up everything from scratch etc..As for the picture and sound I cant fault it. As a fairly new to the market receiver the support is excellent too.

hianta
21-08-2013, 10:08 PM
Yes nice response thank you. As you can see with using a TM 5600 with a diablo cam I'm not that up to date with the internet connections and line and, and, and :302: WAS used to keys and that, so now with the HD coming in more and more thought I would try a change? Was thinking this would be a cheap start up box? thought that of the TM when I got it but just after a year all the films went on good old 19.2 E :cuss: and the future looking not that great every year ? AND as always-- THIS IS THE BEST FORUM FOR ADVICES AND WERE TO BUY! --:party: ( Think al order this Friday unless there is a better box out there ??)

echelon
21-08-2013, 10:16 PM
buy from goldwafers m8

as for the box, you can still patch it and use keys, softcam keys and biss keys - all in the one usb load after downloading from here

then you also have the IKS option if you have a motorised dish

it has wifi or ethernet for connection to your router as well, just supply an ethernet lead if that is your preferred option like I do with my boxes

afaik the patched box with keys gives you the same (or more) than using a diablo, and the IKS is the icing on the cake for 12 months

hianta
21-08-2013, 10:25 PM
yes got a motor dish sounding good all the time but ?? what happens after 12 month? ( never been there? take it you lose the icing?)

echelon
21-08-2013, 10:36 PM
yes got a motor dish sounding good all the time but ?? what happens after 12 month? ( never been there? take it you lose the icing?)

yes , so you most likely pay to renew it, or if not you obtain your own c or n line from another source, same as people with other boxes may do

Aldo
21-08-2013, 11:32 PM

You can renew the IKS package after your 12 months have expired, on the Vasiks forum for £50 for a further 12 months.

The following info will apply to all Spiderbox users (except the 5000) using IKS from the Vasiks Forum:

VIP expires one year after subscription.
The keys last one year and cannot be renewed, a new key is required.
Members may get a new key at any time and save it until the existing keys expire.
I would recommend doing that to avoid the rush hour style backups like what happened last year.
Once the rush starts, the window may be closed for most of the day again.

TonyO
22-08-2013, 12:01 AM
Its a no brainer, the best value you can get.

hianta
23-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Just ordered one from Goldwafers.com :respect-059: So looking forward to playing with a new box. had to get a router just in case the box can't handle a PPOE connection (think that's what it's called) So thanks for the info and I'm looking forward to learning again.:woohoo-022:

hianta
24-08-2013, 04:58 PM
amazing first time ever I received anything the next day? thanks Goldwafers .. But Huston We Have a Problem?! After going through the menus getting myself used to the new set up of the spider box I scanned a sat and had a look at the picture and sound. Very nice, nothing wrong there I said. I'll leave the set up till tonight and put the extra's in so switched off with the remote control........ (Due to the very fast delivery I had to connect to the TV by scart and don't have it connected to the internet) .. instead of the TV going back to it's default channel the screen remains black (still on that scart port) then 3 seconds later the green light came on and the last channel I was watching was displayed? Now I have tried taking all cables out of the box but it still switches itself back on? tried a factory reset , still the same? I have not yet got round to setting up the box with patches and all that and wonder should I? Any help or ideas anyone?

skomedal
24-08-2013, 05:18 PM
Do you mean your SB6000 is rebooting?
Try this link :- https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?161762-Spiderbox-6000-New-patch

Regards

hianta
24-08-2013, 05:39 PM
yes it would not go into standby . loaded latest patch now it does thank you ( it still leaves the scart plug open but i can work around that )

TonyO
25-08-2013, 01:07 AM
My prob with the pre programmed channel lists is they are overloading the box from the start, if the box can only take 6000 channels , why create lists that have more and mess it up, theres no point !

Aldo
25-08-2013, 01:44 AM
My prob with the pre programmed channel lists is they are overloading the box from the start, if the box can only take 6000 channels , why create lists that have more and mess it up, theres no point !

I do not have this receiver, but if as you say the channel list has more than 6000 channels, could you not use the channel editor and remove any channels that you do not use, or even transponders, then save your list before putting it into the receiver, that would then save having any problems with an overloaded channel list, this is only a suggestion.

TonyO
25-08-2013, 12:10 PM
You've hit on the only problem I have with the 6000, the editor doesn't save any changes I make , I've been too busy in the last week to solve the problem.

Roadrunner
25-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Could it be that you use the unofficial version that leaked before the official release? I have tested the editor that Blackdevil uploaded the other day and it works ok (including the SAVE feature)