PDA

View Full Version : 39E No channels

dizz
24-08-2013, 12:06 PM
Hi all

Just setting up my new solo2 and have an odd problem. Installed openvix image, used dreamset to download channels from *********, set up bouquets as I like. On all other sats the box tunes to all channel fine, but not 39E.

Positioner shows sat locked, epg populates, but channels will not tune. If I try to search for channels it shows none found. Any ideas? Could this be a corrupt satellite.xml? I've reinstalled the channels, but still exactly the same problem.

Detlef
24-08-2013, 06:08 PM
Sounds more likely that you aren't actually on 39E. Is the EPG data current to a 39E channel?

If so, try doing a manual scan on "The Voice" (12524 H SR:30000 FEC 7/8 ) as it is FTA.

Another problem with Hellas at 39E is that both H and V are used on the same frequency so your LNB skew setting has to be spot on or you will get both thus giving weird results.

BTW you aren't missing much as very few channels are opening there.

dizz
25-08-2013, 09:59 AM
Thanks for this, I'll give it a go later when I'm home again. I actually reconnected my old box and checked that the epg was right (same channel list installed), and left the satellite movement where that box was. The satfinder actually shows the satellite locked at 80% as well. Interesting what you say about the H and V channels, so it could be that the tuners have slightly different sensitivities. And like you say it's probably not worth a huge amount of time and effort, we all just like having maximum choice don't we. If find a solution I will let you know.

TonyO
25-08-2013, 12:01 PM
nothing much there except EPL live footy, nobody wants that, much !!!