PDA

View Full Version : spider 6000 and technomate vbox positioner

simon123
28-08-2013, 02:16 PM
iv set the spider box up with my positoner set it up in the menu 1.2 put in the position ie 1 ann so on but when i press sat the positioner says p1 or po2 but starts and stops what is rong am i doing some thing rong

Aldo
28-08-2013, 03:41 PM
iv set the spider box up with my positoner set it up in the menu 1.2 put in the position ie 1 ann so on but when i press sat the positioner says p1 or po2 but starts and stops what is rong am i doing some thing rong

May I suggest that you read the following link, and follow it to the letter:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?162474-Setup-Guide-for-Spiderbox-6000HD

the following info should help you:

Satellite Setup

Go to Menu / Sat Settings, scroll down the left hand list and click OK to select all the Sats you want to scan, this will give them a tick.
Right arrow across, scroll down to Motor, right arrow to select ‘Diseq/Usals’, OK, Scroll down to Mode, select Drive to Satellite, scroll down to Set Location, OK, Scroll down Set Long then Lat then save, scroll to Go ‘Save Data and run’ thats it.

Now to scan, Goto Menu / Automatic Sat Scan scroll down to ‘Scan select’ and change to ‘All Sat’, thats it, go get a coffee while it scans.

echelon
28-08-2013, 03:45 PM
he seems to be using a vbox to position his 36v actuator

so I suspect he has to assign a positioner number to each and every satellite, as detailed in the billybits channel list notes

simon123
28-08-2013, 03:54 PM
echelon thats right i dont no wear im going rong when i set the vbox to say po 1 or to po2 it gos over the no then says po2 2 or 3 times but it still gos to the satllite eventually its seem any help would be apreshated

simon123
28-08-2013, 04:03 PM
im using a spiderbox 6000 i cant use billiy bits chanel file im using dark evels file cant seem to work it out

echelon
28-08-2013, 04:08 PM
im using a spiderbox 6000 i cant use billiy bits chanel file im using dark evels file cant seem to work it out

my point was that in the billybits zip file you used to get instructions (notes) for sorting out his channel list when using a vbox, I would have thought it is the same procedure for a 6000 spiderbox

I never told you to use a billybits channel file as its the incorrect type

he seems to be using a vbox to position his 36v actuator

so I suspect he has to assign a positioner number to each and every satellite, as detailed in the billybits channel list notes

simon123
28-08-2013, 04:24 PM
no my frend i havent used b b chanel list im using dark evels chanels list 1.2

simon123
28-08-2013, 04:27 PM
iv checked all the conections all is il what do u use a vbox or some thing else if not could put me on to some boday pleae that uses a vbox thank u again for ur help

echelon
28-08-2013, 04:31 PM
anyone using a vbox like you can see this thread and may reply , most members do not use vboxes or positioners so wont know how to answer your question (we tend to use diseqc motors and use usals or diseqc v1.2)

that is why I mentioned that billybits used to include instructions for vbox owners in his channel lists, but they do not seem to be in the latest zip files from him

if and when the correct vbox instructions are posted I will add them into the FAQ threads

simon123
28-08-2013, 04:44 PM
well what do u sugest my frend then thank u again for all ur help there must be some boday on hear that u no can help me

echelon
28-08-2013, 04:55 PM
I suggest you watch this _http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=273eSvOwpKk whilst you are waiting for a vbox owner to answer you

johnb582
28-08-2013, 05:12 PM
Hi
As you say not many VBox users left now, I had one and used it till it gave up on me but what a pain compaired to a Usals motor at around £26. I would buy one if you are motorized, Technomate do them also.
But with a 36v motor you have to manually find each Satellite by moving the motor in the Spider S/W Menu to a known FTA Channel on the Sat you are looking for (not easy at all knowing where the dish is) then store its position and give it a name or give it a name later when you know which Sat it is.
jbv

simon123
28-08-2013, 05:15 PM
spiderbox 6000 vbox set and the none usals

how do i do this please with the spider box 6000 could please explain please i thank u all again for the advise

johnb582
28-08-2013, 05:18 PM
Read your earlier post
jb

simon123
28-08-2013, 05:24 PM
how i do this with the spider box 6000 its difrent from the other spiders boxs

simon123
28-08-2013, 05:51 PM
right im on satellite lnb transponder diseqci.o-1.1 uncommitted 22k tone polarity motor unicable what do i do in this menu please to get things sorted

johnb582
28-08-2013, 05:57 PM
how i do this with the spider box 6000 its difrent from the other spiders boxs
Play with the Satellite Settings menus, they won't bite, then you will know, I had to do it.
jb

echelon
28-08-2013, 06:41 PM
looking at various posts regarding using vboxes and other satellite boxes, and reading billybits notes, it seems to me you do the following

set the spiderbox to use diseqc v1.2

then set the vbox up to the following example

I would think that if you are starting from scratch then start with say position 01 on 45 east and work your way round until you are on say 45 west so that the vbox steps around in order from left to right , from east to west

on a spiderbox list this translates to something like the following from billybits notes

around 38 in total ; like this

Satellite Positions Used.

1 45.0E , 2 42.0E , 3 40.0E , 4 39.0E , 5 36.0E , 6 33.0E
7 31.0E , 8 28.2E , 9 26.0E , 10 23.5E , 11 21.6E , 12 19.2E
13 16.0E , 14 13.0E , 15 10.0E , 16 9.0E , 17 7.0E , 18 4.8E
19 3.1E , 20 0.8W , 21 1.0W , 22 4.0W , 23 5.0W , 24 7.0W
25 8.0W , 26 11.0W , 27 12.5W , 28 15.0W , 29 18.0W , 30 22.0W
31 24.5W , 32 27.5W , 33 30.0W , 34 34.5W , 35 37.5W , 36 43.0W
37 45.0W , 38 58.0W

so you send the vbox to 45.0 east and lock it into position 1 , then 42.0 east and lock it to position 2 , keep going until all the positions are as above

then use the spiderbox in diseqc v1.2 mode and store 45.0 east to position 1 , 42 east to position 2 , and keep going until you have done them all up to 45 west on position 37

then when you select say 28.2 east on position 8 in the spiderbox, it tells the vbox to go to position 8 , which is where you stored astra 2

this would be true for almost any box using the vbox as a positioner, as you are translating from diseqc v1.2 commands to the actual vbox positions

so reset the vbox , set the positions from 45 east to 45 west according to the table, then set the spiderbox to the same postions in your diseqc v1.2 menu , when finished you should have about 37 positions stored in the vbox and in the spiderbox

and before you ask, I dont have a vbox, never used one , dont know anyone with one either , so stop telling me things that are not true, and stop spamming the forum too

DARKMAN
29-08-2013, 02:06 AM
Hi
As you say not many VBox users left now, I had one and used it till it gave up on me but what a pain compaired to a Usals motor at around £26. I would buy one if you are motorized, Technomate do them also.
But with a 36v motor you have to manually find each Satellite by moving the motor in the Spider S/W Menu to a known FTA Channel on the Sat you are looking for (not easy at all knowing where the dish is) then store its position and give it a name or give it a name later when you know which Sat it is.
jbv

You are right better buy the Disqce motor ..but no need go Technomate of it becous ethey will gave the fault to spiderbox.lol

Sponsor is here and have motors one of them is here the best one...
https://www.goldwafers.co.uk/Supreme-Intelligent-Dark-Motor-with-LED-Display-and-Metal-Gears-DiSEqC-1.2-USALS-Satellite-Dish-Motor.html

bnc
29-08-2013, 07:19 AM
Used a VBOX for many years with different receivers and it has always worked very well. Set it up as echelon says and you should have no problems. Found that Usals motor very slow compared with using a jack arm.

simon123
29-08-2013, 09:41 AM
in other words use the v pluse box septrly to find the sats then conect it uo to the spider box with the same posistions then it should work is that right thanks again

echelon
29-08-2013, 09:48 AM
in other words use the v pluse box septrly to find the sats then conect it uo to the spider box with the same posistions then it should work is that right thanks again

just try it and report back with your results

I spent a lot of time and effort putting that info together so you should spend some time and effort testing the theory

simon123
29-08-2013, 10:03 AM
ill let u no thank u again

echelon
29-08-2013, 10:04 AM
more or less , or use them both at the same time to do them one at a time

start with 45e and set both to position 1 and make sure they both work

then set position 2 to 42e and make sure that works on both

then set position 3 to 40e and make sure that works on both

keep going until you have reached 45w

if you miss any out or dont use them , still keep to the same numbering scheme in case you put them in later

the point about this is you need to have it all organised, which is why I made sure that almost every satellite was mentioned and given a number and the order goes from low to high as the dish moves around the arc

you can use that strongest transponders list I linked you to in the dish forum stickies to set each sat in turn using the transponders and channels listed in that list

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?58680-install-FAQ-thread post #6 has the strongest transponders in a list for this task

simon123
29-08-2013, 10:20 AM
hi what do u mean pls linked me to the dish forum

simon123
29-08-2013, 10:29 AM
just been thinking what abaut using black evels chanel list will that do there a 2 files what are there for one says dish possistion s

echelon
29-08-2013, 10:44 AM
there is only an ssu channel list with his latest channel list post

dont ask any more questions until you have done the task in hand here, which is sorting out your vbox with your spiderbox the way I have told you to do it

you have already been told that nobody else seems to be using the same as you are, so you are the guinea pig, the person tasked with sorting this out and reporting back for any other users who have similar equipment. somebody has to be the first to do a task, in this case that person seems to be you

I have written down what I believe you need to do and you have the job of checking that out and seeing if it is correct or not (it is correct for the VU boxes so I dont see any difference here on a spiderbox)

here is the thread you were told to use in another of your many threads and posts

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?58680-install-FAQ-thread , see post number 6

now do not post again until you have done the job you have been given the info to do

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so something like this with the blackdevil channel list and your vbox and positioner (using diseqc v1.2)

01 - Intelsat 12 (45*Ε)
02 - Turk*sat 1c/2a (42*E)
04 - Hellas Sat (39*E)
08 - Eurobird 1-astra 2a/2b/2d (28,5*E)
09 - Badr 3/4-eurobird 2 (26*Ε)
10 - Astra (23,5*E)
12 - Astra 1kr (19,2*E)
13 - Eutelsat W2 (16*E)
14 - Hotbird (13*E)
15 - Eutelsat W1 (10*E)
16 - Eurobird 9 (9*E)
17 - Eutelsat W3a (7*E)
18 - Sirius 2 (4,8*E)
19 - Eutelsat 3C (3,1*E)
20 - Thor-Intelsat (0,8*w-1*w)
22 - Amos 2 (4*w)
23 - Atlantic Bird 3 (5*w)
24 - Nilesat 101/102 (7*w)
26 - Express AM (11*W)
27 - Atlantic Bird 1 (12,5*w)
28 - Telestar 12 (15*w)
30 - Nss 7 (22*w)
31 - Intel 905 (24,5*W)
33 - Hispasat (30*w)

simon123
29-08-2013, 11:37 AM
yes its done the job thank u very much for the hard work its faster with the v box on its own conected to the spider box with the same posistions as the v box all is sorted what i did use black evils chanel file went in to spiderbox for the sat ie 42 east used the vbox to find the sat got it spider box to posision1 save the the same in the v box till i got to 30 west then conected the v box up to the spider box all i have to do now when i load a new chanel list is disconect the v box so i dont lose the posistions thank u again this has taken some sorting out

echelon
29-08-2013, 12:11 PM
yes its done the job thank u very much for the hard work its faster with the v box on its own conected to the spider box with the same posistions as the v box all is sorted what i did use black evils chanel file went in to spiderbox for the sat ie 42 east used the vbox to find the sat got it spider box to posision1 save the the same in the v box till i got to 30 west then conected the v box up to the spider box all i have to do now when i load a new chanel list is disconect the v box so i dont lose the posistions thank u again this has taken some sorting out

now you need to write down and keep safe the list of positions on the vbox , and with any new channel list make sure you have the same positions set in the list so they correspond and match up

the black devils diseqc v1.2 channel list does not follow the sequence I gave so its either make the vbox match the list, or make the list match the vbox

personally, I would make any new channel lists match the current vbox list, keeping the vbox the same from now on and making the channel lists do the work and match the vbox because everybodys channel list is going to be different than somebody elses, but your vbox stays the same

simon123
29-08-2013, 12:28 PM
ill do that just been wondering could make a chanel list up for the spider 6ooo u or m i would apreshate it my dish is nearly 16 years old its been good the day i bought it the wife plays hell abaut it in the back field its a 3 metter with a uager 1244 h to h motor on it its been very good i lost intrest in the hobay for a few years but got back in to it the dish has been just there all the time i havent had one bit of bother with it i thinking of going for c band i can get 5 east every thing and nile sat no problem ill get the hang of things thank u again for all the hatd work GREAT FORUM ps iv still got my old sct box i havent had it working for years great resever in the old days did every thing dont times change in this hobay

echelon
29-08-2013, 12:36 PM
already told you several times I do not have your equipment so cannot do anything other than the research I have already done for you

I have also told you that there will be few if any members who are using the spiderbox 6000 with a vbox, you may be the only one on here doing so

the vast majority of owners will have a diseqc/usals motor (like me) and will set up any channel lists to suit those motors, not yours

our motors will be darkmotors , stab motors , technomate motors, icecrypt motors or motek motors - all diseqc

therefore its your job to sort out any new channel lists to "fit in" with your vbox

everything I did was to just read the various bits of info on this forum, put it all into one place and add it into your threads

I have already posted the same info you were given in the spiderbox tutorial FAQ section here as well, for everybody to be able to find and use

the lists I post are for MY boxes and MY diseqc darkmotor and are not for use on YOUR box at all !

simon123
29-08-2013, 12:41 PM
well iv decided to keep the posiner seprate it is a lot faster i v printed every thing off so i no what im doing the dish dose move a lot faster with the pon on its own if both my great danes dont run after it i might go for a biger dish this year me and the bwife going back to thiland u can get mesh dishs very cheep up tp 5 m fold up like them in the usa £488 for cash with polor mount in th b of course

blackdevil
29-08-2013, 07:17 PM
I have vbox positioner as i am using a big dish .
The usage of vbox positioner is to giving the correct voltage to actuator so it can move the dish .

1)Just connect correctly vbox positioner with your dish and your receiver .
There is an Lnb In in vbox positioner that you must put in your cable coming from your dish .
Use another cable connecting it in vbox 's Lnb Out & in your receiver's Lnb In .
Now you can use Diseqc 1.2 or Usals ,same as a normal motor .
No difference at all .

2)When you store a satellite using Diseqc 1.2 ,your receiver has the ability giving you the chance to choose a position .
This position is also shown in vbox positioner .

simon123
29-08-2013, 08:17 PM
iv done all that mate iv had problems thats why me and e have soeted it

simon123
29-08-2013, 08:28 PM
to be honest its a basic box its not as good as the other 900boxs but at the end of the day it dose what it says on the box thats it u get what u pay for

blackdevil
29-08-2013, 10:19 PM
It is a low cost receiver for all kind of pockets .
Diseqc1.2 & Usals work same good as old series Spiderbox ,same and better as most expensive receivers, i can tell .
We released one of the best channel editors receiver can have and we have't finished our project .
So give us a little time and then you can judge receiver .

simon123
30-08-2013, 06:30 AM
im not saying its a bad resever its not bad ill wait and see what upgrades that come a long it would be beter if u could name the fav chanels like the 900 700 and the 99000 spider box whitch add the fav chanels named