PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: new Phantom patch 755P 28/8/13

holmroad
28-08-2013, 09:55 PM
I have today downloaded and started to test out Phantom's latest TM6900HD Super patch 755P, with the following MAJOR issue found when attempting to Blind Scan:-
Feedback patch 755P:-
Initial finding is that on my TM6900HD Super using new patch 755P the Blind Scan is completely 'shot' = dreadful, as it stops at 22% of search then the receiver total freezes up and a cold reboot (switch power off/on at back toggle switch) is only way out of it!
- this is first time I've had MAJOR probs with Blind Scan on TM6900HD Super, so I'm hoping the previously inherent issue experienced with other TM receivers this past year or two - e.g. TM5402HD etc - hope this issue has not been passed on into patch 755P?
Please correct this error Phantom, as this means I canno longer Blind Scan AT ALL and will have to enter frequencies etc from Lyngsat etc totally MANUALLY!!
This is surely unacceptable?
NB: Tried three different scan frequency 'interval' settings, 4MHZ, 2MHZ and 1MHZ - yet all froze up receiver at exactly the same point (22% scanned):Angryfire:mad:

nreans
28-08-2013, 11:40 PM
Loaded Ok for me but requires stb to be switched off and on again.

Does what it says, although some people may be disappointed with the new channel line up as the cryptoworks emu does not clear any premium channels.

Major bugbear for me with this and the previous patch is the inclusion of the switchable remote software. If you have two different TM series machines they constantly swop depending on the remote you are using. There seems no way to lock each one down to its correct series setting.

Hamrag1
29-08-2013, 10:33 AM
@holmroad - In view of your problem with 755p, and having a few hours to spare this morning, I Loaded 753 Patch by the recommended method then Tested the blind scan facility on 3.1 deg Sat. It found some 38 channels in around 35 minutes. I then deleted all the channels found, then installed 755p as per the usual method. Retesting the Blind Scan again with 755p it found some 49 channels in 33min without any problems. so in my case there is no problem using the Blind scan on 755p. From your description of the problem you experienced with the 755p Blind Scan, I wonder if you reach the maximum channel storage capacity of your memory when you reach 22% Scan ?. Have you tried deleting some of your stored channels then trying Blind scan again ?

manic01
29-08-2013, 11:56 AM
Fixed blindscan here new patch
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?163180-New-patch-TM6800-6900-super-7e-blindscan-fixed-29-aug-2013

KnockJohn
29-08-2013, 07:57 PM
Gosh, you wait all year for a new patch and then THREE come along all together... :)

DARKMAN
29-08-2013, 11:01 PM
Gosh, you wait all year for a new patch and then THREE come along all together... :)

When the Receiver is died ..is in the technomate way do noise-advertise...release 20 patches olds just change names and dates...to show stb is still a life do not matter if those patches ( are tested ) working or no.. Trust me from experience...lol

holmroad
30-08-2013, 12:04 AM
On my TM6900HD Super:-
As well as the impossible Blind Scan scenario, where scan totally freezes up receiver after 22% of scan every time regardless of scan interval selection and which has only EVER happened with patches 755P mks 1 & 2.
Plus I even tried splitting the Blind Scan into first 21% (up to freq 11560V) then 23% (11580 V to end) which ended up giving me over 700 new channels - and almost the same as I've been getting on 1w for years in ALL previous patches!
We also still find that Premium TV HD channels on 28E freeze up after 30-45 minutes, but audio continues!

SCT HD on 13E still freezes up immediately, yet audio continues!
Also when you first boot up after loading patch, then when you select 8281 for first time to open .... the first '''' states 'open' then whole TM6900HD Super freezes up and cold boot required to get it going again - on/off power required with rear toggle switch!!

Good points:-
xxxxxx Softcam works ok with 755P to open D..Tur. on 7E SD channels
Opens ORF SD & HD on 19E
Opens CS Link 23.5E SD channels but NOT HD ones
Opens Bulsat remaining Irdeto 2 channels on 39E

So still several important issues to fix please Phantom.:respect-048:

Italtony
30-08-2013, 02:40 AM

I agree but then it continues with one bodged patch after the nest with additional deterioration of other aspects which on previous patches were OK, as for me 753p works half way decent without reverting back to the old faithful 726p which personally I think is the most efficient patch of them all. I totally agree with what Darkman wrote and YES, be careful what you load because it might just be the last patch you load before your receiver goes in to a condition best known as R.I.P. None of the releases are digitally signed so you just don't know what your truly getting and it's a game of roulette your playing with your receiver.
Perhaps Darkman could consider a small comeback and create one stable patch
whereby everything works 100% flawlessly (EMU's are not essential) just a perfect
working patch an update of the 726p would be a miracle.

Well that's my view on this current poor situation of patches, my view round-up:

Stay with Patch 753p until a confirmed better solution is at hand and don't load anything unless your 100% sure what your loading

A BIG THANK YOU HOMROAD for putting your receiver at risk when testing patches...now lets hope this awful situation gets sorted and not that we have to wait another year?

Italtony
30-08-2013, 04:19 AM
@Holmroad

Just for you m8 I installed 755p and took the risk if only to discover what the issues are, I can confirm that there are NO blind scan issues with me as I did complete a full blind scan on 7 East achieving a total of 317 TV & 13 radio channels...so I guess it works?

Hope this helps...

bamber
30-08-2013, 09:39 AM
I have the 6800HD rather than the 6900HD and last night I loaded the latest 753p patch (note that the patch numbers are no longer in sync for the two models) and I noted one oddity at 7E, where Intimacy and Playboy TV both appear twice in the channel list. That duplication, in itself, is not unusual but, in each case, one of the channels works fine while the other causes the box to crash as soon as it is selected. I couldn't even delete the troublesome versions, because the box crashed as soon as I selected them in the delete channels menu. I'll try again during the day when those channels aren't broadcasting.

Also, I did find a few channels clearing at 1W.

holmroad
30-08-2013, 09:53 AM
@Holmroad

Just for you m8 I installed 755p and took the risk if only to discover what the issues are, I can confirm that there are NO blind scan issues with me as I did complete a full blind scan on 7 East achieving a total of 317 TV & 13 radio channels...so I guess it works?

Hope this helps...

Thanks for trying Tony - that IS very interesting and I DIDNT try any other than 1W which is a big satellite for transponders/channels. so I will try 7E today, but my point is that I personally have NEVER had Blind Scannin 1W major probs on all patches prior to 755P but have now!!
I will report back mate!:respect-055:

manic01
30-08-2013, 10:03 AM
These patches wont kill your stb.
Theres always a way back if the worst happens which it shouldn't
As these boxes are obsolete you are lucky to have any 3rd party support.

http://www.technomate.com/support/obsolete-models/

holmroad
30-08-2013, 01:03 PM
Blind scan worked fine with 7E Tony - so its obviously something thats suddenly appeared with patch 755P which hadnt happened on previous patches when scanning 1W!
I am only reporting what I personally find here - ok I keep being reminded that its an obsolete receiver, but so what, if a things worth doing..............???? lol!!!:respect-067:

holmroad
30-08-2013, 01:06 PM

http://www.technomate.com/support/obsolete-models/

Not really 'lucky' mate - in my opinion its part of a manufacturers responsibilty to its customers to continue to provide software updates, but not getting drawn into THAT one yet again mate!! lol!!- :nopity:

manic01
30-08-2013, 01:08 PM
No mate 3rd party updates are nothing to do with TM as they are illegal.
Only official TM updates are from TM
This goes for any supplier.
These boxes are old, how old is yours?

echelon
30-08-2013, 01:19 PM
Not really 'lucky' mate - in my opinion its part of a manufacturers responsibilty to its customers to continue to provide software updates, but not getting drawn into THAT one yet again mate!! lol!!- :nopity:

even if TM provided support for your box, it has nothing to do with this thread as this thread is about 3rd party phantom patches and not about official firmware

anyone wishing to discuss official TM firmware needs to start a new thread about it so that it can be discussed in a different "light" to those wishing to discuss "pirated software patches" like the phantom ones

the point here is that if you have an "obsolete" box that is no longer supported by the manufacturer, you have to think of being "lucky" that somebody is still breathing life into it with 3rd party non-technomate patches

Italtony
30-08-2013, 03:33 PM
even if TM provided support for your box, it has nothing to do with this thread as this thread is about 3rd party phantom patches and not about official firmware

anyone wishing to discuss official TM firmware needs to start a new thread about it so that it can be discussed in a different "light" to those wishing to discuss "pirated software patches" like the phantom ones

the point here is that if you have an "obsolete" box that is no longer supported by the manufacturer, you have to think of being "lucky" that somebody is still breathing life into it with 3rd party non-technomate patches

We are lucky true enough very lucky in-fact but breathing life in to a box as you mentioned for sure but releasing botched patches are two different things in my view

manic01
30-08-2013, 04:21 PM
7e works though

reddevil777
30-08-2013, 04:33 PM
could I use this patch for my 6800 hd non super as we haven't had an update for the non super boxes for ages or could one of our learned friends rework it to suit atb reddevil

manic01
30-08-2013, 05:10 PM
No just the super versions.

reddevil777
30-08-2013, 05:17 PM
looks like a 5402 hd m2 shall b coming my way soon I hope lol thanks and atb reddevil

DARKMAN
30-08-2013, 08:35 PM

http://www.tech##############t/obsolete-models/

This answer by RED is the arrogance of technomate to their ppl's and their customers.
They even could not control their self and be come upset from the reality..
Listen Manik min do not gave them advertise FREE because that web has even RETAIL selling Online Technomate is no more Wholesaler..
For Respect of the Sponsor here i invade just to add their answer copy past not their web..I am sure you did not done with bad intention just to inform people...But please you understand what i mean delete the link..and add their Arrogance answer here if you prefer.

holmroad
30-08-2013, 10:33 PM

As far as I'm concerned this thread is about feedback on patch 755P - and if other things of interest come up as that discussion goes on I will say it - this is a DISCUSSION forum and 'discuss' we do - surely?
I find it amazing that anyone can actually want to make out that anything else may be on offer here - its all about OPINIONS - free country and all that?
Please don't keep making 'something out of nothing' you guys!
Why do people get so defensive sometimes about extraneous matters - ok I give up I'm always wrong anyway!! lol!!! :nopity:

holmroad
30-08-2013, 10:35 PM
could I use this patch for my 6800 hd non super as we haven't had an update for the non super boxes for ages or could one of our learned friends rework it to suit atb reddevil

No mate, sorry, no chance!:respect-055:

Italtony
31-08-2013, 01:37 AM
As far as I'm concerned this thread is about feedback on patch 755P - and if other things of interest come up as that discussion goes on I will say it - this is a DISCUSSION forum and 'discuss' we do - surely?
I find it amazing that anyone can actually want to make out that anything else may be on offer here - its all about OPINIONS - free country and all that?
Why do people get so defensive sometimes about extraneous matters - ok I give up I'm always wrong anyway!! lol!!! :nopity:

I agree with you holmroad we are all here to discuss the new patches as and when they happen but goes to show...months on end this forum just died of boredom with about 1 post every 3 months on average, it only takes new firmware to get the ball rolling again and behold we have made more posts in the last 3 days than we have all year....just an observation

echelon
31-08-2013, 08:54 AM

there is no discussion when people make incorrect statements like you have done recently and in the past

manufacturers are only obliged by law to make sure that items are of merchantable quality and fit for purpose (legal purposes only)

also there is no law that will guarantee any supplied software here in the uk, not yet anyway , and any new law definitely WILL NOT cover illegal software like patches

so in the main you will find that items containing software (firmware) like a tv or dvd recorder or pc motherboard or satellite box comes with a factory installed firmware, that firmware stays as it is unless the manufacturer or owners discover a flaw or defect and they are then obliged to issue a fix for that flaw or defect in order to make the equipment compatible with the law (fit for purpose)

there is no law that covers the statement you made regarding updates for updates sake or ad infinitum, and the law here in the uk clearly states that manufacturers are no longer obliged to update or fix their products after 6 years (5 in scotland)

it is MY OPINION that your technomate boxes (or other boxes) have NOT seen the official manufacturers firmware since the day you all bought them, so dont talk cr*p on this forum as I have been around too long and know different !! . my tm1500 is on that list and hasnt seen the official manufacturers firmware in maybe 8 or 9 years !

lastly, I will say this again for clarity

NOBODY IS STOPPING YOU DISCUSSING EITHER SUBJECT ON HERE , BUT THREADS HAVE TO REMAIN ON TOPIC

your opinions also have to comply with the law and the rules here too, and no it is not a "free country" , its governed by the rules applied to each and every business or topic (you all agreed to our rules here when you signed up) - this is a private members "club" and has its own house rules that members will stick to

therefore, as we do not charge for new threads to be opened , you as members will stick to the topic of the opening post and thread title, and you will open separate threads to discuss other topics, as per the rules here (rule 7 in this case)

in this case open a new thread if you wish to take this further and discuss official manufacturers firmware, softwares or policy

I did point this out in post #16 too

this thread is about feedback for the 755p patch and that is all that will be allowed to be discussed in it, otherwise the thrust of the thread is lost

if there was a 756p patch , or 757p patch then you open a new thread for each and every discussion you wish to raise and stick to the topic being discussed, otherwise the thread will be closed

so to reiterate, nobody is stopping discussion of either topic, but members are reminded to stay on topic and to open new threads when a topic deviates and to continue the new topic in the new discussion thread (as per rule 7) and as previously mentioned in post #16

further discussions in this thread should be about the main topic that holmroad opened, the 755p phantom patch (which is a third party patch and not an official technomate firmware)

echelon
31-08-2013, 09:05 AM
I agree with you holmroad we are all here to discuss the new patches as and when they happen but goes to show...months on end this forum just died of boredom with about 1 post every 3 months on average, it only takes new firmware to get the ball rolling again and behold we have made more posts in the last 3 days than we have all year....just an observation

agreed, so open new topics on each issue and discuss those topics separately, we do not charge for opening a new thread on separate topics, so anyone wishing to discuss something other than the 755p patch started by the OP as a separate topic, feel free to open your own discussion thread and remain on topic within that thread (rule 7)

I did point this out in post #16 too

the OP has been warned on several occasions when he has h*jacked a topic or thread and taken it off topic, so knows what I am talking about, BUT in this case its his topic and it will remain on topic

every day I find threads that have been h*jacked and taken off topic and the posts are deleted as spam and sometimes the offenders are warned about it. sometimes posts are reported due to being off topic, or in the wrong thread, so the mods here do a lot of tidying up and what members see is a structured well run forum with sections on different topics and threads on sub-topics in each section, where the posts and replies are relevant to the actual topic posted.

as a worst case example, if somebody started a post in here about spiderboxes or a tm5402 I would remove it as its totally off topic, in that it does not relate to the opening post at all. if somebody asked in this thread for a football feed for todays matches on his tm6000 I would remove it as the numpty should have posted in the football feeds section as it has nothing to do with this topic or even a tm6000 ! this happens all the time causing work for the staff here, so anyone creating extra work for us gets punished for it, especially if they have not read the rules and have not complied with the house rules here

but if that member posts in the football feeds section opening a new topic for his feed request, no action is taken because that member took the time to decide where his topic would be posted appropriately and correctly and within the house rules

holmroad
07-09-2013, 09:05 AM
Currently trying out a 'beta test version 013P' patch with TM6900HD Super but seems not a lot different to 755P, blind scan on 1W still fails at 22% completed - but opens Bulsat 39E, TNT Sat 19E, ORF 19E and Dig..k at 7E with latest softcam - but NOT CS Link at 23.5E - so STILL not QUITE there!!:respect-067:

Italtony
08-09-2013, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the update holmroad much appreciated, again with 013p it just shows that updates are never stable...if something was working 100% before in a previous patch as did CS Link and now it doesn't and blind scan working perfect in previous patches and now it doesn't you seriously have to question the competence of the person behind these patches for never being able to get it right. Updates in my view these days is like the lottery hoping that one day we might strike lucky, but given the fact it's a discontinued model we all can't part with I guess appreciative we remain nevertheless...

holmroad
08-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Yes Tony, but we MUST be that much closer now, I'm sure/more confident that for these 'obsolete' models of TM receivers such as my TM6900HD Super, we really CANNOT over-complain!! lol!!:respect-057:

holmroad
09-09-2013, 12:46 AM
Maybe I should consider closing this thread if nobody else has any useful feedback as we again now await a new patch yet again - presumably 756P - never DID get a 754P!! lol!!
Will have another look later today!:respect-055:

manic01
09-09-2013, 07:59 AM
The missing numbers like 754p are for unreleased non working patches.

holmroad
09-09-2013, 06:03 PM
Either way, I may now revert to patch 753P personally as at least the blind search on 1W was seemingly working ok on that one! I will load patch and try it and report back later!:king-042:

stroker
10-09-2013, 09:09 PM
Hi Holmroad - did you miss the post by Manic on 29'th?
There is a second version of 755p released on the 29'th which supposedly has a fix for the blind scan.
I have tried a blind scan on 1W using this and it worked fine for me finding 724 channels.

I still have problems with the pvr - file list shows recordings but no video is shown and recordings do not start when this happens.

I also notice the Eurosport, Eurosport2 and Eurosport News on 7E clear with this patch.
If you set Audio to "Oriya" it is usually in English.

holmroad
11-09-2013, 10:49 AM
Yes mate thanks - tried them both on my TM6900HD Super but similar results - so tried 1W Blind Scan on 753P but still stops at 22% completed, so as I never tested that feature then (well you dont check all THAT do you?) I imagine it may have been an 'unknown' issue before 753P too?
I'm now back on 755P mark 2 (29/8/13!) - so maybe this thread can still remain active as new issues still arising all the time to report back to Phantom/TM!:respect-067:

stroker
11-09-2013, 05:10 PM
Since loading 755p I did a factory reset and rebuilt my channel list.
I am wondering if you are using an old channel list there may be something in that which is causing the blind scan problem.
You could try a factory reset followed by a blind scan when you have no channels stored this may give some clues to the cause of the problem if it works.
Have you tried deleting 1W channels before blind scanning?
You could also try going into advanced scan and deleting the transponders on 1W around your problem frequency before blind scanning.
Just a few suggestions which may be worth a try - good luck!

holmroad
11-09-2013, 11:52 PM
Since loading 755p I did a factory reset and rebuilt my channel list.
I am wondering if you are using an old channel list there may be something in that which is causing the blind scan problem.
You could try a factory reset followed by a blind scan when you have no channels stored this may give some clues to the cause of the problem if it works.
Have you tried deleting 1W channels before blind scanning?
You could also try going into advanced scan and deleting the transponders on 1W around your problem frequency before blind scanning.
Just a few suggestions which may be worth a try - good luck!

Thanks for the suggestions mate, some of which I've already tried - e.g. when I load on new patches I always factory reset twice during the procedure anyway - and if I deleted all the old transponders etc I may risk being left with none when the Blind Scan fails at 22% - after all its never happened before - plus when I try patch 726P (the last really reliable one!!) it works fine, so it MUST be something contained in the patch? Obviously I can restore my old channel list anyway which I backup immediately before applying the new patch!
The best thing I found - albeit very messy - was to allow scan to go as far as 21% (11560V) and allow it to complete 'part 1' at that, then start 'part 2' at 11570V thus enabling parts 1 & 2 to give me at least 99.999% of a TOTAL 'one part' Blind Scan!:respect-055:

stroker
12-09-2013, 06:31 PM
I have deleted all the transponders on W1 using advanced search - took a while!
I can confirm that when you restore your channel list the transponders are also restored.
So there is no need to worry about loosing transponders when you do this since you can restore them.

The blind scan I did with 4Mhz step found 724 channels in 80 transponders with nothing between 11489V and 11727V - your problem area.
I will try scanning again with 1Mhz step and get back to you - what step are you using?

stroker
12-09-2013, 08:08 PM
I did a blind scan with 1Mhz step on 1W
Found 86 transponders with 736 channels.
No transponders/channels found between 11525V and 11727V.
These results are with an 80cm in South Wales.

holmroad
12-09-2013, 10:46 PM
Well I tried three scan intervals - 1MHZ, 2MHZ & 4MHZ mate - and all three stopped for ME at 22% - which seems really odd eh?
Plus, as I've said, I have factory reset on numerous occasions - well EVERY occasion - and still get this 1W issue, so maybe I should try the Advanced search, but surely that simply searches everything you've already previously 'blind scanned' - so are you REALLY saying that you've carried out the simpler Advanced Search closely followed by a Blind Search?:confused:

stroker
13-09-2013, 02:48 AM
Not really I just used the advanced search to delete the transponders before doing the blind scan because it's the only way I know to delete them. Perhaps there is an easier way but I don't delete transponders very often. With advanced search you can as you say search prevoiusly used transponders individually. You can also manually enter transponders and delete existing ones.

Let me try to explain my train of thought.
Doing a factory reset is a great way to clear all your data and make sure all memory has valid data in it. If after the factory reset you re-load data from your channel list file it may contain some data which is invalid in some way as far as the new patch is concerned. Phantom would always try to make the data compatible between patches but sometimes it is not possible or he may have simply made a mistake.

Your results suggest there is a problem in the patch but since I do not see the problem there may be a way around it without having to wait for the next patch.

What I want to do is prove my theory. I think it would be a good idea if you could let me have your channel list so I can load it and see if I get the same problem as you. Perhaps you can post the file here or PM it to me. I am working night shift this week but I should be able to find some time to have a quick look at it.

holmroad
13-09-2013, 10:47 AM
I see what you mean mate, its only the TRANSPONDERS we are deleting in tha Advanced Search first, THEN carry out Blind Scan - so I will try that and report back!
Its also a bit odd though that other satellites are Blind Scanning fine - so maybe there is some sort of corruption in MY 1W listing which the deletions will obliterate - PLUS I'll still have my backed up Channel List!:respect-067:

manic01
13-09-2013, 11:50 AM
And you an ex moderator on a satellite forum lol

holmroad
14-09-2013, 12:59 PM
Not really I just used the advanced search to delete the transponders before doing the blind scan because it's the only way I know to delete them. Perhaps there is an easier way but I don't delete transponders very often. With advanced search you can as you say search prevoiusly used transponders individually. You can also manually enter transponders and delete existing ones.

Let me try to explain my train of thought.
Doing a factory reset is a great way to clear all your data and make sure all memory has valid data in it. If after the factory reset you re-load data from your channel list file it may contain some data which is invalid in some way as far as the new patch is concerned. Phantom would always try to make the data compatible between patches but sometimes it is not possible or he may have simply made a mistake.

Your results suggest there is a problem in the patch but since I do not see the problem there may be a way around it without having to wait for the next patch.

What I want to do is prove my theory. I think it would be a good idea if you could let me have your channel list so I can load it and see if I get the same problem as you. Perhaps you can post the file here or PM it to me. I am working night shift this week but I should be able to find some time to have a quick look at it.

Hi mate - deleted all the transponders one by one, thus leaving 1W with NOTHING left!
Then I Blind Scanned it from scratch - yet it STILL stopped at 22% etc!!
So I noticed that at 22% it had stopped on 11675V, so again (I'd done this next thing before anyway!!) I did a part 1 scan to 11675V (11515V being the last channel actually stored), which meant I now have a grand total of 769 new channels after adding part 2 (from 11690V) scan of 369 scanned on! lol!!:respect-067:

stroker
14-09-2013, 05:43 PM
HI mate - just checked and from the last time I scanned I do not see any transponders between 11525V and 11727V.
I looked on Lyngsat and it shows only 3 feeds on 11677V, 11682V and 11687V in this range and also one on 11673V.
So I would say you are probably not missing anything important.
For now I think you will just have to put up with it the way it is.

It would be interesting if you could do a blind scan after a factory reset and without loading your channel list.
This would prove if it is something in you channel list file which is upsetting things.
But I am beginning to think you could be wasting your time for little if any benefit.

stroker
14-09-2013, 07:50 PM
FYI ********* show a Tandberg feed transponder on 11675V SR4423 using a spot1 beam.
They also suggest I would need a 90cm dish to receive it so my 80cm is not big enough.
Maybe this is why I don't see the problem you have.
Why would the signal from that transponder cause the TM to hang up?

holmroad
15-09-2013, 01:30 PM
FYI ********* show a Tandberg feed transponder on 11675V SR4423 using a spot1 beam.
They also suggest I would need a 90cm dish to receive it so my 80cm is not big enough.
Maybe this is why I don't see the problem you have.
Why would the signal from that transponder cause the TM to hang up?

Thats interesting mate yes - as I have a 1.1M dish, maybe it could be that?
I did notice that after I'd deleted all the transponders I seemed to have a 'zero' line left at the end which I couldn't delete, yet the satellite (now minus any channels) had certainly 'ceased to exist' on the channel list from which you select which channel to select to go to next - i.e. instead of freq etc showing in various 'lines' there were all zeroes, if you see what I mean?:respect-050:
I certainly could post here MY Channel Lists, both before and after deleting and re-scanning 1W, but not sure if you'd see anything of interest anyway mate?

stroker
15-09-2013, 05:13 PM
I agree I don't think there is any point of me seeing your channel lists.
I think we have proved that patch 755p has a problem with transponder 11675V on 1W.
Since you know a way around the problem for now I don't think there is anything else we can do apart from hope that Phantom may fix it in the next patch.
I am pleased that I can clear Eurosport1&2 on 7E at they seem to be in English at least most of the time.
The zero line you saw after deleting all the transponders I think is normal, I'm sure I had the same.

Now what are the other problems?
I still have PVR troubles I think I may try a solid state hard drive or maybe deleting a lot of my old recordings may help.
I thinks I have seen jerky problems on some HD UK Freesat channels not that there are many of those!
That's all I can think of at the moment. Anyway back to work tonight, life's a bitch!

holmroad
15-09-2013, 10:41 PM
PVR is fine on mine mate - espec from EPG!
Thanks for your useful feedback and interest though - its been really interesting AND heartening as I'd started to believe I was going slightly mad as Freddie would have sung!! lol!!!:respect-067:

kenlhuk
16-09-2013, 07:03 PM
Have been running 755p for 2 weeks now and have found to be good- Thanks.
PVR recording fine from EPG and manual settings.
Only slight niggle is that on replaying/using progress bar to move guickly, the audio can chop for up to 6 seconds before settling, sometimes had to pause/play to sort. Has peen present on quite a number of patches but liveable with.
Checked "Blind Scan" on 1west leaving original transponder list and 4Mhz step OK.
Rechecked having deleted transponder/channel lists using 1 & 4 Mhz steps, OK. (Used CT 318 to edit).
(11,675V was not active when I did the tests so it may have a non standard transport stream).
8281 OK. Have not noticed jerky pictures on this version, but the cure on earlier versions was to hit the "Menu" button twice to cure
So well done.

Thanks again
Ken H

Hamrag1
16-09-2013, 08:18 PM
Hi holmroad,
Just a thought, 11,625V would be the first channel after the LNB Osc switch at 11600. I wonder if either your LNB is at fault, or the settings are slightly out ??

holmroad
16-09-2013, 11:02 PM
Hi holmroad,
Just a thought, 11,625V would be the first channel after the LNB Osc switch at 11600. I wonder if either your LNB is at fault, or the settings are slightly out ??

Good suggestion mate, but used my brand new black inverto as recommended by numerous colleagues on Pimps on two occasions and my former white Sharpe LNB on another occasion, so don't THINK its down to LNB mate!
As for settings, which one(s) exactly please?:respect-013:

holmroad
16-09-2013, 11:10 PM
Have been running 755p for 2 weeks now and have found to be good- Thanks.
PVR recording fine from EPG and manual settings.
Only slight niggle is that on replaying/using progress bar to move guickly, the audio can chop for up to 6 seconds before settling, sometimes had to pause/play to sort. Has peen present on quite a number of patches but liveable with.
Checked "Blind Scan" on 1west leaving original transponder list and 4Mhz step OK.
Rechecked having deleted transponder/channel lists using 1 & 4 Mhz steps, OK. (Used CT 318 to edit).
(11,675V was not active when I did the tests so it may have a non standard transport stream).
8281 OK. Have not noticed jerky pictures on this version, but the cure on earlier versions was to hit the "Menu" button twice to cure
So well done.

Thanks again
Ken H
Hi Ken I may also revert to patch 755P - do you mean the 28/8 or the 29/8 one mate - as CS Link on 23.5E not working with Beta Test patch 013P I'm currently on!
However my other cause for concern is that you are stating that you HAVE successfully Blind scanned 1W which had also stopped for ME at 22% - as with 013P - but to be fair I hadn't actually used Blind Scan on 1W for ages anyway so not sure WHERE or WHEN (patchwise) it had begun to occur!
Thanks for your very useful/comprehensive feedback as requested though mate!:respect-055:

kenlhuk
17-09-2013, 06:38 PM
Hi Holmroad,
Was using the second 455p issued on 29/08/2013.
I have to admit I very rarely use blindscan, but seeing you had had trouble thought I would check it.
Re 8281 not using 23e.

Ken H

holmroad
18-09-2013, 12:33 AM
Hi Holmroad,
Was using the second 455p issued on 29/08/2013.
I have to admit I very rarely use blindscan, but seeing you had had trouble thought I would check it.
Re 8281 not using 23e.

Ken H

CS Link is a package on 23.5E mate, which DOES open ok with patch 755P and latest softcam! So nothing to do with 8281 for this point mate!!:cup-006:

Italtony
18-09-2013, 03:31 PM
Just to confirm CS Link on 23.5E working 100% using Diablo 2 cam so it's the emulator in the patch not working

manic01
18-09-2013, 03:45 PM
Yes of course we all knew that lol

Merliin
19-09-2013, 10:04 AM
I have tried patch 7.55p but several issues including Blind Scan function not working as it was intended lead me to go back to 7.53p but Bulsat not working on this version? so will go back to an earlier patch

The Blind scan works best on a much earlier patch that I will attempt to find I think it was Dec 2010 ?

Merliin
19-09-2013, 11:05 AM
After a furter test of 7.55p went back to patch 7.35p issued 8th Dec 2010

Blind Scan works very well for example:- Transponders close together do not overwrite the previous transponder symbol rate,

24.5 west 11674 V 27500 NTA ect only appears once in the found channels window instead of duplicated as with all patches after 7.39p

Bulsat works ok 39 east but ORF,MTV ect not clearing on 19.2 east neither do channels on 23.5 east, all Biss ok after 2 factory resets I may go on to try 7.38p later but for now I will stick with 7.35p.

Merliin
19-09-2013, 02:25 PM
TM6900HD Super+ Now trying 7.37p Bulsat ok, ORF ok,MTV Rocks ect ok,no encrypted clearing on 23.5 east,5 east nordic tv ok on all patches,CCcam disconnect after 20 min,

Blind Scan works just as well with 7.37p as it did with 7.35p so this will do me for now as I mainly use this receiver for quick feed hunting,

I do hope that this feedback helps for further upgrades improvements as 7.53p & 7.55p the latest patch needs a few more modifications to improve the receivers performance.

holmroad
19-09-2013, 05:36 PM
Patch 737P was the last one after 726P which USED to open the old Irdeto 2 channels C ned on 19E too mate, so I know its a good one - not as good as 726P but best of the old ones in my opinion!
Obviously Digi***k 7E wont open with it, as it does with 755P, but thats YOUR choice mate - I think this package at 7E is REALLY worth having, but obviously thats up to you!:respect-069:

Italtony
20-09-2013, 03:09 AM
Yes of course we all knew that lol

@maniac01

You always seem to be very quick of the mark in "mock" criticizing members comments with pointless sarcastic one liners not actually producing any patch testing finds yourself here for us to share, your lack of any positive input is an observation that seems to have a menacing impact if nothing else and a contribution which quite frankly I am sure members would appreciate not having the benefit of...

manic01
20-09-2013, 09:00 AM
Thanks much appreciated.
I made that reply because you stated the obvious.

Italtony
20-09-2013, 04:17 PM
Thanks much appreciated.
I made that reply because you stated the obvious.

The obvious for you maybe but not for those members that don't have a Diablo 2 cam wondering if the provider is still active but irrespective your comments are of impolite nature and selfish so it seems.

manic01
21-09-2013, 07:22 AM
And you can carry on regardless.

Merliin
21-09-2013, 09:58 AM
TM6900HD Super+
Now re testing 7.38p issued Jan 31st 2011

Bulsat ok,
ORF ok,
MTV Rocks ect ok,
CS Link not working on 23.5 east,
5 east nordic tv ok on all patches,
no Digi Turk on 7 east,

Blind Scan works just as well with 7.38p as it did with 7.35p

CCCam disconnects after 10 min just change channels & it is ok again,

7.55p is almost there but the Blind Scan can be as good as it is on 7.38p with a bit more work on the patch,

I hope that this feedback helps for further upgrades improvements as 7.55p the latest patch needs a few more modifications to improve the receivers performance.

holmroad
21-09-2013, 11:55 AM
Only problem is merliin mate, that many of us believe that Phantom/TM no longer read this forum's comments - but 'just in case they do........!!!
Thanks for your troble in testing merliin - I'm sure we'll get there very soon mate!:respect-067::respect-055:

manic01
22-09-2013, 09:53 AM
Thanks for feedback,
CS link will not work on patches previous to the hack being implemented.

holmroad
22-09-2013, 01:16 PM
Quite true mate, but I suppose we are all at least ATTEMPTING to list what IS and ISN'T currently working - for Phantom/TM's benefits, just in case they become even MORE confused than they already obviously are!! lol!!:iagree:

Italtony
22-09-2013, 03:27 PM
I personally am not bothered about what emulation the box can open as I CS but also have cams & cards which open many channels , what concerns me most about the patches is that we have one working correctly for what the functions of the unit was designed for. With every new patch there's always issues with previously did not exist, suffice to say when you look at other patches form other units most are carried out satisfactory and not bodged as they mostly seem to be with Technomate.

The one true reliable patch is and remains P726 which if I am not mistaken is not even a Phantom patch, if memory serves me correct it's a Darkman patch? Perhaps we should address the issues we experience to Darkman and instead ask him kindly if he can sort out one "LAST" descent working patch with that we can all be happy with and enjoy the receiver until it's perishing time because this constant run of bodged up patches is my view is pointless and defeats the purpose of what a true working patch is designed for.

manic01
23-09-2013, 07:57 AM
The patches have always been written by the korean engineers.
You can put what name you want to them.

holmroad
23-09-2013, 01:08 PM
True, but they always worked much more efficiently in the CO-OPERATIVE days between TM & DM eh!
It was BRILLIANT then, because all patches were obviously properly & thoroughly tested out before ever being released!
THATS what we are all now missing - if only.............!!!:respect-055:

manic01
23-09-2013, 01:25 PM
Yes When they were released by The Darkman they generally always worked spot on.
He didn't let any crap be released.
It seems now patches are released without checking just to appease people.
99% of patches are faulty in one way or another or even 100% faulty.
At the end of the day, money needs to be paid to sw writers, if it is not then you see what happens.

mdt
23-09-2013, 01:55 PM
Thanks for feedback,
CS link will not work on patches previous to the hack being implemented.

not totally true m8, @zorch had cslink going on a TM7655 with software from 2009 or before i think just by loading the softcam/editing the keyfile. all TM stb,s are sold as FTA/official card support only and as such anything that we get from @phantom or whoever is a bonus and for me the biggest thing on the emulator is the b*** function,regards mdt

holmroad
23-09-2013, 11:52 PM
Here's a real KILLER for the latest patches - I have noticed more and more that my TM6900HD Super has been locking up immediately I boot up from cold!
I suspected a possible problem with the Power Board and changed a bulging capacitor over the weekend, thinking reasonably that this would remedy the problem - but NO I cannot even then get the stb to stay on unfrozen even after constantly switching off/on at the back!
I have been testing test 'beta' patches direct from TM/Phantom, plus patches 752P, 753P, two lots of 755P (28 & 29/8) - all with same prob!
So I've now reverted to patch 726P - and its now ALL FINE - so SOMETHING in these crap patches is now also causing power supply problems - on TOP of everything else!
Needless to say I'm feeling very peeved with all this - even more so!:mad:

manic01
24-09-2013, 07:53 AM
not totally true m8, @zorch had cslink going on a TM7655 with software from 2009 or before i think just by loading the softcam/editing the keyfile. all TM stb,s are sold as FTA/official card support only and as such anything that we get from @phantom or whoever is a bonus and for me the biggest thing on the emulator is the b*** function,regards mdtYes I stand corrected mate, he has TM5400 working as well.
Must have the fix in them from old, they dont just work straight off keys.

holmroad
25-09-2013, 12:32 AM
@Holmroad

Hope this helps...

Hi again Tony, just as a matter of interest did you ever try blind scanning all 1W whilst under patch 755P (29/9 version!) please mate - and I apologise if I've missed your comments if you DID post about it!!:cup-006:

holmroad
25-09-2013, 11:32 AM
Further progress report:-
Here we go guys, two days after reverting to patch 726P and much TM6900HD Super usage since, I have still had NO lock-up problems AT ALL with my stb - so to ME at least this proves conclusively that whoever is currently producing the Phantom patches (whether in London, Korea or Timbuktu) is not adjusting something in the patch basic software to allow for the extra strain put on the PSU by all these additional softcam features, such as ORF, TNT Sat, CS Link, Bulsat, Digit**k, 7 day EPG, etc etc - so I'm CONVINCED thats all it is and that ANY patchmaker worth his salt SHOULD be able to make these adjustments to the PSU settings accordingly!:respect-069:

manic01
25-09-2013, 02:21 PM
Time you moved on mate lol
Plenty of other stb's out there.

holmroad
25-09-2013, 11:51 PM
Just as a matter of interest guys, here's MY feedback to THEIR feedback on the Download Centre site:-
Thanks for YOUR feedback on MY comments regards me being back on 726P on my TM6900HD Super with NO power probs!
However it does lack the following softcam features/extras which were NOT on original 726P in 2010:-

ORF on 19E
TNT Sat 19E
CS Link 23.5E
Bulsat on 39E
Digiturk on 7E
UPC on 1W

Plus the 7 day EPG is not on patch 726P, so cannot test EPG recording beyond two programmes ahead, but basic PVR function is fine!
SCT HD on 13E works fine on 726P, no picture freezing!
28E works fine on 726P without freezing after 30-60mins as experienced on 755P etc!

I believe this is all that I personally am seeking to be added to patch 726P - if anyone else wishes to contribute I suggest they do - QUICKLY please!

Thank you Phantom/TM - this is most appreciated - especially after all my PSU probs with patches 013P, 755P (x2) and 753P, also Blind Scan seems to be fine on 726P!:respect-046:

stroker
26-09-2013, 04:10 AM
Hi Holmroad - I'm sorry to here you are seeing problems with your PSU on the latest patches.
I can only think that these patches for some reason cause a greater loed on the PSU and show up problems you did not know you had.
As yet I have not seen this problem but I thought it may be of help to tell you of my PSU problem I had a while ago.

When I looked at the capacitors on my PSU I could not find any bulging ones so I thought the PSU was ok.
I was not seeing any problems at the time but thought I might fix them before they happened.
Any way I noticed a couple of the caps were getting quite hot - by placing a finger on the end of the caps I could feel they were much hotter than any of the others. I replaced the caps with new ones which ran very much cooler. These caps not the biggest on the board - sorry I cannot tell you which they were.

Perhaps you can feel your caps to see if you have any hot ones - it may be worth a try!
Be careful where you are putting you fingers there are some high voltages in the PSU, full wave rectified mains gives around 360V dc.
Touching the ends of the caps is not a problem.

holmroad
26-09-2013, 11:56 PM
@stroker:- Cheers mate, that's a very interesting observation but whilst I'm currently getting no probs at all using patch 726P - albeit fair comment with a lower strain as less sophistication built into this patch - there's no point, but if, as promised Phantom/TM provides a new patch based TOTALLY on 726P plus the softcams, EPG, etc additions - and it THEN starts playing up again I may get a new PSU ex TM as I've been told Richard may do one for approx. £25, which would assure me in that area of concern?
Regards stroker mate!:respect-051:

manic01
27-09-2013, 08:26 AM
Better off putting towards new stb.

holmroad
27-09-2013, 11:49 AM
Why, I LIKE my TM6900HD Super - why shouldnt I want to keep it going as long as possible, PLUS I'm a pensioner with no extra income mate!! lol!! Ok get out the violin!!
But its TRUE!!:nopity:

manic01
27-09-2013, 11:50 AM
Fair shout, but they are old and better cheaper is available now.

holmroad
27-09-2013, 11:56 AM
Fair shout, but they are old and better cheaper is available now.

Just remind me what YOU are currently using please manic01 - just in case!! lol!!
(Mind you, so far so good on patch 726P, no PSU probs at all - and at least for time being dont really need the softcam additions from after this patch, while can still use 8281 etc!
Its just the 'hobby' aspect of being able to get as mush FREE as possible on satellite eh mate?):respect-050::respect-055:

manic01
27-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Currently using tm5402 m1 and m2 spider 6000 openbox s9 tm5400 tm1500 tmtwin eagle 800 eagle sd the list goes on.

holmroad
27-09-2013, 11:19 PM
Cheers mate, I THOUGHT you were using a TM5402HD, amongst all the OTHER TM's too I notice, I was thinking about getting the 5402HD too a year or so ago, but have noticed even worse reviews/reports about poor patches on that model than on my 6900HD Super - if that CAN really be possible??!! lol!!!:respect-051:

Italtony
28-09-2013, 02:21 AM
Hi again Tony, just as a matter of interest did you ever try blind scanning all 1W whilst under patch 755P (29/9 version!) please mate - and I apologise if I've missed your comments if you DID post about it!!:cup-006:

OK..just so that you know, I just completed a full blind scan on 1W and all channels were found in fact even more that I had previously and it worked all the way to 100% without any glitches. I then Blind scanned 7W (Arab Content) and then 13 E and then 28E I had no issues with any of them and got all channels.

I also tested S*Y28E-S*Y13E & C+1W using 8281 and they are working 100% flawlessly without any freezing whatsoever

I also tested various cams...Dragon, Matrix and Diablo 2 and are all working perfectly, I also have a few cards which I tested including official subscription S*Y28E and everything is opening fine here using the cards.

I don't have any of the problems yo mentioned when switching the unit ON neither does the unit switch off or have any power issues.

I am using the latest: Phantompatch-TM6900HDSuper_755p-29-08-2013

I hope this clears any doubts about this patch, it has taken me some time to configure my unit but I got it spot on and I have also edited some channel data using NDFedit to make things tidy and remove any unwanted garbage form the data especially in the radio data as this sometimes can give issues to the TV data as I doscovered such as EPG data in the radio channel list so this is best sorted out with the editor manually.

I hope we can now put this patch to sleep and move ON that is we do ever move on to another patch but I will stay with this one now for some time I think.

FINAL TIP: I don't put no other receiver on top or under the TM 6900HDS as this causes the power circuit to over heat and sufficient cooling should be the norm to ensure that you don't have power issues.

manic01
28-09-2013, 08:56 AM
Cheers mate, I THOUGHT you were using a TM5402HD, amongst all the OTHER TM's too I notice, I was thinking about getting the 5402HD too a year or so ago, but have noticed even worse reviews/reports about poor patches on that model than on my 6900HD Super - if that CAN really be possible??!! lol!!!:respect-051:
TM5402 is very good stb.

holmroad
28-09-2013, 12:13 PM
TM5402 is very good stb.

You see when I bought my TM6900HD Super I was earning - PLUS I felt that the two USBs for PVR & firmware updating etc was excellent - as was the terrestrial option for Freeview on this model!
Maybe with time, these priorities have changed somewhat?
Are you HAPPY with the software (patch) you are currently using manic01, or are you also having to use an earlier one too mate?
(Just watching Forest v Derby match!!!):respect-050:

manic01
29-09-2013, 08:29 AM
I'm having no issues but I seldom use rec tbh.

holmroad
29-09-2013, 11:55 AM
So presumably you can stream direct to tv via the TM5402HD?:bravo-009::iagree:

holmroad
01-10-2013, 12:07 AM
Still using patch 726P with absolutely NO problems after 10 days on my TM6900HD Super!
PVR working fine - but NO 7 day EPG obviously - to record from!
8281 (via 'Add-on') working really crisply and immediately, with Sly 28E NO freeze after 30-60 mins
which always occurs when using latest patches!
SCT HD on 13E no freezing at all - unlike latest patches 013P, 753P & 755P!

Blind Scanned all 1W - and again NO problems at all - i.e. no hang up of whole receiver at 22% completed as experienced with latest patches 013P, 753P & 755P!
Obviously no 7 day EPG or softcam options for 7E, 19E, 23.5E or 39E as reported previously!

Plus one OTHER extra which would be most appreciated would be extra Biss lines within the 8280 feature!

Come on Phantom/TM please - we are SO close!! :respect-051:

manic01
01-10-2013, 08:05 AM

bamber
01-10-2013, 11:40 AM
Holmroad, another site where you post (DW) has a new patch 756p posted today.

holmroad
01-10-2013, 11:41 AM
Ok mate - haha!!!
About to test new patch 756P posted today by Phantom - so will start new threads! :respect-050: