PDA

View Full Version : reinstalled dish but motor problems / renewal

we are borg
01-09-2013, 01:49 PM
After a few months of my 1.2 mtr dish being down because the old mounting bracket was rusted through I have reinstalled it.

Before putting it up I centralised the motor on the back of my spiderbox 9000 and only after my clever 14 year old daughter told me that I had the link coax going to the LNB socket and not the receiver socket could I get it to work. I hate clever kids LOL.

After getting it all put together and back on the wall I thought something didnt look right but connected everything to try it out and align it.

After moving the dish east and west I discovered that the dish was going the opposite direction then it dawned on me I had the motor on upside down. It is an old Cryptik H to H and the arm goes upwards not downwards as most motors do.

It now appears the motor is juddering so I think I will renew it so I am looking for advice on the best motor.

I dont want to spend a fortune but and I have a 1.2 mtr alloy dish which has worked happily on a cryptik for nearly 10 years .

all suggestions welcome.

WAB

echelon
01-09-2013, 02:23 PM
I used a darkmotor superior last year when I did my renewal , otherwise the tm2600 or the icecrypt dm-101 look to be the best alternatives to the darkmotors

you will find that you dont get the judder when using the darkmotor with a spiderbox, but I have noticed it on other motors like tm and motek

hornet
01-09-2013, 03:25 PM
Im sure ive seen it somewhere on here that if you use usals to set up your dish from a spiderbox you end up with jerky movement from sat to sat, If you set it up manually the jerky movement is gone :-)

echelon
01-09-2013, 04:05 PM
Im sure ive seen it somewhere on here that if you use usals to set up your dish from a spiderbox you end up with jerky movement from sat to sat, If you set it up manually the jerky movement is gone :-)

yes m8, that is true on some motors, they "jerk" with the spiderbox in usals mode but are smooth in diseqc v1.2 mode
my darkmotor is smooth in either mode, one of the reasons I bought it, it is also smooth in usals mode with other boxes too

we are borg
01-09-2013, 05:03 PM
I use the diseqc mode and it was ok and quite smooth albeit the motor was a bit noisy but that could be down to its age.

When I was fitting it I noticed excess play in it and prior to taking it down it showed jerking in certain places whilst turning which I believe is wear and tear.

I will now look at the dark motors and check them out.

Thanks for the help.

WAB

EXTRAFACTO
01-09-2013, 07:23 PM
i have only ever had a darkmotor...would highly recommend them...metal gears

we are borg
03-09-2013, 07:20 AM
@ Extrafacto

where did you buy it form we are limited here in the hinterlands of the North east,

WAB

echelon
03-09-2013, 08:35 AM
@ Extrafacto

where did you buy it form we are limited here in the hinterlands of the North east,

WAB

read the rules again please

thread closed