PDA

View Full Version : Channel editor - Missing Channels?

johngo
09-09-2013, 09:11 PM
I have used the channel editor to back up channels as shown in this forum; all appears to have worked in that I have an ssu editable file. but on checking the channels on 28.2E it looks to me like channels are missing? in particular BBC & ITV regional channels?
when I see the channels on the 6000 HD I can see multiples of the same channel too - but this is not replicated on the channel editor ? and as said not only are there not multiples of the same channel these channels don't appear on the editor? such as BBC 1?

I have a motorised set up 45e to 12w, if this is relevant?

any ideas?

blackdevil
09-09-2013, 09:16 PM
In the left of channel editor there are the satellites and under them their tp .
Check it like this way .

johngo
09-09-2013, 09:28 PM
I have just checked this way and can confirm that the channel im currently watching 28.2E channel 5 on tp 10964 does NOT appear in the channel list. in addition that transponder is red in the left hand side where I would expect it to be black and to show that channel and other channels on the tp?

blackdevil
09-09-2013, 09:51 PM
If you think that you are doing all correct and you found a channel editor issue ,upload your channel list so i can check it .

dave d
10-09-2013, 12:21 AM
same problem no BBC channels and no 5 usa and 5 star

blackdevil
10-09-2013, 10:11 AM
Upload your channel list so i can check it .
It seems ok for me .

johngo
10-09-2013, 07:36 PM
here is the channel list which I don't think has all the channels listed?
thanks

superstarmac
10-09-2013, 09:17 PM
Hi johngo

Can you be more specific on which channels/freqs you are missing?

Im seeing 17 ITV Channels and 21 various BBC 1 Channels

try using Tools>Sort>Satellite-Name in the program, are the channels you are looking for there?

superstarmac
10-09-2013, 09:22 PM
I have just checked this way and can confirm that the channel im currently watching 28.2E channel 5 on tp 10964 does NOT appear in the channel list. in addition that transponder is red in the left hand side where I would expect it to be black and to show that channel and other channels on the tp?

I also see 5 x "Channel 5" on this TP through the Editor

superstarmac
10-09-2013, 11:56 PM
HI Johngo,

I installed your SSU file on my box, can you please try the following:

Receiver:
(whilst viewing a channel, press OK to get the channel list, press yellow(Satellite), navigate to Astra2A, press OK, press green(Search) and enter ITV or BBC)
I searched on Astra2A(28.2E) for ITV through the remote control and got 43 TV Channels
I searched on Astra2A(28.2E) for BBC through the remote control and got 32 TV Channels

Channel Editor:
I clicked on Astra2A(28.2E) on the Editor and searched ITV, i got 43 TV Channels (the search function is a little buggy but it works :))
I clicked on Astra2A(28.2E) on the Editor and searched BBC, i got 32 TV Channels (the search function is a little buggy but it works :))

Do you get the same results on the SSU file posted above???

If not, can you do a factory reset and try again(menu>System Settings>Factory Settings, pass code "0000"), re-upload yoour channel list and see if you get 43 ITV & 32 BBC channels?

And if Dave d can try the same that would be great :)

johngo
11-09-2013, 03:02 PM
Bizarrely I opened the file in the editor this morning and I was able to see all of the correct channels. Upon editing the file ( to remove the channels I don’t want) I “lost” those original channels – no idea what happened.

I then decided to start from scratch again (using the file I posted originally) and I now can’t see the channels that I originally couldn’t.

I have subsequently shut my PC down and restarted the editor and I still can’t find (eg channel 5 on TP 10964 ).

So now it looks like I’m back to square one only I know that the file editor did see the missing channels and now doesn’t… I’ll keep trying to see if I can attempt to find out what is going wrong here?

superstarmac
12-09-2013, 09:42 AM
Hi johngo,

I was playing around last night and could not re-produce your problem :(

Have you tried any of the sorting options to see if the channels appear? maybe it is not being loaded into table correctly?

You could also try and unininstall/install the .Net Framework Client Profile to see if this helps, the file is located here if you want a clean download

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=24872

dave d
13-09-2013, 03:32 PM
found all the missing channels now i just rescanned the transponders of the ones that where missing :) cheers guys :)

superstarmac
13-09-2013, 07:07 PM
found all the missing channels now i just rescanned the transponders of the ones that where missing :) cheers guys :)

Good to hear :)

So the channels appear correct in the editor now?

johngo
14-09-2013, 12:12 PM
Hi Superstarmac,
I have an update; I reformatted the SD card using the slow method on the PC , it was in FAT32 but I redid it the slow way and kept to FAT32. The file and file size of the ssu file which came from the Spiderbox channels looked exactly the same before and after BUT I am now able to see all channels correctly!. now off to actually use the editor.
I cant see the reason that its now working but it is, for now. many thanks for your suggestions and help.
cheers,
John

dave d
15-09-2013, 01:51 PM
Good to hear :)

So the channels appear correct in the editor now? yes all there now and i rearranged them in the order i like .all sports together movies etc.

superstarmac
16-09-2013, 09:12 AM
Hi Superstarmac,
I have an update; I reformatted the SD card using the slow method on the PC , it was in FAT32 but I redid it the slow way and kept to FAT32. The file and file size of the ssu file which came from the Spiderbox channels looked exactly the same before and after BUT I am now able to see all channels correctly!. now off to actually use the editor.
I cant see the reason that its now working but it is, for now. many thanks for your suggestions and help.
cheers,
John

Hi John,

That's a bit of a weird one but good to hear :respect-048:

Phil007
16-05-2015, 05:22 PM
Hi how can I replace ie Eurosport that's not working with one further down the list that is working
Regards
Phil

Phil007
16-05-2015, 05:24 PM
Forgot to say box is spiderbox hd9000

Aldo
16-05-2015, 05:59 PM
Forgot to say box is spiderbox hd9000

This thread is ref the channel editor of the spiderbox 6000, your posts will have to be removed to the spiderbox 9000 section of the forum.