PDA

View Full Version : 6000 HD S/W backup Functionality

johngo
09-09-2013, 09:37 PM
Would it be possible for someone to explain where, when in the 6000 HD,
menu>system settings>software update>S/W backup

What each of the functions are for and when they would be used?

user database
key data
shared data
backup all (Obvious?)
Application 1

blackdevil
09-09-2013, 09:46 PM
user database => channel list
key data => keys
backup all => saves current patch including mac address so be careful do not download saved file to other receiver

Do not use the other options .

dave d
10-09-2013, 12:19 AM
i did a full backup the other day on to usb and it saved the file name but no data it was empty 0mb , any idea where ive gone wrong

Aldo
10-09-2013, 01:01 AM
i did a full backup the other day on to usb and it saved the file name but no data it was empty 0mb , any idea where ive gone wrong

First and foremost was your USB Stick formatted correctly, and did you name Your data to be saved correctly.

The setup procedure is here:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?162474-Setup-Guide-for-Spiderbox-6000HD

dave d
10-09-2013, 09:39 PM
already got files on it my USB first backup. updates, keys etc

Roadrunner
10-09-2013, 09:45 PM
You need to do the save twice. First you need to save the filename by pressing the floppy disc Icon, and then when you have the filename stored you press ok on it (in the right side window.to save the S/w onto that file, same as you do to save your UserData. I saved several `blanks` like that, failing to save the actual data to the file I have just created

dave d
10-09-2013, 10:18 PM
You need to do the save twice. First you need to save the filename by pressing the floppy disc Icon, and then when you have the filename stored you press ok on it (in the right side window.to save the S/w onto that file, same as you do to save your UserData. I saved several `blanks` like that, failing to save the actual data to the file I have just createdthats what i did i've done a few backups but this last one just wouldn't work tried it twice :)

hianta
10-09-2013, 10:29 PM
OK, don't kill me for asking? is the usb full? If you save or update the screen will print of it's status so watch close, does the end of it say fail or success? remember am only asking?

dave d
10-09-2013, 10:31 PM
its a 32gb usb theres about 200mb on it :) i'll try it again tomorrow

hianta
10-09-2013, 10:40 PM
If you use time shift settings you may have gave it all the available space? Thats why I was asking :07: but with that memory perhaps not lol good luck?