PDA

View Full Version : Think i have bricked my icecrypt s4000

frankpark
11-09-2013, 08:25 PM
Hi all I could do with a bit of help please I put some software on my ICECRYPT S4000 and its bricked .I switch it off and on and I can use the remote for about 20 seconds then it stops working so can not do a factory reset .have used flash cleaner and even borrowed an old computer with serial port so I can use porter express to load flash cleaner but no joy .Is there anyway of getting it back thanks in advance Frank

blakmumba
11-09-2013, 09:58 PM
What software have you actually installed? When running porter, does it say downloading on the ice's display?

frankpark
11-09-2013, 10:19 PM
yes its downloading ok on computer and receiver takes about 15 mins then says complete so I switch off and on again but remote works for about 20 seconds then receiver locks up .Software downloaded from icecrypt site ( flash cleaner)

blakmumba
12-09-2013, 12:07 PM
Do the buttons on the receiver work as you could use them to get into the menu. If they don't, your better off running porter once again to install flash cleaner (may take several attempts).

frankpark
13-09-2013, 05:09 PM
hello blackmumba thanks for your reply .I spoke to a guy from icecrypt and he told me it was a plugin that i had installed that was the problem. he told me to get filezilla then put in the address of my receiver in it and I would be able to see all my plugins and delete the problem one .I tried this but could not find problem plugin so used his other method which was put any plugin on a USB stick plug it into receiver and when message comes up on screen do not press red to download press green which deletes all plugins and it worked so I got my receiver back which is great, but while I am here can you help me with some good plugins for nascam and xcam there dose not seem to be any good ones about unless you can tell me the best place to get them Thanks again Frank

blakmumba
13-09-2013, 05:51 PM
The latest plugins are in the plugin section. Nothing new I'm afraid