PDA

View Full Version : EPG??? Spiderbox Team!

red5eddie
12-09-2013, 10:47 PM
Hi, a big thank you to black devil and all the spider box team for all the updates and work you've done so far.
I would like to address a few issues i have with the 6000HD, 1st is the EPG? can any thing be done with it? It lets this little box down big time.
2nd when i rescan a sat i loose all of my organised favourites this also lets the box down.
Other than these 2 issues i think the box is great.
So let me know if its possible to work on these issues.

Thanks, Eddie.

echelon
12-09-2013, 11:29 PM
the epg you get on your box is standard for epg on any third party box

there are some DEARER boxes that have methods of getting around epg restrictions, but its pointless expecting something from your box that it wasnt built with in the first place

it is what it is, and varies according to the satellite and broadcaster, so on some sats and certain broadcasters you will get a longer epg, but the standard one is now and next, whch is what you are probably seeing

this has nothing to do with the box, it is doing what it was designed to do, within what it is allowed to receive

I assume you are talking about 28e, and the ones on there are closed bespoke epg`s, so no nothing can be done, certainly not at the moment and your 6000 is no different than my 7000 or 9000 , which cost more money than your 6000 (the 9000 was twice the price)

I think you are expecting a bmw m3 having only paid for a mini ;)

ps:- the subject has already been covered here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?163227-6000-epg-amp-Blackdevil-Chan-list

blackdevil
13-09-2013, 06:39 AM
The 2nd issue you refer has been fixed some patches ago .
Do you use latest patch ?

red5eddie
15-09-2013, 11:20 AM
Hi Black Devil, yes i use the latest patch and always update, lately i have had no need to rescan a sat, but now i know the issue has been fixed i can rescan without fear of having to reorganise my favs.
Thanks, Eddie.