PDA

View Full Version : reducing play on a 2.4M unimesh dish on a ajak 36V H-H mount .

unimesh7Fowner
15-09-2013, 08:25 PM
This for information only ie I managed to fit one trust bearing to ajak H H mount . to reduce the effects of the worn out washers between the fixed plate and the rotating declination adjustment plate .

This has reduced the play in this area.
I have very good results . ( See my response to " which satellite dish? " thread)
Initially I planed to fit a pair ie one above and the other below this rotating plate . Unfortunately It became windly I dare not remove the dish to fit the second bearing . I am planning to fit the second one during summer 2014 as I very pleased with the results with only one now.

Enclose photos.

unimesh7Fowner
15-09-2013, 09:31 PM
please see my reply to " which dish " thread started by MATRIX2010 for further details

Sorry the photos are all jumble up. they should be in this order

1)photo 1 :- bearing as came from supplier Rs components top row- 9mm thick single direction trust ball bearing

bottom row -2mm thick needle trust bearing
2) photo 4:- bearing greased and assembled and ready to be installed

3)Photo 3:- a close up of a triax bracket set for their 1.8 meter solid meter dish sold in the late 90s
4 ) photo 2:- two set s of the triax bracket used in this project. Lasted a few storms since 1997 in NW LONDON.

5)Photo 5 :- scaffolding set up before installing the bearing ( a youngman minimax base unit and a guard rail unit ) It told me 30 minutes to set up the scaffolding as its a click on aluminium system

6) photo 6:- the 9mm bearing fitted . please note the washer between the two plates will be replaced with the 2mm bearing in summer 2014. Its too windy and too cold now as I have to remove the dish from the mount to do this.

7 photo 7:- the evaluation adjustment bolt and the seven stainless steel bolt to secure the mount in the N-S direction to the stainless steel pole

8) photo 8:-the declination angle adjustment bolt