PDA

View Full Version : the dreaded f100

anyi
18-09-2013, 01:32 AM
Hi,

I have been blighted by the dreaded f100. I have a 9000hd spiderbox. from the threads i know there is a recovery tool.

I have downloaded, got the null modem but the tool fails to upload.

I note that the tool is dated 2011. could this be the reason for the failure.

Im no expert but could some one direct me what to do or show me software that will work.

thanks,

Ps. any rambling is due to lack of footie which ive misssed ....no stb!!!

Aldo
18-09-2013, 02:06 AM
It would appear that you may have used this Tool, which is for the 9900 receiver:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?151499-Recovery-tool-HD9900

and it should have been this one:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?139661-New-recovery-tool-HD7000-and-HD9000

and the instructions for using are included with the file.

echelon
18-09-2013, 08:26 AM
also, try to make sure you are using a standard pc with a 9 pin com port built in (no usb adapters), preferably running XP, and that the cable is a 9 pin serial CROSSOVER cable , known as a null modem cable, with 9 pin D plugs on both ends

and as aldo says , ensure you are using the correct bin files for the 9000

com port setup instructions are here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?158068-Com-port-setup

to answer your question, no the date on the loader and files has no bearing on this, they will work given the right equipment, and providing the instructions are followed correctly

williamtell
18-09-2013, 06:06 PM
i have two 9900hd which are stuck on the dreaded, but i did a dummy run with my new null modem cable on my 9000hd
which is ok and started to progress bar with the download program, so!!! 9900hd i have a problem maybe capacities time to have a read, ps on vista so xp not that paramount on mine anyway.

anyi
19-09-2013, 07:44 AM
Hi,

thanks all for the help. If it works for others then it should work for me.

Ive a pc which runs windows xp and has a 9pin port. Ive obtained compatible null modem cable for the pc and the stb.

The download just does not happen. It does not initialise. I have let it run thinking it may be due to speed but still no movement.

Any other suggestions???

Thanks

echelon
19-09-2013, 08:25 AM
make sure you have turned the box completely off using the rear switch, start the downloader, only then do you switch the box on, as the process has to start while the box is booting up with the spiderbox backsplash and its at this point its looking to see if the comms process has been initiated

in other words if the box is powered on the process will never initiate

also, you have not mentioned if the com port is actually active in the bios and on the pc,

you have not said if it says its working properly,

you havent even said if you have followed the com port setup procedure mentioned in the link I gave you

you have not said if there is one com port in the device manager, or two , or even which com port is being used (number 1 or 2)

so just because the desktop has the correct port or ports does not automatically mean they are active or have been initiated, or that drivers are installed to make them work

you have to assume everything has not been done correctly, until you prove otherwise

you can test the com port by booting up with a serial mouse plugged into it, then checking the serial mouse works in the same way you are probably using a ps2 mouse or usb mouse

anyi
19-09-2013, 08:41 AM
Hi,

and thanks once again.

when you say start the downloader does that involve anything else than attaching the specific file and turning on the stb?

echelon
19-09-2013, 08:53 AM
Hi,

and thanks once again.

when you say start the downloader does that involve anything else than attaching the specific file and turning on the stb?

select the com port (usually com1, sometimes com2) and press com connect button on the right
then select the 9000 file (in your case) using choose file
and then press the start download button (or whatever its called) if there is one

it will then try to transfer the bin file into the box

the last thing you do is to switch the box on using the rear switch

but you still havent confirmed that the com port is as I said earlier in your XP (good to go)

here are the unpacked txt file instructions that you follow

instructions on using the repair files

1. Switch off STB
2. Run download.exe on PC
3. Select COM port and Press connect button
4. Press "Choose file" and select the attached spider_rs232.bin
5. Switch on STB
6. you will see the progress status on PC
7. STB will auto-reboot after finishing the downloading.

always use the correct bin file for your actual spiderbox model

anyi
19-09-2013, 09:05 AM
with regards the port set up, the downloader does say port 1 connected. Ive assumed its ok.

would check along lines given by echelon in 6 above,

thanks

anyi
19-09-2013, 09:16 AM
thanks echelon and sorry for the trouble.

Ive have done all suggest up to instruction 5 above.

com1 is connected and the file is loaded. then the stb is turned on. nothing else happens after that. there is no additional button on the downaloader to start it so I guess it will start when the stb is turned on.

I shall try these steps with another pc .

thanks for you help. Im sure these posts will be helpful to other in the future when blighted by the dreaded f100.

would keep all informed as I go.

we are borg
19-09-2013, 09:49 PM
Hi Anyi

I will monitoring how you get on as I am in the same situation.

Got an idea one of the capacitors may need replacing so If I do not resolve the issue I will looking for someone to do the repair for me.

WAB

mark77
19-09-2013, 10:21 PM
Hello everyone. Ive now fixed 3 of these for frends. Seems the fault along with the f100 error shows up after a year or so. Just like the old pace stb's that were in video cabinets. Dried out capacitors etc.
The LNB fault is a TIP42C situated next to the tuner Q15 on the 7000 / 9000 board. As for the F100 the best way to rectify
ive found is an old desk top with windows XP. Also check all cap's in the psu and replace them as required. Ive been an electronics engineer for over 30 years and
live in Lancashire.
Any assistance if i can help please ask.

williamtell
22-09-2013, 12:11 PM
ive tried several times to rid the problem as my previous post 4 suggests, can any kind person please load a picture of which bits i may need to replace i.e caps, resistors etc, i know a local tv repair shop who may do this for me with the 2x9900hd boxes, he repaired my spiderplugs so i,m hoping he can bring back to life the near on 200 pounds receivers??
i have tried & tried with the download and unzipped files on my vista pc but it won`t budge!!! i tried my 900hd and the progress bar started so its not my pc or com port which is the culprit tia

simon123
22-09-2013, 12:21 PM
cut ur costs bin it get a spiderbox 6000 belive me i tttttttttttttttttttttt and ttttttttttttttt went 4 times then never recoverd would not do ant thing me

williamtell
22-09-2013, 12:32 PM
What did he do to spiderplugs as i have 2 not working.
Sorry to go off track.

soldered a cap £10 but ive seen them on flea for £20 with a years warranty[not spiders] only had it done because they were near £60 at the time off lee

williamtell
22-09-2013, 12:36 PM
cut ur costs bin it get a spiderbox 6000 belive me i tttttttttttttttttttttt and ttttttttttttttt went 4 times then never recoverd would not do ant thing me

i do like the 9900hd Simon the 6000hd is a little tinny if you don`t mind the pun! its not about binning it its about learning how things are done & why, ps i do have 2x 9000hd which are ok and a tm5402 so its not that i,m without plus both boxes are worth saving imo

simon123
22-09-2013, 02:19 PM
ok mate good look with that

mark77
23-09-2013, 09:36 PM
Hi Williamtell

I have no pics of the caps I replaced in the 7000 / 9000 boxes
I have also not done the 9900 boxes
Look for the cross on top of the caps to lift up as it should be dead flat
If you need any more help please don’t hesitate to ask

I can't pm you back as I don’t have enough posts

williamtell
27-09-2013, 04:56 PM
thanx they are at the local repair shop, [with an old timer] still waiting for the result will post when [if] sorted.

bladesman
26-03-2014, 10:46 PM
Do you repair the spiderbox 9000hd

Aldo
27-03-2014, 12:55 AM
Do you repair the spiderbox 9000hd

This thread has inactive for 6 months, so it is highly unlikely that you will get a reply in a hurry, so use the the file included in the link below and follow all of the instructions included:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?139661-New-recovery-tool-HD7000-and-HD9000

lbaro
09-05-2014, 01:13 PM
how can i get in touch