PDA

View Full Version : Spiderbox HD9000 and 2 dishes

Satcat
18-09-2013, 12:49 PM
I have looked in the tutorials, but can't find the answer to this question. If it's there and I've missed it my apologies.
My question is can I have a static dish for 1 sat, and also run a motorised dish, via a diseqc switch, on my Spiderbox HD9000?
And if so, how.
Thanks in advance.

echelon
18-09-2013, 12:59 PM
yes, just use a 2 way or 4 way diseqc switch, and have the motor connected to output 1 or A, and set the static fixed dish on B or C or D

I use C for 28e and A for the motorised , then set the simple diseqc on C and choose 28.2 east astra 2 etc

in the motorised part of the menu, select 3-1 or 3-0 for 28.2e for the diseqc ports commit and uncommit

for all the rest select 1-1 or maybe 1-0 for the diseqc ports commit and uncommit

that way the box select diseqc port 1 for all the sats except the fixed dish, and chooses port 3 for the fixed dish, in this case 28e

cankraja
18-09-2013, 12:59 PM
Credit to William-1 for a detailed guide.........

How to set up 16 Lnb's on a Spiderbox+Fixed & Motorized Dish Instructions

On the "DiSEqC Switch" page there are 4 ports, DisEqC 1 - 4 that can be set to a satellite each, but on the "Satellite Search" page, there are option for "DiSEqC Port" that can be set to between 1 - 4, setting this then gives you an option for "DisEqC Uncommit" that can be set between 1 - 16

How to set up 16 Lnb's on a SpiderBox
This is what opens the DiSEqC menu
1/Satellite Search
2/DiSEqC port 1 to 4
3/DiSEqC Uncommit select 1 to 16
Now you can set up 16 Lnb's from this menu

So to set up 16 Lnb's on a Spiderbox is easy,
1/ select the satellite
2/ select the DiSEqC port 1 to 4
3/select DiSEqC Uncommit 1 to 16
In theory it should be possible to set up 16 to 64 Lnb's in this menu.

Select 2nd satellite ect ...................

In the DiSEqC menu

Select DiSEqC 1 for any one of your sats on the moving dish and DiSEqC for the sat on your fixed dish.

In the Satellite search menu

Set it up so that all the sats on the moving dish are DiSEqC 1 and the fixed dish sat is DiSEqC 2.

The DiSEqC switch you require is just a DiSEqC 2 X 1 satellite switch, the centre connection goes to your spider and I will leave it you you to work out which dish connects to A and B on the switch(If you can'not remember if the fixed dish was A or B.. but it will only take a moment to swap the connections if it does not work )

example:-
Use a fixed on 28E and the motor for the rest.

echelon
18-09-2013, 01:31 PM
its also worth noting that that info was already on the forum , here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?151927-simple-guide-to-setting-up-a-Spiderbox-HD

so it seems the OP was incorrect in saying we did not have the info here, as it is in the tutorial section so he definitely "missed it"

Satcat
25-09-2013, 03:29 PM
Up and running!
Thanks for your help guys.