PDA

View Full Version : using an internal hdd with uno is it image dependent?

gbmitie
18-09-2013, 09:43 PM
I am experimenting with an Uno and have started with openATV 3.0 image, got it working with all the bits and pieces, even usb hdd. I then decided to try an internal HDD and that was where the fun started. The first WD 300GB would not mount, I even re-installed image. I then tried a maxtor 300gb and that mounted but only lasted for a few days and I got write error. I then tried to initialise it and again it would not mount. And I could no longer see HDD. Also I lost my Playtv tuner, it just went dead.

I moved on to a BH 2.0.5 image and got my tuner back working and all the other bits. I had a usb self powered hdd connected and that was seen but not mounted. I then went to format HDD and was asked to choose a format ext3 or ext4 but this is the bit that confused me, is it the norm to have disk formatted in this way so it will be recognised and can then be mounted? I choose 2 partitions, 250 each and both are mounted as media/hdd I think.

This is working and recording but it shows up as a HDD and not a usb HDD. Anyway with a sata cable I recovered the other 2 x 300gb discs so they are ready for use again.

My question is, what is the correct process for mounting an internal HDD does it need to be formatted by a PC first and then once detected re-formatted in ext 3 or ext 4 by uno? Or is it all dependent on the image one uses?

I had oscam and ccam working together in openatv but can only have one or the other working in BH?

In other words help? I want to use internal HDD as no power points left!

echelon
18-09-2013, 10:02 PM
these boxes are linux, and linux uses ext formatting, so anything to do with a pc has no relevance as a pc uses fat32 or ntfs formatting if using windows, they are formatted by the box itself, from the image and its menus

there is no need to use both oscam and cccam on your box, you can use one or the other, as oscam can emulate cccam

DCG
18-09-2013, 11:15 PM
try reading wat is said in the post of bh image 2.0.5 galaxy

DCG
18-09-2013, 11:33 PM
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/newreply.php?p=886705&noquote=1

Starting from this version, the Black Hole image will fully support an internal hdd larger than 2 TB.
The new initialise function will partition your hdd with optimal alignment and will format it in the linux ext4 filesystem, which will give the best performance.

simply reading will give all the info you need