PDA

View Full Version : constant dropouts

flickerrr
24-09-2013, 11:20 AM
Hi guys have problem with newcamd - just constantly dropping line then reconnecting for few seconds then away again. I have two lines from same server and this has never happened before. The lines are fine because im using them on vu solo and no issues at all. Have been reading around and think im right in saying the double login and fact im using newcamd, this shouldnt be happening. Also strange its just started last couple days after months of no issues? Stayalive doesnt matter with newcamd?

I have tried turning one line off and using one at a time but still same. Have checked ethernet cable and its fine too. I have march 2012 patch which i believe is still latest.

Any thoughts anyone please?

cheers

echelon
24-09-2013, 12:58 PM
in my experience, if a line logs in and out constantly, its because its in use on 2 separate boxes at the same time

flickerrr
24-09-2013, 03:24 PM
Understand what your saying but its been working fine from January and 2 ip addresses are allowed by server

dave d
24-09-2013, 08:10 PM
had the same problem over the weekend with my n line what broadband server are you with i put it down to the broadband keep dropping because of high volume at weekends ,

john.dat
24-09-2013, 09:40 PM
I have tried turning one line off and using one at a time

AFAIK that is the correct way of doing it, I can't run 2x lines on my Spider 9000HD

flickerrr
25-09-2013, 11:31 AM
Hi guys thanks for comments but I'v got the bottom of it - i had both mgcamd and cccam running at same time on my vu solo so this was causing conflict, all sorted now.
John.dat you can run many lines on the spider shouldnt be an issue

echelon
25-09-2013, 03:30 PM
which is basically what I stated in post #2

except when I said 2 separate boxes, I now need to alter my statement to "2 separate boxes or 2 emus in use at the same time on one box !" ;)

or to "using it 3 times when only 2 are allowed!"

but I was right in the actual deduction of what causes it