PDA

View Full Version : No C band signals using WSI ns741U on VU+duo2 using BH205 or BH206

unimesh7Fowner
25-09-2013, 09:27 PM
For some reasons I am not getting any C band SNR system at all.

my set up is a duo2 with 3TB HDD and a WSI NS741U (two C and Ku separate output with no switching)on a 2.4 unimesh dish . Tuner A connected to Ku LNb o/p via V box iii to supply 36 volt to Ajak 36dc H H mount . Tuner B and D is not connected. Tuner C is connected to C band o/p . I have tried both BH205 and BH206 ( only yesterday).

It appears that BH206 vastly improved my Ku reception on tuner A but still 0 SNR on C band .I only getting 65 strength then jumps to 96 on certain parts of the arc but zero SNR all the time. so I requested a loan c/ku lnb from a well know satellite supplier from New Castle, so Dave ( the supplier's owner) sent me a older WSI dmx741u .

To my surprise the dmx model picked up more Ku band channels than the newer NS model

It may due to the internal Ku scalar rings on the DMX but is missing on the NS .

Futhermore the neutral metal rod on the dmx in the C band runs across the diameter ,where else on the NS its only run to the middle.

when I tried setting up the tuner I noticed that I could not find any c band transponder using BH205 or BH206. Furthermore satellite with c band only were not listed on the program. This only a small matter as I put them in manually.

Has a anybody has any idea why I have No c band using this set up.

Do I have download a different satellite list for the programming ?

what am I doing wrong ?or are both the c/Ku lnb by WSi is faulty? one is a NS741U and the other a dmx741u.

Shall I buy and try a DMS BSC621 C/Ku LNBF ?

Any ideas please why I am NOT getting C band signals . ( don't worry I have fitted the dielectric plates)

Waltwal
26-09-2013, 04:04 PM
I have vu+solo 2 on the BH 205 image and the C band performance is OK I prefer to change Lnbs but my dish 1.8 PF Para-Clipse is ground mounted and a solid dish can change Lnbs in 5mins,the performance of Ku band is very poor I just checked on bsc621-2 on JSC Sport HD4 getting 30% and not locking put the black ultra back on getting 75% the C band is ok but still not as good as the pauxis I mainly use. waltwal

unimesh7Fowner
26-09-2013, 07:17 PM
in other words , the Pauxis is a better C band lnb than the bsc621-2 and the black ultra is better LNB than the bsc621-2 for Ku band. Is this what you are saying?

unimesh7Fowner
26-09-2013, 07:21 PM
I have vu+solo 2 on the BH 205 image and the C band performance is OK I prefer to change Lnbs but my dish 1.8 PF Para-Clipse is ground mounted and a solid dish can change Lnbs in 5mins,the performance of Ku band is very poor I just checked on bsc621-2 on JSC Sport HD4 getting 30% and not locking put the black ultra back on getting 75% the C band is ok but still not as good as the pauxis I mainly use. waltwal

did your bsc621-2 came with a tone switch internally? or just one o/p on the c band module and an external switch?

Waltwal
26-09-2013, 07:44 PM
the bsc621-2 has a DiSEqC 2x1 switch on the lnb. What I am saying is individual lnbs will always be better than a dual band, if you would like you can have mine to try. regards waltwal

unimesh7Fowner
27-09-2013, 07:28 AM
thanks for the offer. I will getting one without the diseqc switch I am going to Colchester Es*** today to pick it up ( c*d*t*r*o*n*I*X) . hopefully the noise figure will be less without this inbuilt switch.

Waltwal
27-09-2013, 09:32 AM
The figures I gave yesterday were without the switch in as I did not want to reconfigure the lnb settings on my solo 2,but I have never seen any loss thro any switch either with 2 4 16 way but do appreciate there must be some regards waltwal