PDA

View Full Version : Receiver Choice

lofgents
26-09-2013, 08:46 AM
I live in Greece and want to replace my old HD box with a new one, I only need a single tuner box and would like something that is good quality. I can get a VU+ UNO here for 250 euros but the newer Solo2 and Duo2 are a lot more expensive and the 2nd tuner would be unused. Would the UNO be a good choice, I have 3 dishes with 5 lnbs and use diseq uncommitted on my receiver to set up. I also want to be able to pick up iplayer etc. which I believe there is a plug in available and the receiver would have to have a very good tuner.

Is the UNO the right choice or is there something else I dont mind spending more if the benefits in my criteria fit.

Thanks for any advice.

echelon
26-09-2013, 09:12 AM
any original VU is an excellent choice, so I dont see a problem with the Uno unless there is something about it that it cannot do that the other vu`s can

for instance, think about if it accepts an internal hdd for recording onto etc (I dont have a uno so cannot comment but have the duo with an internal hdd), so in other words its better to have an internal sata hdd instead of an external usb hdd

the only other aspect is single or twin tuner and you have decided against the twin so uno or solo seem to be your 2 single tuner choices, in which case I see no problems with the Uno UNLESS you find a negative or somebody else points one out

joshjess
01-10-2013, 10:44 PM
I run a Uno with a 1TB HDD installed and single tuner but you can buy it with a dual tuner or swap it later on. As for how good, well its as good as the Duo I had and is certainly better than the Dreambox 500HD it has replaced. I would recommend the Uno