PDA

View Full Version : Solo2 network/HD access question

miffy93
29-09-2013, 07:36 PM
I have a VU+ Solo2 (1tb drive fitted) and a Humax HDR-100s (1tb).

I can record something on the VU+ and go into the other room and play it back on the Humax (I can also stream from the NAS to the Humax).

What I would like to do is just the same on the Solo2.

I can stream from the NAS to the Solo2 but can't access the Humax hard drive - in fact I can't see the Humax when I scan the network on the Solo2, so am unable to set up a mount.

Is it possible to do?

Thanks.

mikie8
29-09-2013, 08:04 PM
i dont own either boxes , but as you can view your nas on both boxes they have network client setup as default .

what you need to do is setup network server on both boxes to share the files within .

miffy93
29-09-2013, 08:17 PM
Ok i'll take a look at the settings thanks.

I suspect though that I might not be able to do it.....because if that's what's stopping it i'll bet I can't tinker with the Humax to enable it, which is probably why I can see the Solo HD from the Humax (network server is probably already set up) but not able to see the Humax from the Solo....make sense?

miffy93
13-10-2013, 07:00 PM
Ok i'll take a look at the settings thanks.

I suspect though that I might not be able to do it.....because if that's what's stopping it i'll bet I can't tinker with the Humax to enable it, which is probably why I can see the Solo HD from the Humax (network server is probably already set up) but not able to see the Humax from the Solo....make sense?

Assuming i'm doing everything right im unable to find a setting on the Humax (I take it the setting will be on the Humax side - in any case can't see anything on the VU+ side either, nothing obvious anyway).

Which is a shame as it would have made a great feature.....being able to access whichever recording I wanted, from whichever box I chose.

mikie8
13-10-2013, 07:40 PM
the solo2 should be able to share its files from the internal drive .

setup will depend on what image you use .